This is our 2nd visit to this hotel we stayed here in November 2012.
We were greeted and remembered from our stay in November by several staff which was so lovely as they see hundreds of people each week .
Start at the top ,check in swift and great as per usual with a cold drink and towel ,we had a pool view room in the same block as last time only this time was an upper floor with balcony overlooking main pool .
As always spotless room thanks to our housekeeper.
Mina Ebeed recognised us right away when we nipped around to the adults only pool , as always with Mina we had A1 at sunbed service every day of the 11 nights we stayed when we were around the pool , this bar is run like clock work when he's on duty ,he remembers my white coffee at just after 10 am every day I never have to ask this guys is blessing and major asset to the hotel .
Sobhy again when he came back from leave was delighted to see us and again we had A1 service at the lobby bar from him and the lovely lovely Emad .
Good to see a couple of small changes in the food this time ,goe's to show they DO listen to comments and feedback !!!.
Again we always were well fed ,we saw the hygiene specialist checking the heat/food quality etc etc and can say only one occurance where I said the soup could have been hotter .
Reception as again fabulous service from the delightful George nothing was trouble we had a couple of daft things on the room ,a shower door that sounded like it would come of the hinge was fixed in a jiffy ,mossie plugs supplied on demand and he arranges everything with a great big smile on his face THANK YOU George sorry I didnt see you this time to say goodbye ...... so does that mean I have to hurry back ????.
We used Akhuna a couple of times ,its still not 100% in there but the Mexican food as others have commented was Good !!!. Akhuna still needs work but I know the hotel are always liasing to try improve the guest experience .
So all in all we had a lovely stay we did go down into Naama Bay but would not choose to stay down there we have definately picked thr ight hotel and area to stay in ,Sharks bay and Soho sq are some much more chic and upmarket and we didnt find the prices in Naama favourable !!!!.
We would 100% return to the hotel ,and cannot thank the staff enough for all they do /did for us we are treated with great warmth and respect and given 100% service !!!!!!!.
Also a mention for Guest service and Janel in particular thanks for looking after us and for the lovely flowers we had in our rooms and the cakes even though we couldnt eat them all !!! it was a nice touch .
Maybe see you later this year and a very very big thankyou to all the staff behind the scenes .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short drive from Sharm El Sheikh international airport and Na'ama Bay, the Sierra Sharm El Sheikh hotel is the perfect destination for those who want to explore the Red Sea and beyond or alternatively kick back and relax. The Sierra Sharm El Sheikh is superbly located next to Soho Square where you will find a variety of restaurants and bars, ten pin bowling, ice skating rink, the Ice Bar, daily entertainment shows and live bands. This is an exciting destination with enviable all year round temperatures.For more details please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sierra Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sierra Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sierra Hotel Egypt