Family of 3 (young son of 18 months) stayed for 8 nights 23/12 - 31/12. We followed someone else's advice and went for the Club option rather than all inclusive - THANKS for the recommendation. This was great because of the outstanding service (thanks so much Hady, Mohammed and Reda!). We had breakfast there instead of at the big buffet, we had snacks throughout the day, non-alcoholic drinks all day and we had lunches elsewhere and weren't that hungry in the evening, we just partook in the substantial evening snacks instead of dinner most nights and had a couple of beers (all included). If your not drinking and eating a lot, this is the way to go - especially because you get a room in the best and quietest location in the resort in 'Block 1' and have wifi access in the club.
For kids - heated pools (main pool like ice this time of year), a kids club that I wouldn't leave my kid at because the Russian staff don't seem interested in kids, all other staff incredibly friendly and interested in kids, small playground also available, some things for older than toddlers on some days by the beach, great snorkelling for slightly older kids.
Food - great breakfast at the club; Ramses restaurant has pretty standard buffet fair - wouldn't ever choose to go there if I wasn't at the resort but it fills the gap (desserts provide a great reason to diet) lovely fruit; ate at Mezza Luna (Italian) once - slow and pretty tasteless but fine; Silk Road was good - restaurant level food and service this would be our pick of the bunch. Great location and views from the seafood restaurant - was good food but not amazing - good service. Ramses were very happy to make something special for our son but we didn't need it, didn't try crepes at the cafe lido but great setting.
"Beach" - loads of lovely areas to lie in the sun, hammocks, loungers etc - no problem at this time of year to find a quiet spot - best spots close to the cafe. No real beach as the coast drops off to a reef and when rough it is better to get in from the pontoon/jetty. This provides for amazing snorkelling in a limited area. There were some activities organised on one or two days when we were there but not really sure what they were.
Dive Centre - good service, great dive on the boat but you don't leave from the jetty for this you drive into town and leave from there, had a couple of dives from the jetty so I could be with family in between - worth it for a doodle about. BOOK ONLINE IN ADVANCE AND YOU WILL GET A DISCOUNT.
Great relaxing time, excellent value and brilliant service from Hady and the team. I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh