What a great hotel. From the moment we arrived until we left we were treated like royalty. The staff could not be any more helpful and really friendly. The food was brilliant even for the fussiest of people with so much choice, including a nightly barbeque. Theme nights changed every evening in the main restaurant, the Italian and Oriental restaurants were included on the all inclusive as well as many times as you wanted (depending on who you book with) with at least a 24 hour advance booking. The entertainment by the main pool
was the only downside but this is general in Sharm. Naama Bay made a nice change with plenty of shops, bars and eateries, well worth a visit if you want designer bags at cheap prices. I bought a Burberry for £12.00 but you must barter to get a good price but it's worth it. The hotel was spotlessly clean and rooms are cleaned daily with fresh towels but bath towels are rather small. Don't take beach towels as they are provided with your welcome pack, we used to get a clean one when we had finished with them in the evening and use them in our room. You get 6 bottled drinks on arrival in your minibar (7 up, marinda which is like fanta orange and pepsi) also 2 bottles of water. The water is replaced daily which is great as you can't drink tap water not even for cleaning teeth. We had a Junior Suite which was excellent, twin bedroom and a double sofa bed in the lounge a small balcony off the bedroom and a larger one off the lounge which overlooked the beautiful gardens. Air conditioning was a must and was so nice to get in the cool after the blazing sun.
The beach was nice as well but don't expect soft sand, it's like a gritty sand but still not bad. Beach bar was good you could help yourself to water and juices and a separate bar for food which had burgers, hotdogs, chips and popcorn. There was watersports available and a massage tent. Snorkelling was great off the two pontoons with some really colourful fish, some of which are camera shy!!! There are shops in the hotel and a few opposite as well for souvenirs and snacks etc at reasonable prices. I will be returning in September and cannot wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel