We stayed here last year and were a little disappointed. Most of the service was brilliant, however there were a few problems which let the hotel & holiday down.
We saw house keeping preventing people's airport transfers leaving on several occasions saying there was damage to the room or bedding and refusing to move until they we're given money. They even tried to do this to us on the morning we left, but luckily our airport driving told them to leave.
The rooms were nice and very comfy, however we found 4 screws in our shower and lip stick on the "clean glasses", which was very disappointing. We reported this to the Concierge & the shift manager who was Head Chef that evening but left service to see to us, which I was very impressed about. And the concierge was amazing, exceptionally helpful and understanding.
The restaurant, bar, spa and pool staff, as well as the Chef's were all brilliant and nothing was too much trouble. And the food was good, with a nice mix for everyone.
The location was fantastic! The beach is lovely with an amazing coral reef, but it is not clearly marked and we saw a few people swim into it, so be careful. And being on SoHo Square is also amazing. We went down every night and loved it! Although do not believe the no hassle and no haggling rules. I am blonde and got a lot of unwanted attention, but some amazing bargains as well.
We were very let down by Olympic who we booked with. The Rep was awful! We booked a lot of excursions all of which had major problems. We spent a lot to go to Scuba Diving which the Rep forgot to book, we weren't given any prior information which landed us in some very difficult situations especially regarding tipping, and nearly got us stuck very far away from the resort one evening. Which tainted the holiday a little bit.
Overall we would go back again if the price was right but not with Olympic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from Sharm El Sheikh international airport and Na'ama Bay, the Sierra Sharm El Sheikh hotel is the perfect destination for those who want to explore the Red Sea and beyond or alternatively kick back and relax. The Sierra Sharm El Sheikh is superbly located next to Soho Square where you will find a variety of restaurants and bars, ten pin bowling, ice skating rink, the Ice Bar, daily entertainment shows and live bands. This is an exciting destination with enviable all year round temperatures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sierra Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Egypt