We have just returned from 10 nights at the island view hotel. As said many times before in reviews, yes the hotel is in need of updating, the rooms, eating areas, pool areas all are in need of attention. We were booked into a standard room but managed to get a free upgrade to a junior suite on checking in, so worth asking for! The from itself was ok, however the fridge was broken and the curtains wouldn't pull, this was rectified shortly after. We heard from other couples that they had problems with Mosquitos and ants, although we didn't experience this.
The hotel is full of Russians, trying to get breakfast and dinner while they are in the eating area is near impossible. They didn't cause us any great problems but in general we found them to be rude and inconsiderate. The staff do well biting their tongues at times, we found that the staff here couldn't do enough for us and seem to love the British. Waiters in the Italian were the best, and this restaurant was our saviour where we enjoyed nice meals. The food in the main restaurant is ok, it did seem more catered for the Russian guest that the British though. We didn't get round to trying fatimas which is located on the beach. We heard mixed reviews about this.
The location of this hotel is ideal with soho square just outside, which has shops and cafes. So would we return....probably not as we like to visit different places and I think there are probably better hotels, I think when the hotel is refurbished it could be a 5 star, as it stands at the moment I don't think it is.
And towels on sunbeds at 0700 that are left there unattended for several hours is very frustrating!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the splendid Shark Bay with its own house reef you will find in this "Ultra All - Inclusive" 5 star (country category) Resort everything you wish. The four large pool areas, the splendid arranged garden, with water falls and canals, the spaciously designed rooms and junior suites are the ideal venues for your family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Island View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Island View Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Island View Egypt
- Hotel Sunrise Island View
- Sunrise Island View Hotel