My friend and I have just returned from 12 days at the hotel. We have been to egypt many times but found this location to be the best. Naama Bay is now very tacky and the men very bothersome and almost aggressive. It's is a 50 egypt pound taxi into naama bay from the hotel so if you want to go in the evening it's easy.
Soho square although very nice is not very Egyptian and has a limited appeal. We ate in the Chinese restaurant which was very nice with excellent service. To eat out and to drink alchohol is very expensive everywhere £15 for 2 gin and tonics!!!
In the hotel they only serve Egyptian brand alcohol but it has become quite acceptable and they have Shwepps tonic and proper coke which helps. Wine is only served at meal times.
There is a large number of eastern block other guests. They are not all Russian. We were pleasantly surprised at their improved behaviour, drinking, and the way that they dress. They even queue at the bar. There are 1 or 2exceptions but this should not put you off coming to this fab hotel.
The hotel has now started major refurbish ment and have screened off large swaths of buildings. About 100 rooms. There was not much noise from this BUT at pool 4 and on the beach the noise from the building of a new hotel next to the Hilton was terrible. You couldn't hear it in your room or in the main part of our hotel.
Pool 4 is lovely very modern and you can tell from this how the hotel will be in the future. There bar is fab and the staff professional and friendly.
We weren't very impressed with the food but there is always some you can eat and if you ask they will always try to make something for you. You may have to give advance notice. The pizza chef in fatimas at lunch time made pizzas to request even doing half with cheese and half without. He is to be recommended.
All the staff are very professional I can't fault one and they have a lovely sense of humour and are happy to help. They appreciate good manners.
There is a large number of people who eat as soon as the main restaurant opens. It is worth eating later. We did find that once those people had eaten they disappear to their rooms leaving the bar areas quiet in the evening.
Room service is prompt and food is very good if you are feeling lazy ( as we were ) and well priced. Small tips are always appreciated. 200 pounds went down well.
We had a massage at the spa which was ok but the room lacked softness and atmosphere and wasn't very relaxing due to people talking in reception and Egyptian music. This could be easily remedied.
The hotel has new owners and they are making a great effort to turn this into an amazing hotel. There is some way to go but they are definatly heading in the right direction.
Just one suggestion please could we have some bigger choice of CDs at pool 4!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel