“Not a 4 star hotel!”

Ranked #160 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Yerevan, Armenia
“Not a 4 star hotel!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was here from Dec 31, 2013 to Jan 7, 2014 with my family.

My camera was stolen from our table during New Year Ceremony, while we had been away for just 1 minute to cheer with people sitting by the next table. Thanks to hotel staff they returned it to us next day and said sorry (I guess a waiter took it). Overall the staff were very kind and always trying to do their best! Barman and receptionists are very professional and do their job perfectly.

During New Year Ceremony you SHOULD PAY to bring YOUR OWN drinks, I guess it was $10 per every bottle or you have to pay for their drinks which were not the best. The food of the restaurant was good though!

You should be AWARE not to leave any money in your pockets. On the third day some Egyptian money and Armenian money has been disappeared from my suit pocket. I asked not to let anybody to clean my room until I was there.

For everything else my rating (service, value, location rooms) is 3, for staff my rating is 5+. Won't stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear guests / Artash2014

Warm greetings from Verginia Sharm,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review

Kindly notice, that the verginia Management appreciates your feedback and we take your comments very seriously,

First of all let me inform you that the case of theft which is the guest talking about,
It’s not stolen, but it’s the case of loss and there is a big different between the two cases.
All that has happened is that the guest has lost his camera during a New Year Party
And you can imagine how many guests attended this party,
Once the guest told us that he lost his camera, immediately we informed the
Security to search everywhere, but they faced difficulties in the search due to the
Large number located in the party.
After the end of the party the security found the camera and he informed the reception.
Then the reception call guest and told him to come to receive his camera,
The guest already came and got his camera and signed that he already got his camera.
And you can find attached lost and found Log book with the guest signature that camera have been received by guest.
*As for the 10 $ to be paid It is charge for bottle cover &Service as the guest has his own drink Bottle from out side hotel.
. And if the guest don’t want to pay for the drinks he can go to the
All Inclusive Bar cause it was open for all inclusive guests for free.
*Such as the disappearing money from the suits, the hotel doesn’t have any responsibility for
Any valuables things outside the safety deposit box as it is free of charge inside the guest rooms &and that Note is written in guest registration card up on check in with guest signature .
However when the guest told us, we made investigations and the result was that nobody
Enter the guest room even the house keeping because it’s happened during the evening.

Looking forward to welcome you again to verginia Sharm EL Sheikh

Please do let us know if ever we could be of any assistance.

Thank you & best wishes from Sharm el Sheikh

gm@verginiasharm.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Rooms were ok, staff very helpful and tried their best. Food left a lot to be desired, very bland until a guest showed them how to make a curry!! very dissapointed with having to pay for water, no tea or coffee facilities as a tee total customer a little more flexibility on drinks would have been appreciated. A charge of £28 extra for xmas dinner was excessive to say the least. I agree with previous review, the pool was like swimming in the North Sea which I have done, the jacuzzi and waterfall were only switched on for a short period whilst photos were taken! ( ie for the Russians) Wi Fi is not free at all approx £30 for the week. The owners need to look at other 4 star all inclusive in the area if they want to keep customers happy. The 3 star next door was far better, heated pools and true all inclusive facilities, wish I had booked there instead and saved myself some money

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jan P
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Sir / Jan p

Have a good day from verginia sharm

* Thank you for your valuable time sharing your experience in verginia sharm

* The beginning we thanks you for visiting our hotel and we hope to see you here soon,

* All guest comments, concerns & recommendations are very valuable to us as the constantly improvement of our standard & service is an important issue

* We already forwarded your concerns & comments to each department & will follow-up

* Such as the water it’s free of charge for all inclusive guests from all the bars but just in
glasses ,And if have to pay just for the bottle as you know from the first day and the receptionist gave you All inclusive package which is written out everything about All Inclusive system.

