“Excellent Animation Team & Hotel Staff”
Review of Island View Resort

Island View Resort
Ranked #56 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I want to start by saying a massive thank you to Anya, Mido, Jen, Julia and the rest of the animation team at the Island View for making my stay such a great one.
I stayed here for 1 week 22nd - 29th September 2013 in room 274 junior suite.
Being a single traveller they all made me feel very welcome and always asked if I wanted to join in the activities especially "Bocce" which I played most days with Russian & Ukraine holiday makers.
The British people tended to stay around the swimming pools so there were only a couple of Brits at the beach which was nice as I got to know people from elsewhere.
Everyone at the hotel from managers to staff are all very friendly and can't do enough for you.
2 other people who really went the extra mile were Mustaffa (life guard at the beach) and Ibrahim (beach bar). Thank you both.
As mentioned in other reviews the food in the main restaurant in my opinion left a lot to be desired and wasn't very nice.
The food in the Italian restaurant however was fantastic and run by a very good manager. I never ate at Fatamers Egyptian restaurant on the beach but I was told the food was excellent.
All in all the "all inclusive price" was very good value for money and I would definitely return as it has a great location in "Soho Square" and close to the airport.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank chinny44
Shellie W, Guest Relations Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny Greetings from Sharm El Sheikh!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Island View Resort. Your comments are extremely important to us and are a valuable tool for us to evaluate and improve our services in order to reach and exceed our guests expectations.

We are happy to hear that you had such a great holiday and our staff helped to make it a memorable one. I will pass on your appreciation to those you mentioned personally.

Its good to hear that you experienced and enjoyed our cuisine in the Italian restaurant but its a great shame you did not find the time to visit our Oriental restaurant or Seafood restaurant. Our A La Carte restaurants are a nice place to sit and relax with a personal table service and away from the hustle & bustle of the self service buffet in the main restaurant. We hope when you come back again you will find the time to try all our different eating experiences.

We would love to welcome you back again in the near future so if you do decide to return please do contact me on shellie.wilson@islandview-egypt.com.

Quality & Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,736)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Came back yesterday, had a fabulous two weeks . The hotel is lovely.The staff are very helpful and cant do enough. The animation team work very hard to entertain and are always friendly. The location is brilliant on Soho square. The first time for me in this hotel but i will be going back and would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lorraine P

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from Island View Resort!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and we are very happy to hear that we helped to make this a most enjoyable experience for the first time in our hotel.

I will pass on your appreciation to the staff and the animation team for their efforts in ensuring you received an excellent service and therefore had a great holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon so please do let us know when you will return so we can help with any requests you may have by sending me an email to shellie.wilson@islandview-egypt.com.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well once again we returned home on the 26th September from this most amazing hotel after a most fantastic, relaxing week. The hotel was very quiet with mainly English there, The staff where as usual very helpful, chatty, polite and friendly and of course they all work extremely hard. Even in the hard times that have fallen on the whole of sharm hence why the hotel and surrounding hotels are quiet, which is a great shame because its safe there.
The food was very good always hot and plenty to choose from. well done to the chefs,
There are 3 pools open, Pool 1 with ally (oy oy oy) there chatting and making us laugh and doing his magic tricks, what a top bloke. Pool 2, the animation team worked hard at this pool encouraging people to join in the activities around the pool, it was all good fun, Pool 3 is closed due to renovation, Pool 4, the one where we spent most of our time, this pool has been recently renovated and what a great job they have done, the Jacuzzi opened the day we was leaving so we was one of the first to go in it and wow it was brill, the staff around the pool there are great, Omar the barman never left you with an empty glass and he always seem to know what you wanted, Farid(sam) always sorting your bed, towels and brolly out and playing tricks on people, and the towel man Hady always had a smile for you in the mornings, they work as a great team. The animation team had their work cut out trying to encourage people to the shows and entertaining us in the evening which they done very well.
The rooms all have hair dryers but no kettles, you can get them from reception but its best to take your own. The beds are so so comfy and the showers in the rooms are powerful, which as we dont spend hardly any time in our room is great for what we needed. The room guy kept the room very clean and tidy.
Fatma restaurant by the beach, the food is lovely with a lot of choice.
The Italian restaurant, again the food is lovely.
The grounds are kept very clean and tidy by the gardeners and they always very polite with a good morning, great work guys.
If you like scuba diving or snorkeling its a must here as there are so many fish and lots of them.
The guest relation staff are all lovely people, thank you Shellie, sorry i dont know the other ladies name. they always have time to talk to people.
The only snag was you have to pay for wifi in reception we spoke to Shellie about this who told us this was being looked into. other hotels offer free wifi at certain times of the day in a certain area, but to be honest it was not a prob in the slightest as you can get free wifi in soho square but its a bit hit and miss.
All in All a absolutely brill holiday, Thank you island View and all its staff.
We will deffo be going back there again in September with friends and maybe in May

1  Thank SallyD263

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from sunny Sharm El Sheikh!

Thank you very much for the taking time out to share your experiences of your stay with us. Its fantastic to hear you had such a great time.

As a regular guest at Island View resort your comments are very important as you notice the changes we are making and help us with your thoughts and opinions of how we are improving over the years.

Its great to hear that you managed to visit all our different eating experiences and found each one as enjoyable as the next. Our Chefs work hard at producing a menu to suit all tastes from around the world.

I will certainly pass on your appreciation to all the staff you have mentioned in order to thank them for their efforts.

The snorkelling here in the Red Sea certainly is amazing and its good to hear you found the time to dip under the clear waters and experience the wonderful marine life below. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful coral reef right off our jetty which is of course, free for all you lucky guests!

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon and when you decide to return please let me know so we can help with any requests you had last time by emailing me at shellie.wilson@islandview-egypt.com

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel was great, having read previous reviews i was a bit doubtful about the rooms but ours was good, ok so it may need a little tlc but on the whole it was clean, very big and had a sea view which was a bonus.

The location is a real winner the snorkelling from the jetty was amazing, we saw more fish there than we did on the boat trip, but even so, we booked with the guys on the beach and it was a good day out and worth the £25.00.

The hotel staff are wonderful and cannot do enough for you... Omar at pool 4 made sure you had a nice coffee in the morning and kept the drinks flowing all day. In the main restaurant we were rather spoilt by Ahmed in the first week and didnt realise how good he was until he went home and we then missed his attention to coffee and wine, some of the staff didnt realise they were supposed to wait on you..

The only thing letting this hotel down is the food and despite everybody complaining to the management it didnt improve, on the last day we actually got some chicken which still had the meat attached so that was a bonus, people who had previously stayed said they couldnt believe how the food had deteriorated, we didnt starve but some days it was hard to find something to enjoy.. thank god for soup...... and for Hard Rock Cafe, so if you are reading this, please take notice.

All in all, we would go back because of the staff, the location and the hotel facilities although due to the fact that the Russians and Germans couldnt fly it was also very quiet which may have helped our stay but not for the staff who struggled to get the entertainment going some nights, but they did try bless them.

Room Tip: we had room 272, very nice and easy for pool 4 and the beach
3  Thank Jill W

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Island View Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with this. Your comments are important to us as they help us to evaluate ways in which we can improve our service for future guests.

It appears that on the whole you had a good holiday athough we are sorry to learn that the food in the main restaurant was not to your expectations. The service here is self service buffet style and in the Ala Carte restaurants is table service so they are very different dining experiences. However, we do try to ensure that our guests enjoy each and every mealtime and our Executive Chef, Food & Beverage Manager and Guest Relations Team are always on hand to assist you.

I will pass on your appreciation to those staff members you have mentioned as we like to give credit where it is due in order to motivate our team.

We would love you to visit us again and if you do decide to return please contact me at shellie.wilson@islandview-egypt.com in order for us to help you fulfill any requests you may have.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Staying at the island view resort when many holiday makers were avoiding the area gave us a holiday with a relaxing atmosphere and very attentive staff. We had previously stayed in the smaller sister hotel which we loved but this time went for the larger resort. We stayed in a suite near to the pool with easy access to the many restaurants.
Ahmed our waiter remembered our drinks order every day and could not do enough for us.
A beautiful beach within walking distance, amazing snorkelling and beach bar with snacks. A fabulous animation team for the children at the resort and beach.
Animation team in particular made the children's holiday perfect especially Marion Anya and Michaela the children were well supervised and cared for. While in and around the pool the life guards were amazing Mohamed and Moustafa. We all made great friends and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Whillians27

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Island View Resort!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Your comments are an important tool as part of our Total Quality Management system in order to measure our performance and make improvements where neccessary. This helps us to ensure all our guests expectations are met.

Its nice to hear that you visited our sister hotel before and you decided to try Island View this time round, it seems we managed to meet your expectations and that you had just as good a time here.

We certainly do have a wonderful coral reef right off our jetty for your to explore and obviously this is enjoyed by all our guests free of charge!

Its great to learn that you found the animation team fun and that they managed to keep your children entertained providing them with many happy memories to treasure.

We would love to welcome you back again in the future so if you do decide to return please email me at shellie.wilson@islandview-egypt.com with any requests which we may be able to help with.

Quallity & Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the second time my partner and myself visit this hotel . I am surprised to see the previous review from someone that was there at the same time as me . I was there at the same time and surely there was a show everynight done by MIDO and his fantastic team.

The fireshow was the only show made by one of the Pool - The rest of the shows every night was at the amphitheatre were my partner - myself and my mum had a fantastic time - Comedy show - Belly Dancing show - Mr and MRS island view and so on. Snacks again were served on the afternoon on the beach and at the main pool all day . I guess some people just expect the impossible.....
However I do have to admit that the selection of food was much below compare to what i had the previous year but considering the lack of tourists at the moment in SHarm ( There is no need to fear this area - it is 100% safe - We even visited Pyramids and Egyptian Museum) I have to be happy that the resort was fully functional and there was a good mix of food everyday , In addition to this as the hotel was not at full capacity we did enjoy the italian restaurant and fatima ( With his new fish Menu ) various time , Make sure u visit Fatima and ask for the Extra charge fresh Sea food Menu where you can have 1KG of crabs or Prawns or Calamari for less then £ 20 .Fantastic.
Anyway now lets get to thank the special People that made our Holiday a great one - First one has to go to MR AKMED ( restaurant Manager) At the main restaurant for always been there for us when needed . Special thank you to his staff at main restaurant Mohammed and Akmed

At the Beach our life saviour and hard working Life Guards - Mohammed and Mustafa - I wish people would advertise a bit more on the beach ( especially in russian ) The rules and regulation about do not walk on the corals or touch the coral . In America there is fine of 1000 dollar x finger when you touch live corals.

At the Bars - Definately a special thank you to MOHAMED - I guess he was promoted to BAr manager this year and he remembered us and made my Mum happy with Special Pinacolada and Espressos from Victoria BArs .

ANimation - Well well there are a few people here to be thanked. First of all Mido - It does not happen often that the person in charge of animation also does his own show such as Fire Show and Fakiro Show and on the beach even some his belly dancing lessons. Thank you my friend for the great holiday ,
The four members of his staff my mum and us will surely remember will be ZOya - ANya ,Akmed and new comer JULIA . They have been trying to get us on activities every day and on last day we went together at LA dolce vita as one of their organised disco night . Great company - great people and great party - Plenty of drinks and myself and partner got engaged so Happy days :@0

Please have a look at the photos and judge for yourself .

One sore point for me of the all holiday was actually only Guest services - I needed their help twice and they let me down.
I would suggest them to have a rota displayed at their desk with times when they are available . It took me a while to get hold of them and On our last night after having requested many times reservation for fatima for my partner and myself ( It was her birthday and we were getting engaged) i turned up at the restaurant and no reservation was there . SO OLA you definately get a C - for me . However a special thank you to Samui and the restaurant manager of fatima which they sorted us a table anyway and even organise a cake in a very short notice .
Shelley unfortunately we did not have many chance to talk and you were not responsible for this so you are off the hook .

Finally a small thank you also for the cleaner of room 232 - Great service - and always made sure we had enough water for the day .

Hopefully i have not missed anyone out .....................

Oh sorry I did but surely my partner will speak for ever about this Pyramids diving centre - We lost a friend Moira from last year as he moved to another hotel but we found a fantastic New replacement - ALEX . Thank you for helping sorting out our boat trips and diving and special thank you to Farid - ISlam and my friend that helps every day pyramids dive centre by bringing the tanks up and down to the Jetty .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank manny P
Reviewed September 26, 2013

After reading all the reviews me & my boyfriend decided to go for it. We only stayed a week but that was enough. All the staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for you. Being close to soho was also a good thing. Entertainment was poor one fire show for the whole week we was there and food I could go on forever but rice bread veg and potatoes every night is not acceptable. I ended up spending money eating out. My stomach has shrunk now I'm home I've lost weight and can barely finish my meals. If you get hungry between your meals don't expect snacks here there is no such thing. Even staff and regular visitors who we spoke to agreed the food & entertainment was at its worst it's even been.

1  Thank Kaley C