What a beautiful peaceful hotel, set in beautiful manicured grounds.....with some of the best staff in any Sharm hotel......
Stayed in a Garden Room which was very peaceful and surrounded by beautiful colourful gardens. The Hotel clearly take pride in the appearance of the entire resort - the gardeners are never without something to do to make this resort so beautiful.
The room was a good size and comfortable. Well equipped bathroom and really liked the walk-in shower. Had a ground floor room and it was lovely to have the patio area to sit on first thing in the morning with a cuppa! Leaving a cold windy England and the following morning sitting out on the patio with the sun blasting down - what a treat! The room was cleaned very well everyday.
Food was excellent - a good choice at all meal times & the staff in the restaurant were very cheerful. At breakfast, I really liked the idea of staff serving the tea and coffee at your table and topping it up. Gamal (one of the breakfast waiters) always ensured our cups were full.
Tried the Silk Road restaurant and really enjoyed it (although the portions are huge & I didn't feel I could do their beautiful food justice!). The ambience was lovely too.
Had room service during the stay and the food was excellent and the service was speedy and efficient.
The bar staff at the Sky Bar and the Pool Bar were very attentive & cheerful.
The pool was very clean (but not heated!). Everything around the pool was kept clean and really well looked after. Mahmoud was excellent helping us every day with our sunbeds/towels etc.
The entertainment team (Abi from England) and her boss were really cheerful and tried to get people involved in the activities (darts, stretching etc). It wasn't easy to get people involved though because the hotel wasn't very busy. That didn't stop the entertainment team from trying though. Well done!
Every employee of the hotel without exception were amazing. They were cheeful, helpful and bent over backwards to ensure guests had a great stay. Full credit to the hotel for recruiting and retaining such great staff.
What else can I say? I can't wait to go back! And Thank You to everyone at the Grand Rotana Hotel for making a 9 day break so peaceful and relaxing.
Finally, having stayed at Rixos (previously Royal Grand Azure), I would recommend this hotel more for having 'the whole package' not to mention the peace and calm so needed for a relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh