I didn't really enjoy my stay here. The staff did as much as they could for you (and were friendly) but were terrified of the owner - if they didn't follow the rules there was hell to pay. If it's gone 11pm, you've come back from a long excursion and aren't feeling well, don't expect to be able to get hot water. First you have to go to the reception to request, they then send you to bar across the foyer, the barman then calls the reception to confirm they can serve it, you are then sent back across the foyer to reception to pay and walk back again to collect hot water (these are the rules). I was also shouted at by the mani/pedi guy for insulting his honour, as I declined to rebook my appointment (having been asked twice already) as they were too busy to keep the original appointment. The massage guy is lovely - really approachable and knowledgeable. Food was awful - not middle eastern, definitely catered for Russians (who are very pushy/shovey/messy) - genuinely don't go all inclusive! Room was clean enough though the bathrooms a bit tired. Don't go to the sandy beach unless you want to be packed like sardines, with music blaring constantly. The pebble beach is lovely and try to go first thing in the morning as that's when it's the warmest. Overall my holiday was good as we didn't end up spending much time at the resort. If you just need a place to crash, with breakfast, not looking for luxury or great service, then this is the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verginia Sharm Resort (ex Sol Verginia), which opened in July 2005, is located in Sharm el Sheikh on the southern tip of Sinai peninsula. Just 5 minutes from the beach by shuttle bus, close to the Ras-Om El Sid hill and 4 km distance from the historical city center. The hotel has 120 rooms (connecting rooms are available on request). The Verginia Sharm Resort offers friendly service with good facilities and entertainment. 160 rooms consisting of balcony or terrace, telephone, Satellite TV, hairdryer, minibar, free safety deposit box, air conditioning, heating linen and towels changed daily, room service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Verginia Sharm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verginia Sharm Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol Verginia Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol Verginia Hotel