Recently returned from our first visit to Island View resort and wish we were still there, arrived at the hotel to a welcome drink and speedy check in many thanks to Mr Ehab for that, we were very lucky to be allocated a sea view junior suite which also over looked the newly refurbished pool 4 the room was well equipped and very large the location could not have been better like all rooms at Island view it was tired and in need of refurbishment but the good news is the whole hotel is to undergo a major refurbishment programme this year, I understand this is to be done in sections so as not to disturb guests in anyway, one room was undergoing refurbishment as we were in resort this room was no more than 30 metres from our own room and we had no disturbance what so ever so I don’t think any future guests need worry about being on holiday while work continues.
We found the main restaurant to be a little busy at our first breakfast for our tastes so from then on used the Italian royal breakfast each morning and the al a carte’s in the evenings, it was our great pleasure to meet Area Executive Chef Nurettin nothing was to much trouble for this guy or any of his team each and every meal we had at the hotel was first class.
Having travelled to various resorts and hotels in Egypt for some years now I look for the same four things from all hotels irrelevant of price paid they are friendly staff (who will make or break any hotel) a clean room, nice food and value for money this hotel ticked all boxes for me and we would not hesitate to return.
Added bonus here is the hotel has Soho Square just outside the hotel gates.
I will add photos to this review but as most regular users of tripadvisor will know a review becomes live much faster without photo submission.
Finally a big thank you to Miss Uliviya Hashim it was such a pleasure to meet someone face to face that I have known by reputation for some years.
John & Yvonne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel