My Boyfriend and i, have just returned from this hotel on 17th May.2007. The hotel surroundings is beautiful. The hotel itself consists of more than 900 rooms. The only fault that i thought spoiled the hotel room was the BATH / SHOWER I think TATTY is the word i'm looking for, it's a shame because the rest of the room is perfect.. Even though the cleaners did a great tidying up job, i dont think they ever cleaned out the bath, so it's worth taking some bath cleaner with you. We did suffer from not having hot showers for 2 days but once we complained about, it was repaired right away Even though it says the room has a hairdryer, dont be like me and not take one, It would have taken me 3 hours to dry my hair using their one and most of the time there i just left my hair wet because of this. The Beach area was great and the my boyfriend loved the snorkling. I noticed there was kids also snorkling. There was fun at the beach like belly dancing lessons for all men and women and a couple of games in the afternoon. (By the way anyone who has been or going, can you find out the song they were playing for the belly dancing, it sounds like SHAGGY sang it and it has "SEXY SEXY" through the lyrics. I would love to know) There was really comfy area also out side the hotel where you can have a shot of the fruit pipes.The entertainment at nights in hotel was the same singers, singing the same song night after night. We were advised to do shopping late at night in the town areas as through the day there werent much tourists shopping and you would just get pestered to buy from the locals. We went to OLD SHARM which i thought was nice at night time. They had BELLY DANCERS and dancing shows on while you shopped. I Think this hotel was ONE of the best hotels in Sharm El Sheikh, Going by what we heard from others about their hotels they were staying at.
Lastly, We had to check out the hotel room by 12.00 noon even though our coach wasn't arriving til 3pm to take us to the aiport,
Remember to personally hand in Towel cards to the reception when leaving as we left ours in Hotel room and was charged £7.50 each just before going on to the coach, they said the cards were not in the hotel room and we wouldnt be able to go on the coach without paying for them, even though we knew we had left them there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel