“Thank u Mexicana. Vicki, Nik & Jessica x”

Ranked #129 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Thank u Mexicana. Vicki, Nik & Jessica x”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mexicana 22.11.13-06.12.13 All Inclusive.

The Hotel : Fantastic atmosphere and very clean, the rooms are clean and spacious and cleaned every day. 2 pools...one large pool and one smaller heated pool both cleaned each night ready for the next day. The pool man was very good in laying our towls out for us each day in our favorate spot. (A tip work wonders)

The Food: All inclusive buffet style service was lovely.
Breakfast was a huge choice of everything from freshly made eggs/omlettes to tasty fresh breads and pastrys. Coffee & tea and juice on tap.

Lunch again a huge selection of food including pizza, burgers, chips, salads, fresh bread & drinks.

Dinner was fantastic with a bbq every night with something different each night from chicken to fish to steak & kebabs. The soup was amazing each night! Big thank you to the chefs who took time to make sure you enjoyed your meals.

The staff: The highlight of the hotel!! Mohammed at The Amigos bar was so friendly and very quick to top up our drinks as they got low. He was always ready with a big smile and a joke! He also carried our drinks for us to where we sat during the day by the pool. A lovely man who works very hard for a terrible wage. We love you Mohammed you were great.
"Talktalk" the waiter made every meal a pleasure to attend!! With his funny ways and great sense of humor he made us feel like part of the mexicana family! He didnt even mind when we threw him in the pool on the last night of our stay!! A great asset to the hotel!!
All the staff were attentive and friendly and treated us very well. Thank you guys.
Bill at the spa & his amazing team were fantastic....a huge must is to try the pamper sessions with them, we have never felt so relaxed in all our lives.
The reception staff were fantastic at informing us of where the best places to go where and helping me with getting online with the hotel wifi!

Trips: The boat trip was FANTASTIC and a chance to see the beautiful Rea Sea and the coral reefs. My partner & daughter did the scuba diving and loved every second of it, the instructor was fantastic with my daughter who was a bit nervous at first but soon proved to be a natural!! The photographer on board was brilliant and for a great price we got a disc with over 50 amazing photos of our family on the boat. The food served at lunch was delicious and plenty of it to go round.

A few tips: The staff at the hotel are living away from their familys and working up to 16 hours each day for around £45 a month so tipping is a huge winner....and they truely deserve it.
Any problems see the reception guys and they will do their best to solve the problem.
There is a kfc and a mcdonalds just down the road that deliver to the hotel! The mcdonalds beats ours over here hands down!! The burgers are HUGE!! We also treated one of the staff one evening to a maccys and you could see the delight in his face and for such a small gesture made us feel very good.

Stay away from the purfume shop.....these guys bug you everytime you walk past and invite you in....beware people.....the hotel had to have words with them a few times.

Must visit the little shop out of the hotel and on the right....nice bits and bobs to take home & remember to haggle!!

I would also avoid the english bar down the road on the right....the cocktails were dodgy and never what you asked for & the guys were like flys round s**t with my pretty 13 year old daughter....despite her dad telling them to leave her alone they persisted saying 13 was a good age for them....so we left before it became more trouble.

Overall an amazing holiday and we met some fantastic people staying at the hotel including lots of regulars :) We will be back again and again.

THANK YOU EVERYONE AT MEXICANA WE LOVE YOU ALL XX Vicki & Nik & Jessica XX

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Victoria W
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the sunny Mexicana Sharm el-Sheikh.

Thank you very much for your wonderful summary about your recent vacation at our Mexicana Hotel and we are very pleased, that we could provide you with a great holiday.

We are looking forward to your next stay with us here and to welcoming you back soon.

Kindly accept our warmest regards

Yours sincerely,Tarek Taha
Mexicana Sharm Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We just came back from staying at mexicana 11th- 19th January...We had a great time and enjoyed the weather out in Egypt. To start with the check-in process was a bit slow..we were waiting for quite a few minutes before being showed to our room...But we soon forgot about that when we were approached by the friendly staff..we felt like royalty at the hotel! We made an effort with all of the waiters and in return they treated us fantastically..They really went out of their way for us and it was nice that they all knew our names. The main staff members were Mottaz Mustafa, Ashraf, Mahmood and Mohamed Abdul Ali..Also the manager in the restaurant bar area whos name I don't know. My wife was very happy with the way they looked after us and accomodated all of our needs.
The hotel is a shuttle ride away from the beaches and on one occasion we missed the return bus..Mohamed Abdul Ali went out of his way to ask a near by hotel shuttle to take us back which was great!
The food and mexicana is nice..we had no problem finding something we liked every day for each meal.
My wife went to the hotel spa and she said the service was fantastic and she felt very pampered and relaxed so would deffinately recomment that. As for excursions..Hassan is your man! He is part of a company called scuba dreamer egypt and is based at the hotel..his prices are very good and he ensures you enjoy your excursion. We did 4 excursions through him and enjoyed them all..he was also very helpful with general advice about the area.
We are hoping to go back next year and look forward to seeing all of the staff again!

Room Tip: If you would like to buy water/snacks there is a shop on the other side of the road 2 mins walk away...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LimitedDunya
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

We are more than happy, that you had such a fantastic holiday with us here and liked our resort with all its facilities and services and I shall pass your kind words on to the staff.

We are very pleased we met your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

me and my family have just stay at the Mexicana sharm resort 4 2 weeks the best 2 week I have had in a long time me and my family stay in apartment overlooking the small pool very clean apartment the cleaner is outstanding the staff are really nice food was lovely new year there was really good the staff put on a new years eve party 4 everyone we all had a good time its was my 1st time 2 Egypt and I am booking up 2 go back 2 this hotel thank you 2 everyone at the Mexicana see you all soon x

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kelly w
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your summary about your recent holiday at Mexicana Hotel.

It’s really a great pleasure for us, that you spent a lovely holiday at our property and that we could meet your expectations and good to hear that our resort with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My first taying at the Mexicana and it will not be my last.
The resort is well laid out and most rooms overlook one of the pools.
the rooms are of a generous size and are cleaned daily.
The restaurant is well organized and I enjoyed all of the food which was well cooked and presented , but do not expect fish and chips it is egypt.
The restaurant staff are wondefull friendly, attentive , professional and very helpfull.
The bars are well equiped and the staff amazing , very attentive friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
I have to compliment the reception staff who were very helpfull to me , in the first week of my stay my bank had put a temporary stop on my card for security reasons the staff rang my bank on numerous occasions , allowed me use of their computer and even offered to advance me some cash all I can say is a big THANK YOU , you are all amazing , helpfull , professional and friendly
I stayed for 5 weeks over christmas and new year and loved every minute of my stay so much that I am returning in February for another 3 weeks to meet up with several people I met there from uk who are also returning in february

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the large pool are excellent
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us.

Scotland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Again a lovely holiday staying at the Mexicana. I have been to this hotel many times and I just love it.

Stayed in an apartment this time overlooking the small pool. Excellent apartment with a kitchen area, large bathroom, bedroom, living room plus a large balcony! Apartment was very clean and the cleaner made towel decorations every day on the bed (nice wee touch).

The All inclusive worked well for us... breakfast, lunch and dinner was a varied buffet. There was only one evening where I didn't fancy most of the food available- so I had pasta. Every other night there was steaks, chicken, beef etc. Really good tasting filling meals.

We were lucky enough to stay over Christmas and New Year! All of the managers, captains and waiters put on two amazing gala evenings! The food was absolutely amazing and presented very well. All of the staff dressed very smart with their tuxedoes etc. New year was busier with more guests than Christmas.The gala party consisted of DJ music, belly dancers, an Egyptian folklore show and then all of us guests having a good time dancing on the stage etc! Really was a special evening.

Had such a great time and cant wait to go back soon!

Andrina x

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Andrea_cc_10
Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to cordially thank you for your very positive summary referring to your recent stay at the Mexicana Hotel.

Once again we thank you for your valuable time taken to post such detailed review and we are looking forward to welcome you again in Mexicana .

Mr Tarek Taha
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Arrived at Mexicana early in the morning and found the check in process smooth. We were taken to our room which was in the last block which initially caused some concern because it was the furthest from the reception area. However, with a day or so, this was no longer an issue. The rooms were very spacious and light, however the bathroom needed some updating. The shower did not give a full hot water flow, but it was manageable. On New Year’s night, their phone lines went down and their wireless was not working which was not acceptable. However, I am not a person glued to my phone, so this had little impact on me and my family. A phone card is the best option and can be purchased at the supermarket next door. We had a great New Year's Gala dinner which was included in an already cheap price.
The staff was very attentive, sometime flirtatious, but they respond to you well if you challenge them. The hotel grounds were immaculate and the pool appears well tended. Two things that the hotel does not promote are their own trips and the shops on site of the complex which was a huge oversight. The occupancy appeared lower than normal and this may be due to the ongoing situation in Cairo. Therefore, please try and use the local services as much as possible to maintain their business.
Please note that taxi are reasonably cheap, but they will try and increase the prices.
Airport to Hababa ( near Mexicana) is approx £ 100 to £120 Egyptian pounds.
Mexicana to Naama Bay approx £15 to £25 Egyptian pounds.
Mexicana to Old Market £10 to £15 Egyptian pounds.
Local bus costing from £1 to £10 will take you all over Sharm el Sheik. The bus can be pick up on Peace Road, approx 1.5 km away.
I would use or suggest the Mexicana to others in the future if they like to holiday in a slower and peaceful environment, but please be mindful if you have children because organised activities appeared minimal and 4* standard is not what we expect in UK. Overall, a very nice and relaxing break!

Room Tip: Try and get an upgrade and locate a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank debsmillen66
Dear Sirs,

we appreciated a lot your kind review and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your staying in Mexicana. Thanks a lot for being here and really wish to meet you again in our hotel,

Regards
Mr Tarek Taha
Mexicana
Clacton-on-sea
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have travelled to Sharm a couple of times a year over the past 4 years and have always stayed in Naama. Bay. This time we thought we would try somewhere a bit different and booked the Mexicana at Om El-Seid.
Would always say that when going to Sharm "you get what you pay for" and the Mexicana is no different. The two pools were nice with plenty of sunbeds. There are 3 restaurants although we only ate in one. Food is typical "all inclusive buffet style" in main restaurant and can be bit hit and miss but we do tend to eat out most evenings as this was expected. You can also order pizzas at pool bar for only £2 English as supplement if staying AI. The hotel is approx 10 minute walk to restaurants and centre of Il Mercato and the Half Crown pub is also a short walk away. Cab into Naama bay works out to £2 each way.
Room was nice and spacious and cleaned daily as was the bathroom.
Found the staff all to be friendly. Have read the comments on the barman in Amigos Bar and think we may have had a different guy. The guy that served us was quite chatty and would tell us to go take a seat and would bring our drinks over, he also regularly topped our glasses up without us having to ask.
Its awful to watch how some guests talk to the staff like they are scum and then expect good customer service. I find that if you are friendly and polite then the staff will go out of their way to help you.
If we choose to stay in this area again then I would definitely come back to the Mexicana.

Room Tip: We only booked a garden view room but the hotel was quiet and we were upgraded to pool view - its al...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrevNeal
Mexicana_11, General Manager at Mexicana Sharm Resort, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to cordially thank you for your very positive summary referring to your recent stay at the Mexicana Sharm-el-Sheikh.

We are glad, that our resort with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and you enjoyed your stay. The team will be delighted you have recognized their great efforts.

Once again we thank you for all the recommendations. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.