* Also for the tea and coffee is available from pool bar and lobby bar. And restaurant

* For the X-Mass dinner charge, it’s optional not Obligatory, so if you interested you can pay for the X-Mass dinner, but if you don’t so you can have your free dinner in the restaurant

* For the swimming pool, we didn’t say that we have a heated and when you arrived you found it cold because we deal credibly with all our customers and agencies.
*The same for WI FI, in our website we said that it’s available and we didn’t say that it’s free.
Because we only sell what we have, and this one of the most important reasons to gain the trust of every one& because we seek to satisfy all guests and provide better service.

•Looking forward to welcome you again to verginia Sharm.

Many Thanks, best wishes from Sharm el Sheikh

16/01/2014

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Hull
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went with my friend over new year when we turned up we couldn't believe it was the same place we had read on trip advisor all the reviews and it was totally different to what we expected. We asked to change room as it wasn't the cleanest dirty bathroom, broken floor tiles, small room the man on reception showed us another room wasn't much better he couldn't understand what we thought was wrong with them very ignorant man . we was limited to drinks at bar which was warm the staff was told to work slow or ignored us so we could drink much which I don't anyway couldn't even just get water when you wanted it we was limited to food we could have by not been able to help yourself it was mainly catered for Russians not nice. The outside area of pool was the best place but lots of flies and pool was too cold to go in so we ended up going to the beach everyday and paying to eat out couldn't fault Reef beech down the road it was lovely there staff so nice . ... . New year eve party couldn't get drinks at our table as they wanted to charge use so really it wasn't all inclusive we ended up leaving and going out new year . I have been to Egypt before and loved it in a different hotel I can't believe how different it was this time only good thing was the weather and English people who we met and went out with on a night too different pub where we paid for drinks as couldn't get served on a night with one bar staff in the verginia sharm poor man worked so hard I would not recommend this hotel and I never always believe what people put on here when us English like to moan but feel I had to write something as was just upset with what I paid and what I got . . . .

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank bob69bob
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest / bob69bob

Warm greetings from Verginia Sharm

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review

We are really very sorry that not all aspects of the stay were successful

All guest comments, concerns & recommendations are very valuable to us as the
Constantly improvement of our standard & service is an important issue

We appreciate your constructive comments and we will do our utmost to exceed your Expectation on your next visit to make you feel next time satisfied

Looking forward to welcome you again at verginia Sharm EL Sheikh in the near
Future

Please contact us at your convenience if we could be of any assistance.

Thank you & best wishes from Sharm el Sheikh

Email:gm@verginiasharm.com

17/01/2014
Rye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went to this hotel for one week at the end of November with my husband and our two friends. We went to celebrate our friend's 70th Birthday and we could not have chosen a better and more friendly hotel. I cannot possibly mention all of the staff individually, but without exception, every one of them were friendly, courteous and nothing was too much trouble. I suppose I really ought to mention "Busy" (head porter I think) and Mohammed (pool bar and restaurant) they were outstanding, but as I said, from cleaners to General Manager, EVERYONE was so accommodating and friendly. There was an unbelievable atmosphere at the hotel in general, we are not usually ones to "get up and join in" with everything, but the animation team just seemed to get you to do this without "in-your-face" hassle. Rooms were brilliant, food was good and the chef was always willing to rustle up a few chips if you didn't fancy what was on offer. The Chef even made a beautiful cake for our friend's 70th and the dinner table was decorated with fresh flowers - lovely and quite touching. The hotel itself is a picture with flowers dripping from every level. All in all, for the cost of this week in November we could not have done better had we booked a 4/5* hotel. The only one very small disappointment was that you could not get wine outside of the dining room in the evening. Wine is not provided in the all inclusive package in any of the bars. Apart from this one small thing, we could not have celebrated our friends 70th anywhere better than in the Verginia Sharm and we cannot wait to go back again next year to meet up with all the lovely staff that made the holiday so fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LindylooEastSussex
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Verginia Guest / LindylooEASTSussex

Thank you very much for your visit and your positive and detailed review. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, facilities and services provided,

I will surely pass on your comments to our teams, and in particular to those employees who you have mentioned by name especial me

We would hope to welcome you back soon back again, please do let us know if ever we could be of any assistance

Sincerely and with kind regards.

24/12/2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

stayed 10 nights had a great time. some of the staff need a pat on the back, osama in the restaurant and his team were excellent. Araby the head chef what a nice guy. reception staff excellent. rooms were kept spotless for us. Good entertainment. the hotel was in a great position on el cid hill. Both beaches excellent, snorkleing good. Real shame the russians spoil it with their rudeness and greed. The hotel is well worth the money you pay, the only downfall we could find was the breakfast.

Room Tip: we had 2014 and 2016 they were spacious and very clean. got the sun all afternoon and we sat on the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sallyann68
Dear Guest / Sallyann68

* Thank you from verginia sharm your second home at Egypt

* For taking the time to post your comment

*We are pleased to read your good and warm comments about our service, hotel area, rooms, swimming pool, food, beverage, animation team

* I will surely pass on your comments to our teams and in particular to those employees who you have mentioned by name, hi from all of them

* Your recommendations are very valuable to us as the constantly improvement of our standard & service is an important issue

* We appreciate your constructive comments and we will do our utmost to exceed your expectation on your next visit,

* Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon

Sincere my best Regards

24/12/2013

E-mail:gm@verginiasharm.com
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

As a solo traveller I stayed there for 2 weeks in November Such a lovely hotel Staff are friendly and hard working they made me feel very welcome The upstairs bar ran out of beer twice but not too much of a problem i just went onto cocktails, the bar man Mohamed really could do with an additional member of staff to help out at busier times Animation team always up for a laugh and work very hard
Food was excellent and varied As for the room and its location well to be honest i've got no complaints about it.
I cant wait to go back there in January for a 3 week stay

Room Tip: If youre not happy with the allocated room just ask to move to another
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank LesFox
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest verginia sharm / lesFOX

* Thank you for your valuable time sharing your experience in verginia sharm

* Such reviews are reward to the team for all the effort done to make your stay with us delightful

* So we are grateful for reviews such as yours which encourage people to return to

Egypt (Verginia Sharm Resort)

* We promise you that we will always enhance our services to meet you future expectation

* I will surely pass on your comments to our team and in particular to those employees whose

Have mentioned by name, hi from all of them especially from me ( Adel Salman )

* Looking forward to welcome you back again to our resort in the near future JANUARY 2014

Please contact us at your convenience if we could be of any assistance.

* You see who much welcome to verginia v.i.p treatment

* Please tell me details by e-mail

Sincerely and with kind regards

10/12/2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Sultan Salam and Wife.

Visited recently in Nov 13. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Rating "Excellent" in all their activities.

Hotel Location And Design. Easy to get to anywhere, and design of hotel and view of pool and bougainvillea........pleasure to the eye.

Rooms. Very spacious and comfortable.

Service:

Front Desk. Wasim, Tamer, Ehob ; we met them first day.Excellent sense of service.

House Keeping. Very efficient. Excellent.
Pool. very alert, friendly. Excellent
Bars. staff very alert, very friendly..........Excellent.
Dining. staff very friendly, alert and provided excellent personal service. Restaurant
Manager was exceptionally friendly and an asset to Sol Verginia.
Entertainment. Excellent attitude, very friendly, Want to involve you.
Shuttle Driver. very helpful, smiling face, excellent.

Food. Excellent food and variations.

General Manager. Very pleasant personality, very friendly, willing to help and listens to the guests.

Other guests who used Verginia Resort with us were very happy also and we made few friends there.

We would like to come back to verginia again next year and would recommend it to our family and friends without hesitation. EXCELLENT.

Sultan Salam.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank sultan s
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest / Mr.Sultan Salam And Your Wife
Thank you from Verginia Sharm Resort your second home at Egypt.

For taking the time to post your comment.

We are pleased to read your good and warm comments about our service

Egypt (Verginia Sharm Resort)

Delightful

I will surely pass on your comments to our team and in particular to those employees whose Have mentioned by name, hi from all of them especially from me ( Adel Salman )

Your recommendations are very valuable to us as the constantly improvement of our standard Service is an important issue.

Expectation on your next visit.

Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back again soon.
Thanks, Best Regards