“Booked all inclusive no bars open and food was very limited and not fresh! Main swimming pool empty they said in was leaking, s”
Review of Delta Sharm Resort

Delta Sharm Resort
Ranked #195 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Booked all inclusive no bars open and food was very limited and not fresh! Main swimming pool empty they said in was leaking, sunbeds old and dirty and full of locals renting apartments.we were the only British there. Very disappointing !

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Macaroo22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
greater manchester
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have just returned from Delta Sharm and had the most brilliant time. Myself and my partner booked an apartment that was privately owned from the holiday lettings website. Sophie the owner and Sally the representative were both brilliant. The apartment was absolutely beautiful, faultless. We could tell how much care they had put into making it perfect. It seems that most of the negative reviews about thr resort are about the all inclusive food. My advice rent privately and use the restaurants, Friends at Delta was lovely and cheap with enough choice to suit both of us. The grounds are lush and well maintained and the pools all individually designed were fabulous, sun beds were always available and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I was worried after reading the reviews but found Delta Sharm to be a lovely get away and a little bit of paradise. I will definitely go back this year. Thank you to all at Delta for being so kind to us especially the staff and manager at Friends restaurant. Don't listen to the negative give it a go you will love it. Will be in touch soon Sophie.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sheikher
wolverhampton
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although the hotel was quiet as was the rest of sharm .We had 3weeks over Xmas &new year and had a great time .We were looked after very well by all the staff from the first day the food was repeated a little but it was expected being for so long but all was good food and the Xmas and new year nights where brilliant .All 12 pools were kept very clean in and around them always loads of clean towels and good sunbeds .All the staff very friendly and good for a laugh great couple of lads on the bar (wale and slam) my daughter enjoyed the sauna and beauty parlour and excursions were well sorted.Our room was massive in everyway shower bathroom bed room and living room .My 5 time to Egypt 1st time to delta but can't wait to go back this Xmas again one of the best places I've been.Note it is a big complex but shop on site and bar and restaurants all in easy walking distance .One thing I didn't enjoy much was private beach .A little bus ride away but very small and armed with beds so many all very close to each other and shared with another hotel most beds gone early with Russians not nice but that was easy to over come stay on the complex with 12 pools there is no reason to get bored really enjoyed hope you do to thanks for reading my review. Tony

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank tony s
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I never write reviews, hence why I'm writing this one so long after going to delta sharm.

Me and my boyfriend booked 2 weeks all inclusive to delta sharm march 2012. It was my first all inclusive holiday, my first holiday to Egypt. And my first holiday with my boyfriend. I was very excited about the holiday but a bit unsure after reading the reviews.

We arrived at the hotel late, we were shown to our room on a golf buggie. And then we found the restaurant after leaving our bags in our room. It was late but they still made us some food on request.

The hotel was quiet as we went out of season time. The weather was really good though! The food was a bit repetitive but there was always something to eat, even for my boyfriend who is such a fussy eater! The staff made us feel welcome, and once we got to know a couple of the bar men they started bringing drinks to us on our sun loungers.

When we went to the beach my first thought was that it was a bit crowded. However, once I went into the sea and saw all the fish I fell in love! It was so amazing and the water was so clear. The fish came right up to you!

We went into Naama bay quite a few times, the mini bus driver was such a nice man! One of the times when he picked us up he noticed a couple who he dropped off wasn't on the mini bus so he waited for them - so kind! We always tipped him.

We booked a studio room, and were really happy with it and its location! The only downside I would say is that we asked for a double bed but we got two single beds, they said they would change it but never did. This wasn't really a massive problem though. We just pushed them together!

If you tip the cleaners they make animals etc out of the towels on your bed which is nice!

I really want to return to delta sharm!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Carrie W
west sussex
Reviewed January 6, 2013

first of all id like to say that me & my fiance have stayed at delta twice & would love to go back this year but have got other things planned sadly. we cannot fault this resort & the other guests we have met staying there feel the same as us. our rooms have always been spotless & the housekeeping staff are always hard working. although there was only 1 restaurant open the 2nd time we stayed it was just as enjoyable as our 1st experience of delta, nothing was too much trouble or hassle for the staff if we requested something they happily obliged big big thanks to yasser, ahmed & islam at n4 pool for being amazing & making our stay truly memorable. the food was as you expect from this kind of resort, you have to remember that delta also caters for privately owned apartments! would highly recommend a spa treatment mido was great & gave fantastic deals. the whole complex is highly maintained & i cannot work out if the bad reviewers have stayed in the same resort as we did. i have & will continue to recommend delta sharm to anyone & am planning on going back there as soon as i can.

Room Tip: stay in any of the apartments situated at n1 pool or n4 pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mulberry1
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have recently returned from the DELTA SHARM RESORT in egypt and be aware the advertising for this resort is false, it states on the web that it has 3 restuarants when in fact it only has 1 no a-la-carte and no heated pool. The only restuarant is the friends restuarant and inside it is dirty, food has been spashed on the walls and it looks like it has been there for weeks. When I complained about this it took 5 days for them to scrape it off but still they didn't clean it. The area's round the pool have not been cleaned as well and the toilets next to the bar are disgusting,Snacks around the pool's are none existant unless you want one at the friends restuarant immediately after lunch 2-30 till 3-30. There is no evening entertainment also there is no poolside entertainment during the day this is also stated as being in place on the web & in the info leaflet given on arrival. The customer services is a joke the person in the office there is no use whatsoever he promises to deliver but never does. He had a very condescending attitude and when I told him one of the manhole covers was missing 2'x2' and was dangerous as anyone could have fallen down the manhole which was full of electric cables his reply was what has it got to do with you.This was rectified by putting a waste bin over it the day after.I then asked if xmas eve gala night was included in the price and he could'nt answer me because they were not having one this changed when we told them it was included on the webpage.
We had a lovely one bed apartment which was let down as the floors hadn't been cleaned for sometime until we complained and it seemed that if something was wrong, unless we complained nothing was done. The cleaners left the patio doors opened on two occasions which led me to believe that there could be some truth about the thefts that have happened in some of the reviews I read fortunately this did not happen to us. Around the pool you had to have plastic glasses for drinking out of which I agree is sensible but when we were in the restuarant we still had to have plastic glasses I challenged this and was told that I could have a stemmed glass in the restuarant but the barman said I could not have one as it was against the rules of the bar and customer services who said I could have a glass had nothing to do with it.The day after I witnessed members of the staff drinking out of proper glasses outside the restuarant were we weren't supposed to have them, the day after that a party of people came to the hotel sat around the pool and ordered wine and food and they got it in an ice bucket with stemmed glasses that wasn't supposed to happen around the pool but the fact that they were paying for it changed the rule .We paid for our holiday as all inclusive but it didn't entitle us to stemmed glasses in the restuarant.Other than having double standards, to mention a few other things about the resort; some of the food was awful some was good so as a result we had to eat out quite a lot. Russian people seem to get preferantial treatment over other people,but on the bright side some of the staff are very helpful ie; the barman WIAL,TITO TOURS ACHMED,TANYA & CO MIDO,spa OSAMA pool attendant N4 AHMED poolbar EHAB restaurant Thanks to these people for making our holiday as without them it would have been terrible.

Room Tip: ask for N block 1,2,3,or4
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tojaso123

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my husband went to Delta Sharm In December. THis was my first time in Sharm el Sheikh. The complex is spotless and my room 102/163 near the main pool was perfect. The pools were lovely and clean and I couldn't fault the complex in any way. On the website it states 3 restaurants, there was only one restaurant open.

Naama Bay is a 30 minute walk from hotel.

If you are going to book any excursions, make sure you do it through the hotel as the guy at the counter was friendlywe went quad biking in the desert to see the sunrise and had a brilliant time. and also did scuba diving excursion which was breath taking.

Also remeber taxi to airport is 40 egyptian pounds max and to Naama bay from hotel is 20 egyptians pound max.

Remember you get what you pay for, if you want five star quality you have to pay five star prices. This was definitely well worth every penny of the money I paid and am looking into booking up again for next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple