travelled 23rd feb - 2nd march
ok first of all i am going to start my review with saying i was very close to cancelling this holiday after all the warnings but i am so glad i didnt the only thing you have to be wary about in sharm are the aragant rude russians i felt very safe and the egyptian people cant do enough for you..
ok the rooms are defiantly in need of upgrading for example damaged tiles,stained bath,ripped settee i will add that we were in the cheapest option but as it is classed as a 5 star we expected better
breakfasts was fantastic fresh omellets,fruit,cereals,croissants, yoguarts, pancakes
dinner.. we ate mainly at beach snack bar which was chips burgers hot dogs pizza kebabs in main restrant it was mainly things like meat in sauces rice salads chips
we ate at the latin resturant u were only aloud 1 visit per stay but there were 2 other restrants called fatimas and barracuda which u can use once but as we dont like oriental or fish we could use the latin 3 times instead and the food was absolutly fantastic and we even went for a forth time for just £5 each would definayly recommend eating there.
pools were spotless as were public toilets everywhere was very clean
we spent most our time at pool 4 with ahmed and the 2 other bar lads they really made our holiday they couldnt do enough for us always smiling and work so hard all day and night to make sure we had a great time
the animation team were all for the russians,
we were right next to soho square which i think was over rated,20 mins and u have seen it all
if i go back to egypt i think i will go to nabq bay as it had more to do
overall.... great bar staff (pool 4} clean comuneral areas, rooms definatly need upgrading,good choice of food,quiet location in my opinion would suit older couples,nice beach but small,
thankyou ahmed and the 2 other bar stall pool 4......we love you donna and mark xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel