“Had great holiday until arrived at airport and realised money had gone missing from my purse”

Verginia Sharm Resort
Ranked #164 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks with my parents we all had a nice holiday staff very good, friendly, polite. Food was ok a bit too salty on a few days but just picked something else always pasta, rice, potatoes, fish, chicken or beef dishes, plenty of salad and veg dishes. Hotel was pretty empty as not many people have been traveling due to trouble in Cairo which is hours away so the animation team did the best they could with us. The hotel is only a £2 taxi to the nightlife in nama bay always plenty of taxis on hand to go anywhere. The rooms were cleaned everyday there are safes in the room that are free to use but we couldn't get them to work i had been leaving my money in my bedside draw and checking it everyday it was there the whole holiday so was very pleased with cleaner always worried that something may get stolen when in room but i just asumed it would be more than jobs worth to steal anything unfortunately i let my guard down and didn't check the money was in my purse before i left the hotel and when got to airport the money that was in my purse before breakfast had vanished so £40 in English and a 10 euro note had gone.when i emailed the hotel they said the cleaner didn't find any money and to ask my friends maybe i spent it which i find ridiculous they said they trust the cleaner so basically called me a liar so to sum up i enjoyed my holiday it was a nice hotel the staff were great apart from the response when i told them about the theft so check your belongings before you leave the hotel even if you have seen it a few hours ago as i am 100% sure it was someone who had a key to the room who went in my purse in the draw and took the money it was in a purse that needed to be opens and money can not just jump out

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank dockers1985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 7/8 Times. I am very choosy of my food but all ways find something to eat. The rooms are always clean and tidy with clean sheets daily.
The pool area is perfect with pool, children's pool and a Jacuzzi.

The staff are polite and extremely helpfully, polite and charming in their roles
I can not thank Mohamed Acmed from the pool bar enough. He always keeps the bar area clean and works his but off. He entertains everyone and this is what I want from my relaxing holidays in this hotel.
Tracy M
See you 03/10/13 I can't wait

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor rooms they have excellent balconies.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tracy m
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Verginia Guest / Tracy m

Thank you from verginia sharm your second home at Egypt

Thank you very much for your visit and your positive and detailed review.

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, facilities and services provided,

I will surely pass on your comments to our teams, and in particular to those employees who you have mentioned by name.

We would hope to welcome you back soon

In October 2013

Sincerely and with kind regards

24/09/2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed here and it wasnt what we expected. The food is vile a guest found glass in his food and the management didn't seem to care. Another guest cracked his head open in the pool no staff came to help was left to other guests oh and the guy behind the pool bar tried to help but didn't have a clue. Wifi supposed to be free but isn't. The entertainment was pretty much non existent half hour if that n as it wasn't busy due to guests going into town they would cancel the entertainment for the rest of us with no warning. Couldn't have a relaxing day by the pool without this man grabbing your hand and pestering you to get a massage and was not nice when said no thanks. We went all inclusive but had to pay before 10am and after 11pm and water you had to pay for. Was never any snacks by the bar the bar man up stairs was so rude and slagged off the English n would stop serving you if russians or little children came to the bar.would not recommend going if you want a peaceful holiday.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank abcdefghijkla
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear verginia guest

*Warm greetings from Verginia Sharm

*Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

*We are really very sorry that not all aspects of the stay were
successful.

*Dear sir / i hope you are remember me

* I made every thing for you after the meeting at my office ( fruits basket +special food,,beverage +special treatment during the thee weeks all your stay at verginia sharm

*and free day use include meals,drinks

*please write the rightful when you write your comment at your trip

*All guest comments, concerns & recommendations are very valuable to us as the constantly improvement of our standard & service is an important issue.

*We already forwarded your concerns & comments to each department & will follow-up.

*Thank you & best wishes from Sharm el Sheikh,

E-mail: gm@verginiasharm.com
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

May I tell you about a hotel I've just spent the last week in with my good lady wife. It is a lovely and really friendlily hotel that goes by the name VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL. Myself I would give this hotel a good 9/10 as there was not a thing that they wouldn't do for you. This comes from the top management all the way down to the humble porter. It is a great example that the guest comes first.
Let me try to tell you about just a few off the staff of VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL that in more than once had gone out off there way just to make our week down in Sharm El Shake a week to remember for a long time to come. (All ready planning to return to VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL again next year myself). At this time I have to apologise to all that I have forgotten names off. But if they read this they will know who they are and I have not forgot them as a person. OK the the best place to start would be check-in, Arriving in Sharm El Shake in the late evening about 10:30 the gent at check-in ask very po-lightly for my paperwork and as he did all he had to do pointed out the lobby bar and offer myself and wife a complementary-drink. By this time all check-in completed and a porter waiting to show us to our room, friendlily and hassle free and I all so by this time been given the name that all the staff was to call me all week.(Mr Robert). As it was so late in the evening the gent at check-in had a light snake of fresh rolls and salad for two sent to the room.
That leads me on to breakfast, as the VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL is catering manly for the Easter European my wife was not to keen on wait was on offer. And she settled for some fruit and a cup off tea. However as we went for lunch we where welcomed at the door by the head chef who is one off them wee men that you can never remember the name off, but if you do go to the VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL you can not miss the wee man as he is the living embodiment off the games character super Mario He was in the company off the waiter that no matter how hard I try I just can not fault.(Ibrahim) Bottom line whatever we wanted to eat we just had to ask Ibrahim the meal before and we got it. On the night of locale meals well I have to say myself and the wife must have had the pick off the meal. All prepared and plated as well as served the the head chef himself.
This brings me on to daily life just nicely, As both me and the wife are in the 2nd halve off 100 that did not stop the recreation team trying very hard to include us in the daily activates such as morning exercises, darts,volleyball,table tennis and so on, and the evening entertainment off traditional and modern was all good light entertainment.
Now for all you out there know that the people that can make or brake your holiday is your bar staff. At this time I'm going to name names as they do deserved to be named, and it all good. I just hope I get the spelling of there names right and if not they do not get offended as for the 4 of them I intend to keep in touch with. So the 1st one being the Barman at the pool bar Machmide this young man has an imagination 2nd to nun and has the female guest bursting with laughter. 2nd one Mohamed the barman from the main lobby of the VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL. Mohamed was full of very use-full advise of where to go and where not to go and how to get there safely and back again as well as his very good advise he is a very witty man. I personally rate him as the best barman that I came across in Sharm El Shake. (so if he gives you advise please take it in the spirit it is given). 3rd Shetief Mohamed this barman works down in the main restaurant and know what you drink at each meal. A quite big man and well mannered. The 4th is my wife's favourite Mustafa this gentle mannered man can be fund at both the pool and the main lobby bars. He. He will make and find time to speak to you on a one to one if you just wanted someone to talk to. I did say that the start the top management. Well a young lady introduced her self to my wife and had a wee chat with her for about 15 to 20 mind. It was not till about an hour later that we where told who she was. Now after wards I was surprised to be told by the wife that they just chatted as 2 people do and not about her stay. The young lady turned out to be the wife of the owner. Last but not less the young gentleman that always brighting our day was Amit the room cleaner all ways happy by the ways he folded towels and so professional at carrying out his job. As you can see from top to bottom all staff work hard to make your stay at the VERGINIA RESORT HOTEL. In Sharm El Shake as best it can be. A big well dune to all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank robert n
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest / Robert n

Thank you from verginia sharm your second home at Egypt*
For taking the time to post your comment
*We are pleased to read your good and warm comments about our service, hotel area, rooms, swimming pool, food, beverage, animation team
*I will surely pass on your comments to our teams and in particular to those employees who you have mentioned by name, hi from all of them.

*Your recommendations are very valuable to us as the constantly improvement of our standard & service is an important issue
*We appreciate your constructive comments and we will do our utmost to exceed your expectation on your next visit,

*Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon

Sincere Regards

E-mail:gm@verginiasharm.com
16/08/013
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

i have just come back from a 12 day break at verginia sharm and had an amazing time, the staff were great the room was fab the only downfall was the food it was pretty much the same.im already looking to book again for next year

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank nikkiandharvey
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guests / Nikki and Harvey

Warm greetings from Verginia Sharm

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

also we will do our best to improve the
food (variety +quality) to make you feel next time satisfied

Looking forward to welcome you again at verginia Sharm EL Sheikh

Thank you & best wishes from Sharm el Sheikh,

E-mail : gm@verginiasharm.com
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed in the Verginia Sharm on numerous occasions over the last 3 and a half years and have always thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The rooms have always been basic but clean and tidy and spacious with a lovely large balcony.

The food is varied and well prepared - and come on guys be serious if ya gonna come to Egypt for a holiday don't expect black pudding and toad in the hole. It's cultural, cooked well with good choice.

The pool area was great and fun to stay at every day and all of the staff were lovely, especially Mohammed Ahmed, the pool bar attendant who always had us in fits of laughter as well as trying his hardest to cater for whatever we wanted.

All in all its a great value hotel to spend your time in whilst visiting Sharm El Sheik

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor the ones with large balconies
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Keith C
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Verginia Guest
Thank you from verginia sharm your second home at Egypt

Thank you very much for your visit and your positive and detailed review.

We would hope to welcome you back soon back again,

please do let us know if ever we could be of any assistance.

Sincerely and with kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am so looking forward to returning to Verginia Sharm in October, it is my home in Egypt i have stayed at least 3 /4 times a year since 2009. My friend Tracey and I have thoroughly enjoyed our visits over the years. The rooms have always been clean if there has ever been a problem the hotel have moved us to another room without any issues. I have always had a balcony room which I love. The staff are extremely helpful, polite and willing to do what ever you need. The pool bar is always happy and buzzing the barman Mohamed Amhed has it running so smoothly and cant do enough for you, He runs the upstairs bar in the evening and this to is an enjoyable night with the bar running smoothly. Samara and his animation team work really hard to entertain and keep the guest happy. The evening shows are wonderful. Reading some good reviews recently hope all is well see you in October 2013.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cfreeman28
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you from verginia sharm your second home at Egypt

for taking the time to post your comment.

We are pleased to read your good and warm comments about service, hotel area, rooms ,swimming pool,

We appreciate your constructive comments

Once again thank you

and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.(october 013)

see who much you welcome to verginia, v.i.p treatment

please send detail your reservation when is available in your hand
by e-mail