Went to the Grand Rotana in April and I just cannot wait to go back. I cannot fault this hotel. Like other reviewers, I was upgraded and had a lovely room that was very clean and spacious.
The staff were excellent and as a (married!!!!) lone female traveller I had my concerns. However, the staff were exceptionally professional, helpful and reassuring and I have got to say that I felt that I had aquired a family of big brothers who were there to look after me. I felt safe - very safe- at all times and had the very relaxing holiday that I had planned.
Pool fantastic and although there are a few reviews that are critical of the evening buffet - I cannot fault it - I always ate well and there was always something that I liked. And.....joy oh joy....they had a chocolate fountain...pancakes and chocolate at breakfast....and melted chocolate over everything at dinner time. What could be nicer?
So myself and my husband (yes I am taking him with me this time!) are going on 24th of December to spend the festive season there.
PS: I liked their sense of humour...when I asked if I could have a 'late room' on my last day they said that would be no problem and the price would be £100!!!! When I said that was a little bit expensive they said 'ok then for you it is free, you can have the room until you leave!!!'
All in all I just cannot wait to go back for another relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh