“Would I recommend YES”

Verginia Sharm Resort
Ranked #160 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Would I recommend YES”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in other hotels in this area and I must say this is the best so far. There were some who would differ but you get what you pay for and this hotel is great value for the money you pay. There was always something I could eat at meal times and it was good. Please if you want just English food I suggest you stay home or just do b&b then eat at McDonalds etc. the staff in restaurant work extremely hard with long hours as do all the staff at hotel but all are so helpful a special thank you to sherif who told us he had only been at hotel for few days he was very kind and always greeted us with a smile and asking about our day. The bar was meeting point of an evening and again the staff and service were faultless. We had people complaining about the small glasses used but this is the same in all hotels I have stayed at in Sharm so it was no surprise to me. Rooms were cleaned every day and of a nice size. Maybe some a bit tired looking but then all I want room for is somewhere to shower and sleep and my room served its purpose. I never used hotel beach so cannot say if it good as I always use terrazina 1 a lovely quiet sandy beach well worth the entrance fee. If you are a pool person hotel pools are very clean with plenty of sunbeds to choose from. This is 1 hotel that I will come back to thank you for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Emmylou65

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Ogre, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel deign was very beautiful. Every day the cleaner made nice compositions from towels on my bed. Hotel good spirit is the bar guy (Hassan) made the holidays more enjoyable, was very friendly and was great person! Service was very friendly in general and I have the best memories from my holidays!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank AneteR
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went on a girly holiday with 4 girls! We had a great time during the whole duration we were there! Our rooms were lovely and big, clean bathroom and toilet. We were looked after so well by the staff. Animation team were great and friendly, cleaners done a good job and rest of hotel staff were helpful and kind. Food was tasty kept you going throughout the day, only thing that bothered us were the drinks, glasses were small and had to keep going up for re-fills. Swimming pool was lovely and big, great entertainment and music throughout the day and night! Samara Animation Team done a great job! I was quite shocked to see the amount of russians though, however they caused no problems. I would most definitely go back and advise for others to go! You will not be disappointed! I will be back Verginia Sharm! :-)

Room Tip: Try and avoid rooms on the bottom floor as there is no big balcony to relax on and privacy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bhavini T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited here the end of feb and was dubious.. Our room was great over looking pool staff was friendly other guests were Russians ( they was rude ignorant greedy and very arrogant ) couldn't fault the hotel only that no curtesy room for u to shower however there are showers around the pool tho wasn't very good. Food was edible but local enough to go out for a odd meal somewhere. Location was good. Will deffo return here again

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Clittyclaire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Worse hotel I've ever stayed in. No way is this a 4 star I'd be generous to give it 2.
The hotel is very picturesque and looks beautiful. Lovely looking pool with a waterfall. Grand tiles lobby and reception area but that is where it ends.

It was my families first time to Egypt so on booking we wanted to make sure there were things to do at the hotel incase we didn't venture out. The travel adviser had told us of a heated pool, luxury suites, gourmet resteraunt, children's play area and kids club. I must have been at the wrong hotel because there was none of them

The following issues is what we contended with

1. on arriving at 9pm we was told the resteraunt was closed and no food could be provided
2. Four single beds for a newly married couple and two children...to of the beds were pop up camp beds.
3. Dirty bathroom and toilet had been used without flushing
4. Breakfast served was hot dog, mashed potatoe, fish and raw omelette
5. Weeks old cereal in the children's area with piping hot milk
6. We were complained about for the amount of toast we got...8 pieces between 4 of us
7. On purchasing a thermometer we learnt the pool was 3 degrees so no swimming for the kids
8. No ice creams for kids
9. Could not get drinks between the hours of 8am and 11pm as stated....the times changed everyday and the bar man went walkies.
10. Full of Russians

After confronting the manager regarding this it became apparent that the language barrier was too much....it wasn't the day before tho may I add.

After 4 days of the holiday we changed hotels and had a great time.
Advertised as a family hotel but I would not recommend this to any family.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jemma O

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My friend and I are two "grannies", we left our husbands at home so that we could have a "very cheap" relaxing break in the sun, we arrived at Sharm airport not knowing anything about our hotel, just that it was 4* and we were all inclusive. From the moment we stepped through the front entrance to the moment we left, we received nothing but courtesy, charm and friendliness.
The hotel was beautiful, our bedroom and shower room were well equipped, very clean and not only clean linen and towels every day, but also fresh flowers from the gardens. The food was exellent, a varied menu, even fillet steak one night, and very plentiful,
The pool,bars, shuttle bus to the beach,in fact, every thing was exellent.
The one thing that really made our holiday was that everyone of the staff, from the lowest to the highest, made us welcome, always with a smile,a greeting or a friendly chat.
I can honestly say that this is the nicest, most friendly hotel I have ever visited and I do hope to revisit.

P.S. I have just read a few other reviews, all I can say about the Russians is that they were there to enjoy themselves just like us and if I had bigger glasses of the free booze every time I drank, I would have been on the floor. - I also believe some of the reviews were about a different hotel!!! - Patricia Bell

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
14 Thank patriciabell300
Willaston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have just had a winters break in sharm, first visit to this country. Found hotel very nice, the best thing at this hotel were the staff all most helpful during our stay. not good value taking full board or all inclusive option. very clean and being well maintained but pool not heated. Room with balcony good. Entertainments manager kijo and samara first class persons and new hotel manager very good will improve hotel further. will return in future .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple