“Shop Owners and Hotel Staff all VERY Friendly to English Deaf Traveller.”

Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel
Ranked #75 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
“Shop Owners and Hotel Staff all VERY Friendly to English Deaf Traveller.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After hearing many many horror stories about how Egyptians con you out of your money and lock you in shops to make you buy something I of course turned up to Egypt a rather nervous traveller. Of course there are some street sellers who do this no question about it and we did come across many during one of our excursions to the Giza Pyramids. The hotel resort has many many shops in the same resort and because of the stories I had heard I had already developed a huge fear and mistrust of any Egyptions who might approach me.

However my first experience of the shops was in the bazaars accessed by the front of reception. I decided to buy a couple of scarves from one of the end bazaar shops and after talking and joking about how Egyptians barter and haggle with Ahmed, (who was working that day), I advised him I had no money on me but would come back later to purchase and collect the scarves I'd chosen. He then without hesitation folded up the scarves carefully, bagged them and advised me to come back later in the day (or even tomorrow) with the money. I left the shop in shock that this man had no idea of my name or room number and had not taken anything to hold as deposit and yet had allowed me to walk out without paying for these goods. I'd heard many stories of how Egyptians con you and are only interested in how much money they can take from you and yet this man was taking a gamble that I would indeed return with the monies owed to him.

Based on this encounter I became more confident in entering other establishments and shops striking up conversations and learning much about their culture and way of life. I became quite friendly with some of the bazaar shop workers and became almost like a part of the furniture (I think) I would meet with them to share food and drink and funny anecdotes and not one of them encouraged me to buy anything, they were just enjoying chatting and the company, they totally had time for me even just as a social visit. I met some very friendly reception staff (especially Mohammed (Elsafty-sorry I don't know how to spell it) and Peter) who both had such lovely warm smiles whenever I saw them working on the desks. The concierge were also really helpful when it came to arranging Tuf-Tufs for collecting our luggage after checking out of our rooms.

The restaurant was always very clean and tidy and certain staff members were very hands on when it came to assisting with the retrieval of food and drinks for certain tourists with mobility problems. They were all very friendly and made such an effort to communicate with me even using Egyptian sign language (which was somtimes confusing) Their sign for "work" is similar to British sign language sign for "church" and their sign for "name" looks like BSL sign for "Chocolate" so most the time I asked them to speak so I could read their lips but I was very touched by the fact they didn't ignore me and made an active attempt to communicate with me. The only down side I would venture about the restaurant would be the lack of variety with the main foods. Every day there would be a couple of changes made to certain dishes but the basics were the same. Also in the evening there would be quite loud music coming from the main square bar, it didn't bother me of course but other family members found it hard to sleep if they had an early excusion they had to be awake for..... my advice is to take some ear plugs with you, just in case.

There was 2 aqua aerobics classes a day in the main pool and the beach which was adjoined to the resort was so so beautiful. There was plenty of the all inclusive bars to be able to enjoy drinks and ice cream by the pool. It seems quite unfair that their winter is hotter than our summer whilst we endure freezing snow and ice...... I was sunburnt...... yet they wear jumpers!!!

Would I go back? Most definitely!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heather C
AquaFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel thanks you for this review about your holiday in our hotel. We are pleased that you found our services according to your expectations but, above all the professionalism, of our staff. We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.
Best regards.
Hesham Noshy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Klimovsk
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Domina Coral Bay is a wonderful hotel for active people. It is huge: white buildings, a lot of trees and flowers, the sea line is more than 1,5 miles. There are a lot of wonderful places to go to, there is a very good bar just above the sea. Wonderful views everywhere, friendly atmosphere, Italian animation. There are a lot of opportunities for sport : volley-ball,darts,aerobics,aqua aerobics, water polo,football,yoga. There are three floats in the hotel. One of them has three swimming pools. There are a lot of swimming pools on the territory. SPA center is very good too. You can have a good time watching musicals with professional Russian dancers. Dances with the animation team in the open air are heat fun.
In the day time animators teach latin-american dances twice a day on the beach. Snorckerling is great! So many colored fish! All opportunities foroling.
Children have fun in the children club and disco. Nightlife in the disco and a musical club every night. There are a lot of small shops, 2 supermarkets....
If you want calm atmosphere, there are a lot of places to go to. You can go for a walk among a lot of villas which are all in greenery and flowers.
Irina Sorokina.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Irina S
AquaFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Ms.Irina
First of all we would like to thank you for your time and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor We are so happy to know that you like our Hotel,our floating pools ,bars,activities and animation team.We will Certainly pass your feedback to our team, looking forward to welcoming you back in Domin Aquamarine Hotel
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed January 5, 2013

whwn i arrived at the village, the responsable for the domina acquamarine, Amr Atef, took out all the stress of the city from my head. He made me like at home with grace and discretion Thanks to all...see you soon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Federica T
AquaFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Federica,

Thank you for writing your comments following your recent stay at Domina Aquamarine Hotel Sharm El Sheikh.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us.
Be assured that your feedback is extremely important to us and that we will make sure to share it with our team to guarantee a pleasant stay ever.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon in Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine.
astana
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just were there with a kid 6 years old using all inclusive package on Xmax - New Year holiday period. We found more then what we expected for the price. First: the weather was perfect and sea with coral riffs view can be accessed right from the beach. The whole Domina Coral Bay area is large and you can find many different activities: many pools, bars, walking places. We really liked the "kids club" - you can leave your kid for several hours with animators - our kid really liked it! We even left our kid for the evening and most of night at New Year eve and she was happy. Room was clean and good enough for us, and we were lucky to get a room with a sea view. As a result we were watching a sunrise most of mornings right from the room. Food was good, with a good variety and quality, buffet style at specific breakfast, lunch and dinner 2-hour time periods. You can get free drinks from any bar at beaches and pools from the morning till sunset. Drinks are at a weaker side of the package: wine and beer are not so good quality. Hot tea and coffee you can get at bars or at breakfast (we really missed it at lunch and dinners given a large variety of desserts). After the sunset around 6 p.m. all free bars are closed and it gets expensive to buy even simple cup of tea.
Most of tourists are russians and italians: half/half approximately. If you are only english speaker you will be also fine. Service personal and animators are fantastic - helpful, cheerful, speak all three russian, italian and english languages. We had several minor hotel related problems - local manager Amr Atef helped us to solve all of them and tried to compensate with some additional perks.
Special word about the trips organized from inside the hotel by the tourists companies: be aware that the trips to Cairo and Jerusalem takes a long (5-8 hours) drive by bus just to get there! Don't do it if you have a small kid like we had, your kid should be at least 7-8 years old to endure it. During the Jerusalem trip be prepared to a long stay at border crossing - we were unlucky and spend 4 hours!! crossing the Israel border at night. Other groups we saw were more lucky crossing the border at 1-2 hours time.
We think we were lucky with our tourist company Nefer Tour and its helpful representative Ommar. Although some of our trips did not work out, he did try to find an alternative and he returned money for unused trip. We just wish that more detailed information about the trips were given in advance.
Final comments - we really liked it here!! Perfect escape for the family from the winter into a summer paradise.
We have heard that other hotels are better then our Aquamarine - frankly, we were completely satisfied with our choice: even more food or larger room possible somewhere else seemed to us not really important.

Room Tip: ask for a ocean view room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alex K
Dear Guest,
We highly appreciate that you have taken the time to return your excellent comments and detailed experience, and we would like to thank you for choosing Domina Aquamarine Hotel .
we will be glad to welcome you again in our Hotel.
Best regards,
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I and my son were there in December. generally i'd advised this hotel as for family as for youth vacation. at the beginning we had some problems with registration due to our local travel agency but manager Amr kindly helped us to solve it as soon as possible. We have stayed in Aquamarine pool on the 2nd floor with pool and sea view. hotel's territory is full of flowers. please take into account that the hotel's territory is very huge (as we were informed by our guide it's the biggest hotel in sharm), but we have enjoyed by walk. some words about animation - i was engaged in step aerobics and yoga. regarding children - mostly animation is devoted to kids from 3-6, but on evening there are thematic parties for any ages. especially we liked Aruba show. there is no need to go somewhere for excursion in order to see fish as it is available on the seashore. we hadn't have a mask but we bought it then and it was amazing - yellow, blue, green fishes.

Room Tip: it's better to book 2nd floor rooms for nice view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Yelena I
Dear Ms. Yelena,

Thank you for your time sharing with us your experience at Domina Coral Bay Hotel Sharm El Sheikh.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were happy about our unique and personalized service.
We will certainly pass your constructive feedback to our team, looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kyiv, Ukraine
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Good value for the money. We were a group of 25 people coming from Kyiv, Ukraine to have a conference service for a couple of days and to have some rest by the sea. Although the hotel is not very modern, we do remember that the price was also quite reasonable. The food was also decent. The beach and the Red sea were just perfect - an ideal place for snorkeling and diving.

The location of the hotel is very favourable: very close to airport (within 15 min. travel by car or coach), the territory of the hotel is huge and very green.

The hotel was occupied by mostly Italians and Russians, so Italian and Russian are the major languages in the hotel. The animation was various and at the same time not intrusive.

We visited a-la carte restaurants twice: the food and service there were excellent.

The staff all the time was friendly and helpful.

I recommend to choose this hotel for budget holidays, and if your expectations are down to Earth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Denys P
AquaFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Our Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words and taking the time to place a nice review.

Thank you for your very encouraging comments, looking forward to receiving you soon at Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine.

Kind Regards
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went at beginning of September quite cheap with my friend .. arrived and was sorted out straight away room spacious, basic and clean, had a nice balcony overlooking the hotels private beach we were in room 44204 if I remember correctly,
The resort is HUGE and we did get lost quite a bit, but after a couple of days you do get your bearings
Shopping area is handy but they do all hassle you nothing out the ordinary for Egypt though, also this hotel is primarily Italian and Russian, and turns out we were the ONLY English people in the whole place, some people seethis as a problem but we didn't really care we only ate slept and showered there. They don't cater for English at all the entertainment in the evening is only in Russian and Italian, the food was OK like bearable but at the price we paid we didn't expect much!
The staff were all lovely cleaners were amazing and they'd get so excited when you tell them your English they're obv not used to it and all were saying "we love English our favourite!" and we're very polite and courteous at all times.
I wouldn't go back here purely because of there being no English people, everything else I can't really fault!
Location is ok, not within walking distance of anything but only the equivalent of about £6gbp taxi from hotel to naama bay which is where we went most nights, was brill!

Room Tip: Anything that starts 44 is closest to resaurant and pool/beach. Anywhere else you'll be walkin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank VickiJenny
AquaFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Aquamarine Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
"Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we will surely share it with our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back.