This was our second visit to Island View Resort (last year’s Sunrise Island View) and it was well worth it. We had an efficient check in, offered a fruit drink and then taken to our apartment, which was situated near to swimming pool 1 – not a great location if you want peace and quiet, but near to the restaurants! Although this was clean and spacious, it screamed of being old fashioned and in need of refurbishment. The lighting was poor – 2 of the lamps did not work, but were replaced the following day. There were 2 single beds with firm pillows (swopped for softer ones – again the following day). There was a sitting area leading on to a small balcony with table and 2 chairs which overlooked lawns and other apartments - beware of the mosquitoes! The bathroom was spacious and there was a powerful shower with plenty of hot water and nice towels. A free safe was provided in the wardrobe and we discovered a small fridge in a lounge cupboard half way through the week! Bottled water was provided every day. The main restaurant has a wide variety of foods – plenty of choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The waiters are absolutely amazing – particularly Ahmed Shobek, who remembered us from last year and gave us a wonderful welcome. He made sure we had a table every meal and kept us topped up with drinks. The bar staff are excellent, friendly, efficient and they always made sure we weren’t pushed out by the other holidaymakers (mostly Russians), who can be incredibly bad mannered and pushy. The only disappointment was the lack of wine at any of the outside bars – I’m sure wine was an option last year at these bars. Try the Italian Restaurant – La Trattoria. Although there is a limited menu, the food is excellent and it is great to be away from the very busy main restaurant! There are 4 fantastic swimming pools – 1 and 2 have the slides, activities, music and are situated near to the restaurant. Pool 3 is for adults only (no children under 15) – pity some parents can’t read the notices! The only disadvantage with this pool is the lack of a bar. Pool 4 has been recently refurbished and overlooks the beach and sea. The beach is somewhat crowded but has plenty of sun beds. There are pontoons from the beach to the sea to look at the coral/fish and to swim and snorkel. Apparently the hotel boasts a Children’s Club, Spa, Gym, tennis, billiards and a beauty centre. They also offer babysitting and money exchange (2 separate services)!! The Animation Team worked hard to provide entertainment – holidaymakers are encouraged to participate in some of the shows! There are several shops situated just off reception area, which offer a wide variety of goods. One of the personnel in the Guest Service centre was extremely helpful and made sure we had ‘pick up’ information before we left – a very welcome bonus.
Soho Square (a few minutes walk away) is worth a visit and has restaurants, pubs, shops, entertainment water fountains that 'dance' to music, an ice-skating rink and duty free shop (goods must be purchased within 3 days of your arrival)! The whole area is ‘hassle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel