“Don't go all inclusive!”

Verginia Sharm Resort
Ranked #146 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I didn't really enjoy my stay here. The staff did as much as they could for you (and were friendly) but were terrified of the owner - if they didn't follow the rules there was hell to pay. If it's gone 11pm, you've come back from a long excursion and aren't feeling well, don't expect to be able to get hot water. First you have to go to the reception to request, they then send you to bar across the foyer, the barman then calls the reception to confirm they can serve it, you are then sent back across the foyer to reception to pay and walk back again to collect hot water (these are the rules). I was also shouted at by the mani/pedi guy for insulting his honour, as I declined to rebook my appointment (having been asked twice already) as they were too busy to keep the original appointment. The massage guy is lovely - really approachable and knowledgeable. Food was awful - not middle eastern, definitely catered for Russians (who are very pushy/shovey/messy) - genuinely don't go all inclusive! Room was clean enough though the bathrooms a bit tired. Don't go to the sandy beach unless you want to be packed like sardines, with music blaring constantly. The pebble beach is lovely and try to go first thing in the morning as that's when it's the warmest. Overall my holiday was good as we didn't end up spending much time at the resort. If you just need a place to crash, with breakfast, not looking for luxury or great service, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Soni186338
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear verginia sharm resorts Guest,

Thank you for your valuable time sharing your experience in verginia sharm

such reviews are reward to the team for all the effort done to make your stay with us delightful.

We promise you that we will always enhance our services to meet you future expectation.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience, and please rest assured that we will do our utmost to rectify any negative comments appeared during your stay.

Sincerely and with kind regards,

Adel Salman
gm@verginiasharm.com

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice and clean the staff are very friendly I found the holiday relaxing the food is not caterted for the rushions like everyone is saying its middle eastern food ( Arabic / Turkish / Greek ) lots to choose from and as for the half glass drinks they are right to do this to stop the greedy people! And if you don't like the foreign food why go abroad ? Lots of English food ie chips omelettes pancakes rice and salad !
The swimming pools are cold but what do you expect there outside ? And they are not freezing once you get in its nice and refreshing from the heat of the sun lol my kids played in both pools and never complained the whole hotel is clean and pretty. staff are very helpful and try to please everyone! You do get the rude people pushing in but just grit you're teeth and breath ! Lovely swim up bar so can relax With a a beer and swim Entertainment is very adult baced nothing really for kids that was the downfall also no icecream as a snack for them but overall me and my boys had a great time!! Would I go back ? Yes if there was entertainment for kids and icecream provided on the all inclusive !!

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank Turkishmum
Adel S, General Manager at Verginia Sharm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your reply we are happy to hear that you have had a nice time here with us and we are always grateful to receive your comments and this helps us to carry on providing the perfect service for our guests, and also helps our future guests to choose a perfect relaxing holiday here with us in a fantastic hotel.
best regards

Adel Salman

Verginia Sharm Resorts

Reviewed April 30, 2013

the hotel was ok ,the staff couldnt do enough for u . they need to improve the food ,its mainly catering for the russians. the entertainment is at best poor ,and not enough and always the same every day , again catering for the russian guests . would i go again , unfortunatley no . the area around the hotel looks like beirut on a gd day . all half finished buildings and small shops . 1 good thing is the english bar opposite , free wifi and english food . theres no wifi in hotel ,u do ave to pay .i found that if u treat the staff with manners they will serve u b4 the russians , as the russians are very rude and ignorant towards them .its not a child friendly hotel ,apart from the pool there is not much else for children to do . if you dont ave kids then its a nice relaxing hotel .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank michael p
Reviewed April 23, 2013

i stayed at this hotel with my girlfreind back in december and just thought i would come on here to give an overall review on the place.

ok.... my first note is a postive one... overlooking the pool area is a shisha bar with a young gentleman that offers this service, he is very kind and great to talk to he actually asks you how your day is and if your enjoying yourself (does not once ask if you want to smoke shisha) just due to his kind approach and attituted towards NOT trying to force people to spend money with him me and my girlfreind give hime 5 pounds a day even on days we didnt fancy any shish!!

now the pool area is swarming with flies and the stench of sewage and the pool is absolutly icey cold!!! just once i seen a very brave man jump in there only to come out at the other end purple!!!

(not for children)

pool bar: the gentleman is scruffy looking and looks as though he is close to commiting suicide apparently after asking him why he was so miserable his answer was... wouldntyou be miserable working 115 hours a week for 135.00 a week!!!! good point!!

resturant: if your an arrogant russian then this will suit you fine as it was a russian menu for my full 10 day stay bfast dinner and tea!! there is however pasta and bolognaise, this was all we eat for a week and the man serving it is an arrogant horrible man who gives you very little portions that a 2 year old child could wash down in a matter of seconds!!!

the rooms were ok with large balconies and the cleaners were the best people in that hotel, they cleaned our room everyday fresh towels and were so freindly!!

we were that happy with the cleaner we decided toi treat him to a £250.00 tip on our departure!!

hope this helps!!

Room Tip: do not pick a room near the front shisha bar as they play music till around 5AM!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris t
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was stayed 10/04-17/04/13. I arrived by myself, but i really enjoyed my staying...i met a lot of nice people from Russia and from my country - we spend a lot of time time together and we had fun. A staff were friendly and very helpful. I liked a food, especially at weekend - it was amazing :) A taxi at Sharm is very cheap - you need just 2-3$ to get to down town. Naama Bay - is very good place for that, who like dancing and restaurants. At hotel almost every day we had water aerobic, volleyball, stretching and every evening a good entertainment - shows and a lot of games for guests. Bus was taking a guests to the 2 beaches - sandy and coral. Coral beach is very nice - you could see a lots fishes and corals - i couldn't forget my feelings when i saw different kind of colored fishes under the water. I would like to say, that if you want to have amazing vocation - you should stay at VERGINIA!!! I would like to say THANK YOU for all staff!!! My best regards for Rima and Raimona from Lithuania and Marina with Polina from Russia - girls i will never forget you! And the best wishes for Sameh ;)

Eva from Vilnius (Lithuania)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Evija V
Reviewed April 8, 2013

21st to 28th March 2013.

This was my 2nd time here in a year and this time I went alone. As I had previously stayed here with 2 friends I knew what to expect. I made a mistake and chose a different hotel inbetween these 2 stays and had a terrible holiday (Luna Sharm....don't go!!)

The hotel has a new manager and improvements are being made. I have never seen so much cleaning being carried out in a hotel ever. One man cleaned the same windows twice in one day. The manager has them working very hard.

The rooms are basic, comfortable and cleaned daily (leave the cleaner a little tip and you'll have some nice fun towel decorations on your bed). There is a fridge in all rooms, free air con, a safe and plenty of storage space. I had a 2nd floor balcony room (3038) which faced the pool, the room was big enough to sleep 3 (same size as the previous year when I went with friends) and has a large balcony with a table and chairs. The bathroom also has a hairdryer which a lot of the lower star/priced hotels in Sharm don't have....very useful. The bathroom was tired, but clean enough.

The pool area is lovely, plenty of sun beds, and the pool man (Ahmed) will do anything for you and move beds in and out of sun/shade as you wish. The pool is clean, but very cold!! (Takes your breath away when you get in but it's fine when you get used to it.....later in the year it probably does warm up from the sun). There did seem to be a big problem with flies later on in the day as the sun was going down. They can be annoying. There was no morning/afternoon enetertainment this time (last year they had morning excercises and afternoon games of water polo/volley ball/and darts- not in the pool haha).

There seem to be a few new things added since my last stay here, a fish pedicure area, and a childrens play area. There is also a shisha bar above the waterfall area where they show football games on the big screen TV which is good if you son't want to venture out.

There is also the ampitheatre which has shows for an hour most evenings.

There is a spa and gym (gym really needs all the equipment replacing). The spa is fine, has hair salon, massage room, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi etc and the prices are reasonable.....the staff can be a bit pushy but once you have said no they usually leave you alone.

The restaurant is big and the food is fine. They have vegetables in tomato sauce, fish, meat (the stewed beef was lovely), and different shaped potatoes daily. There is a pasta chef for lunch and dinner, and an omellete/pancake/eggs chef in the mornings. They do have to cater for Russians and English so do understand that the food isn't to everyones taste. You shouldn't go hungry though. There is lots of bread and salads. (Morning lunch and dinner). You can have wine at dinner time from the bar located in the restaurant. The staff in there are lovely and always make the effort to say hello and clear away things very quickly. Friday night seemed to be BBQ night outside where they spent all day setting up the food service area by the pool. The meat was lovely. Breakfast is a strange mix of things but you should find good pastries, choices of cereals, eggs toast etc.

There is an onsite photographer and he takes photos all around the hotel and you can buy some at the end of your holiday.

The shuttle buses take you to 2 local beaches, one of which is a Coral Beach and is lovely for snorkelling (we liked it better than the drive to Sharks Bay last year).

The alcohol is the bar is served in small glasses and it's very hard to get drunk on it. There are lots of local bars you can try though. The outside swim up bar is lovely.

There is Wi-Fi which is charged at £20 (gbp) for a week. This is apparently being upgraded and currently only useable in certain spots in reception (best spot i found was sitting at the bar). I did think they should have given a discount on the Wi-Fi while the service is so limited. (Last year we could use it everywhere, even by the pool).

There is a problem with mozzies in Sharm, but i chose this hotel again as i knew i didn't have so much trouble there as I did at Luna the previous holiday in October. (I had over 200 there but this time at Verginia I had maxium 15). Still take some good repellant though as some people did get bitten more than others. (I usually suffer badly!)

Do not drink the water in the taps, and do not use it even for teeth cleaning. Even the locals use bottled water for everything!!

Noone here seemed to have tummy troubles as they did in other hotels (some very sick people on the flight home!)

This hotel is very Russian now I noticed, I only met 6 other English people this time, but luckily I met the friendly ones. It does seem to be aimed more at the Russians since the new manager took over, but the staff speak both languages very well.

There is a taxi service from the reception, you can also get free plug in mozzie repellant plugs for the room, delivery service from KFC/Mac Ds/Pizza Hut. Excursion bookings (cheaper place over the road though). There are 2 shops and a pharmacy in the hotel grounds.

If you want a cheap comfortable holiday without breaking the bank then this is a fine choice of hotel, and with the improvements they seem to be making it should only get better.

Room Tip: A pool facing room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank croydonlocation
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed 12/03 - 21/03/13. I went with my friend and all we wanted to do was to chill out in the sun and get away. Well I couldnt have asked for anything better! We're 2 young ladies (22 years old). We didnt take much money but didnt need it as we went All Inclusive.

The staff:
From the moment we stepped through the door we was greeted professionally, checked in then was shown to our room while someone carried our bags to it. We tipped everyone who helped us (this really makes a difference to their wage, just a couple of quid here and there). They always asked us how we was, if we want anything, to enjoy the rest of our day. Yes sometimes they were stressed like we all get at work sometimes but it was never directed at you, maybe just not as smiley or something!

The food:
Food was AMAZING..... fresh omelettes/ fried eggs if you want (not tasteless and horrible like someone else mentioned, its an OMELETTE?!) toast, cereal (milk isnt that bad) sometimes sausages..... lunch time, they did something new like fajitas/spaghetti/burgers/hot dogs/ chicken every day so there is always plenty of choice, then you get the common potatoes or chips sometimes and rice and fish and veg etc which is every day but you can't argue seeing as you do get different meat/ fresh choices so I dont really understand how people complain when its a buffet) Its like going to a chinese and choosing what you eat, theres only so many times they do something different if it is a big restaurant. In the evening they sometimes put the tables outside so its next to the pool which looked beautiful, we loved it and they would do BBQ's a few times a week and again always had something fresh like pasta bolognese or Chicken etc.....!

The Room:
Beautiful view of the pool. Very spacious, cleaned everyday. I'm not the person to waste time looking for a gritty old tile in the bathroom so everything was fine. Spacious wardrobe and free safe which was very handy! Balcony was huge and no bugs in our room. Also free Air Con. Could not complain. If you want to watch TV theres an english film channel on there called 2.

Entertainment:
AMAZING! Saturday night they have belly dancers/ snakes/ egyptian dancers and it was great! The entertainment team are great and will include you in the shows but if you dont want to join in and just watch this was fine. The stage area is also amazing. They have a show on for you every night around 21:00/21:30. They do aqua aerobics which looks fun, volleyball, belly dancing lessons, darts and more during the day and at night they fire dance/ walk on glass/ do a quiz night, comedy night, Adam and Eve night where its boys against girls (girls won ofcourse).... They speak English and Russian which is handy as there are a lot of Russians (they dont bother you like other reviews, they were actually really nice. If your judgement on someone elses culture is bad before you even step foot in the hotel you will probably not like them but honestly the only issue was they didnt have much sense of direction and are a little impolite in the que if there was one but the staff serve you first even if theyre in front and you just get used to it and dont let it bother your holiday! A couple and us got on quite well even though we couldnt talk to them!).
The hotel is lovely but the entertainment just topped it off for us, we watched the show every night and was never repetative or annoying or boring, they are really entertaining and the music is also good!

There are a FEW stairs to get to places but not a problem at all. Taking 5 minutes out of your time a day does not affect it.

Didnt go to the beach but spoke to a few people who did and they said it was really nice. The entertainment team plan nights out for you sometimes which sound really really good, we'll be going next time. there are 2 small shops in the hotel and is quite cheap, sells fridge magnets, hand made picture, ash trays, shisha, a lot of souvineers for really cheap. Also sells ice cream and some drinks, chocolate, crisps and packs of 200 fags or just single.

There is an English pub across the road that is cheap (can get a burger for £2.50!) and is really nice. Macdonalds also delivers to the hotel if you fancy it, you just ask at reception! Internet is £2.00 for 30 minutes. We didnt get any siganl on our Iphones in Egypt for some reason. They have a shisha area which also plays any football match and Grand Prix etc!

Makhmood the waiter and bar guy in the pool bar and restaurant is great, he's so funny and kind and lovely. Sherif is so polite and the Spa guys (we had a massage and it was AMAZING!) Had a bad experience before in a different hotel with a massage so was dubious but you can have a woman if you want and it was so nice. £10 each. The entertainment team always were smiling and really helpful. The pool guy was also very very helpful!

All in all I've been to quite a lot of hotels, I'm a fussy eater and I loved my time here, we had 9 nights there which is usually enough for us when we go away but we wished we stayed for longer as it was amazing. Were returning around October time.

Im very, very surprised at some of the other reviews for this hotel, I think its for a different hotel as the Verginia Sharm is one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Request a pool view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple