$300
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$62
  • Breakfast included
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$98
$75
$68
Movenpick.com
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$80
Hyatt.com
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
$35
$61
$182
$135
2,842 results
All reviewsvictoria barsoho squaremain restaurantfatima restauranthollywood cafeanimation teamitalian restaurantfishgreat holidayjunior suiteguest relationstwo weeksbar staffthe thomas cook repspecial thankssoft drinkskids club
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel and its staff are fantastic! We (Myself, my husband and our Son) returned from a very relaxing one week holiday on 5th November so we were staying at the hotel when it was half term. We were told the hotel was full but the only time you realised that was at meal times, and even then we never had a problem getting a table or hot food, the restaurant was well equipped to deal with the large amount of people to feed. The Head Chef (sorry can't remember his name) was a lovely, very visible person who came to our table to ask us for our views on the catering, he runs an excellent department which is a credit to the hotel. The Italian restaurant and its staff are excellent and we ate there many times.
The four pools are lovely and there was never a problem getting sun beds. (Special thanks to the lad who gets the sun beds at Pool 1, he was there every morning with a smiling face and a ‘good morning’ and would rush over to sort me out some sun beds, nothing was too much trouble. The Beach is a good size, has a lovely bar and snack bar and lots of activities going on throughout the day, although it was very busy with Russians. We only went down there to go snorkelling, which is excellent.
I was concerned that my Son who was 17 might find it a bit boring, but no, the animation team were very enthusiastic and the Water Polo Match in the mornings certainly woke him up! Especially when it was against the Russians!! The other British People there that week were a great bunch and we had some laughs.
Soho Square is new since we last visted Sharm and is a great walk out in the evening, plenty to do and see and ‘no hassle’ shops.
Our room was fine for the three of us, it was clean, spacious and the air con was great. What more do you want!
The only slight criticism is the evening entertainment which was mainly geared to the Russian and Eastern European contingent, but to be fair there were very few British people at the Hotel. Next year this should increase with more English Travel Agents using this Hotel.
As I said earlier all the staff at this hotel are fantastic, Rachel and Tracey (the two English ladies who work there) are so helpful always finding time for us, even though they work very long hours and again nothing was too much trouble for them. (Rachel you are a Star!!– I hope you had a great Birthday!) Mohamed who runs the bars around pool 1 - what a lovely chap always very happy to help. It is quite humbling to see how pleased the staff are just to get a please and thank you and a smile. (They certainly don’t get it from the Russians!)We received fantastic service all week from everyone, without exception (and tipped accordingly at the end of the week).
Yes there are lots of Russians at the hotel, just get over it! We found most of the Russians liked to spend their day on the beach so as we spent most of our time around the pool 1 we never encountered any problems.
Can’t wait to return!

3  Thank Rose M
IslandViewRe, Quality Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Rose M,

Greeting from The Island View and many thanks for your review.

I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay wth us and of course, we look forward to your return.

I will pass on your comments to all our team especially our new Area Executive Chef (Chef Nur) for their time and dedication to ensuring all our guests have a great stay.

Thanks for the birthday message and we await your sons return in the animation team! lol

Please do not hesitate to contact us at info@islandview-egypt.com before your return.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been lucky enough to travel quite extensively growing up, and really must rank this as one of the best holidays I have ever had.

Travelling with my wife and 2 girls (5 and 11), each one of us had a fantastic, relaxing, and highly enjoyable time, which was down to the staff and other English guests. I won't go on about the Russians, because quite frankly, they're not worth it. On the plus side, it was nice to have a good Team GB/Russia Water Polo battle, which obviously we excelled at, even with a couple of amateurs from Wellingborough on our side :-)

If I'm being perfectly honest, I didn't pay that much attention to the rooms. After all, I was on holiday, and it was extremely clean and tidy. If I'd have wanted to spend my holiday in my hotel room, I would've gone to Rhyl.

I found the food to be excellent, and can only repeat what others have previously said about Fatima's and especially the Italian restaurant. Superb food. A special thank you to Ahmed (Akkers), who every morning had a coffee ready for me, and who's customer service was impeccable.

Bars are great, once you get past the Ruskies, and as a previous reviewer suggested, try learning a little Arabic. It goes a very long way, and even if you get it completely wrong, they respect the fact you are trying. In particular, keep an eye out for Ibrahaim (Roman). Really good guy, and couldn't get enough beer down me :-)

The set up of Island View is very good with regards to the swimming pools. They cater for everyone, whether you are staying with kids, or as a couple wanting a bit of a quiet time. Thank you to Mo (from your mate, Gareth Barry) for looking after us all so well, and also my daily weather forecasts!
I can also recommend the Spa. I had the Cleopatra treatment. 2 hours worth, including Steam, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Body Scrub, Facial, and a Full body massage. Superb, but don't pay the LE.500 they were asking. Just tell them you will pay LE.350-400 (about £35), and you'll be good to go!

A huge thank you also to Rachael. Nothing is ever too much for her, and I can't speak highly enough of such an amazing job that she does!

Finally, and last but by no means least, the Animation team, who for me, made the holiday for all of us. Mido (my Water Polo partner in crime), Chris (Awight mate!), Sam (who I actually thought was English when we first met!), Kristina (Sophie says "Hello", and she really misses you), Katya (who's naff at Darts), and Vlada (Samanthaaaaaaa!). Oh, and there is some bloke called Mayki too. Only kidding mate! One of the hardest working, funny, kind, people I have met, who will not stop until you are smiling. JUPI, JUPI!!! Thanks Mayki, and don't forget, Barrie Holding on Facebook. I've got those tunes to send you over!

To summarise, just book up, and find out for yourself. We are already organising our trip back in May next year. See everyone soon...!

Barrie, Becci, Leila and Sophie
30th October - 6th November

3  Thank BarrieHolding
IslandViewRe, Quality Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Barrie and family,

Many thansk fro your review on Tripadvisor.

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to do so aswell as being wonderful guests during your stay. We miss you and the girls and hope to see you again soon.

I will print this email now for all departments to see and pass a copy to Mykey to make sure he adds you on facebook.

Please let us know when your return so we can organise things this end for you.

Kindest Reagrds
Quality manager

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I went to the Island View Hotel in September 2010 for our Honeymoon - and had the most amazing time. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. A couple of quid tip at the start of the holiday (which is nothing to us but a lot to them) was happily received. The food in the main restaurant was always varied and fresh. Breakfast was amazing, freshly made omelettes on a daily basis. We enjoyed the holiday so much, we returned the follownig August with our children and friends for our first wedding anniversary. Again, great staff and a great holiday. Some of the staff even remembered us from the previouis year! Unfortunately we couldn't get away this year, but am looking forward to returning to this hotel in July next year.

When I have read some of the negative reports, I have ignored them. A slight stain in the bath, a cracked tile around the toilet, too many Russians!!! None of these would ruin my holiday. I ate well, slept very well, drank far too much and enjoyed the Egyptian sunshine and the hospitality of the staff.

Hoping some of my favourite staff are still there when I return.

Room Tip: I prefer a room nearer the main pool with the swim up bar - not far to go in the mornings.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank theboyds2010
IslandViewRe, Quality Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear theboyds2010,

Thank You very much for your review. Our ultimate aim is to create and maintain repeat guest who come to the hotel to enjoy all we have to offer in a friendly and welcoming environment.

We look forward to your next visit, please email us before arrival on info@islandview-egypt.com or contact us by visiting our facebook page.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We recently came back from a 1 week family holiday at this hotel. The hotel is set in very pretty, well maintained grounds. Our accomodation was very nice, and spacious we always had hot water, the rooms were made up and cleaned every day. There seemed to be an ongoing programme of maintenance and refurbishment and I understand that the hotel has a new manager who is making some sweeping changes.
On our second day we all became ill, I won't go into details but suffice to say it was an unpleasant 3 days missed of our holiday. During our sickness the staff were outstanding, especially Tracy (guest relations) who ensured that we were taken to the Doctors, she personally picked up our prescribed medicine from the pharmacy and brought it to our room, she also made sure that we had food brought to our room and extra water e.t.c. Rachel (quality manager) also called to ensure we had everything we needed, nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff and they are a real credit to the hotel.

Food; something for everyone, if you don't see anything you like have a word with a member of the catering team they are really keen to please.
Beach: Great beach but a bit too crowded for our tastes, the snorkelling was great but again very crowded.
Swimming Pools; all pools are now fully open, again there is something for everyone.
Russians; Yes there are more Russians than any other nationality but I don't see this as a bad thing, yes they can be rude and I didn't have a single smile returned. It works in our favour as they generally (not all) dont say please or thank you and don't have eye contact with the staff, the result of this is that the staff are more inclined towards the Europeans and if you lean a few words of Arabic you will get star treatment.
Entertainment; Lots going on for those who like to join in, no pressure if you just want to watch.

I'd like to say a personal thank you to all the staff for a superb holiday, especially Tracy, Rachel and Dr Ramez no hard feeling for the needles, hopefully next time it will be smaller.

Nicola, Stuart & Paige

Room Tip: Email Tracy at the hotel, she will be delighted to assist I'm sure
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicola W
IslandViewRe, Quality Manager at Island View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Nicola and Family,

Many thanks for leaving us a Tripadvisor review. We hope you had a safe and enjoyable journey home.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed you stay with us and you managed to get some time in the sun and out and about despite your illness. As always, I will ensure all heads of department are aware of your comments and I will pop across to the clinic to show the doctor!

We hope you will return soon for more lizard hunting and less needles.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently returned from a thoroughly enjoyable & relaxing weeks break at the Island View. A family of 4, with two 13 year olds, we stayed in a junior suite which was functional (including the air con) clean & spacious, albeit a little dated (especially the bathroom). The housekeeping staff left the room spick and span for us everyday. As other reviews mention, there appears to be a rolling renovation programme to upgrade the rooms progressing up from the beach end of the resort....note that this hasn't reached block 100 yet.

The kids & I loved the snorkelling down the beach off the hotels private reef - amazing range of colourful fish & the Red Sea temparature in Oct/Nov is lovely (24C from memory). A small amount of equipment is available to hire there but, if like us you are just happy with snorkelling, to save hassle I'd suggest simply buying a mask & snorkel from the shops in the hotel or next door in Soho Square. One other tip, if you are approached by one of the Pyramid Diving guys down there (or in the resort) if you don't want to scuba dive or go on a boat trip be firm with them.....they are friendly but will pester you at length all week if they think there's a remote hope of you buying something!

With having two teenage kids we also spent a lot of time at pool 2 where the water slides & the great five star animation team are based. The hard working Chris & Mido in particular made sure we got involved in whatever fun & games they were organising.....be warned though, somehow everything seems to end in dancing (time for a sharp exit!) & they'll insist you visit the amphitheatre in the evening for their nightly show. The twice daily water polo games were fun & always competitive, especially when they ended up as Team GB v Russia. For those looking for a quieter time I'd suggest one of the resorts other 3 pools......pool 4 near the beach is especially nice. There's an on site health spa too which I'd recommend - I had a 50 min sports massage for 25 quid.....very welcome after a week trying to keep up with my football & water polo mad son!

We found the food excellent with plenty of choice. If you prefer the variety of the buffet restaurant (different theme each evening - thanks to Ahmed for looking after us) do yourself a favour though & go a little later. It gets mobbed by the Russian community early on (who actually queue for it to open!) which is an experience best avoided. The Italian Restaurant was especially nice - I had one of the best fillet steaks I have had for many years. Fatima's Restaurant by the beach was good too & also served lunch. We didn't rate breakfast quite as much which seemed to offer more limited choice & lots of queuing (especially for the eggs chef).

As with most AI hotels, drink choice was a little limited but I never tired of the Sakara beer & my wife, a vodka fan, seemed to cope quite well. The majority of the bar staff were also very friendly, the only exceptions being when their patience was severely tested by some East European guests who had no manners or concept of queuing. Please don't let this put you off though, we didn't & had a great time - indeed we mixed with many speedo sporting Russians each day at the beach & pool (through water polo, aerobics, football & table tennis!). Note to hotel: the football pitch & tennis courts could do with a health & safety makeover & tidy up too......

All in all, great friendly staff & a really nice resort with a private beach/reef & the pleasant Soho Square on its doorstep. It's not 5 star but we certainly didn't expect that for the price we paid & can see the efforts to improve the failities that are being made......we definitely recommend it & would love to return for a weeks break in the sun.

Rob & family

Room Tip: Ask for one of the recently renovated junior suites if you can......
2  Thank Robin D

Dear Rob and family,

Many thanks for taking the time to write us a review on Triadvisor.

As always, we appreciate all feedback from our guests and I'm pleased to see you had a good time with us and made the most of our onsite activities. Our animation team works daily around swimming pool number 2 and on the beach and as you said, they love a little dance at the end of their shift!

Anybody who does not want to be disturbed by sellers around our swimming pool are encouraged to take a red 'do not disturb' flag to hang on your umbrella. This prohibits sellers from approaching you.

We have a renovation planned for the hotel and will give information on this via our Facebook page as soon as we have all the information. This will include our tennis and football courts.

Once again, thanks for your review nad we hope to see you again soon.