Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Grand Rotana. From the moment we arrived, to the sound of a huge gong being sounded announcing our arrival, to our check-out, the experience was nothing short of fantastic.
This hotel is relatively new (approx 1.5 years old) and during this time of year has low occupancy rates - about 30%. In my opinion this only added to our stay. Every member of staff was very polite and could not do enough for us. Their english was very good and their willingness to help was always apparent. Two members of staff in particular were outstanding - Amr (receptionist) helped organise a fantastic birthday for my girlfriend. Without his help I reallly would have been struggling! Secondly, Hani, customer relations, ensured we were always well catered for at the beach and updated us on all aspects of Egypt and Namya Bay that we may find interesting - a great help.
The hotel is situated about 10 minutes by car north of Namya Bay and just a short trip from the airport. It has a PADI diving centre within the hotel - excellent diving conditions. The hotel is extremely clean and rooms are serviced twice daily.
Couple of things to be aware of:
Before arriving ask the hotel to send a taxi to pick you up - we got seriously overcharged by the 'local taxi firm.' It should only cost 50 Egyptian pounds to the hotel from the airport.
Wine is seriously overpriced - for a bottle that would cost you approximately £10 in England you can expect to pay 4 times that amount in the restaurants.
Namya Bay - It has some very nice areas (good restaurant called 'On Deck') but be prepared for a lot of 'prospecting' from the local restaurant and shop owners, however do not let this put you off a port town that has a lot to offer.
If you are after a complete relaxation holiday - this hotel is, without question, the place for you. You will be treated Kings from the moment of your arrival to the time you leave. I have had other friends stay in Sharm and listening to their experiences I believe this hotel to be one of the very best, if not the best in Sharm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh