My boyfriend and I have just returned from a week long stay at the Grand Rotana. We had an absolutely fantastic time!!
The hotel was stunning-Great size rooms, nice bathrooms and the swimming pool and beach area were both immaculate.
We stayed as all inclusive (this is referred to as ultra all-inclusive by the hotel) and gives access to all the restaurants and the majority of the bars at the hotel. Having stayed all-inclusive in a number of top resorts/hotels, including two in the maldives, I can honestly say the quality of the food/drink and the service provided was impeccable. The drinks available to all inclusive guests included a choice of wines (yes...not just one cheap chardonnay!!) and a substantial list of well made cocktails. We particularly enjoyed the silk road restaurant which feels like a real treat and is a genuine fine dining experience. The other al a carte restaurants on offer included an italian, where again, the food on offer was great quality, varied and the staff went out of there way to be welcoming (the manager in particular was a credit to the restaurant and hotel). Lastly, the palms beach grill was our regular destination for lunch each day and we enjoyed fresh seafoods, salads and grilled meats...YUM. This restaurant also looks beautiful when its lit up at night with a view overlooking the red sea.
I do realise I've gone on about the food a bit much but I can't express enough how impressed we were, especially considering we've always been all-inclusive cynics.
Moving on from the food chat...I should also mention that you have several opportunities to work off the calories...
1: Take a walk in the extensive grounds which are constantly tended to by an army of friendly grouds staff...apparently there are 3000 palm trees!!...
2: The pool is gigantic ... so a lap a day should keep the belly away...
3: Visit the gym and spa (although take note; the massages are fairly pricy, especially considering we've paid less in private spa's in London)
4: Explore the reef...accessed via the pier. Comparable, if not better than snorkelling experiences on previous holidays in the Caribbean, Kenya, Australia, Maldives and Thailand.
We did our research before and it really did live up to our expectations. We had a really relaxing time and wish we could have stayed longer.
Here are a couple of general tips re Sharm;
Unless your normal holiday destination involves crowded beaches, getting abused into buying fake watches and spending the majority of your stay in the bathroom...DON'T stay/go to Naama bay)...
If you would like to shop, Soho Square is a more peaceful shopping experience...it is however, the same fake bags/watches and sunglasses on offer as Naama bay, but haggling is a lot of fun and the shopkeepers have a far nicer sales approach.
If you would like to go on any of the trips on offer...be wary if the price is too good to be true....We did a 'sunset' quadbiking trip that began an hour AFTER sunset...!!! (Having said this... night-time quadbiking certainly is an experience and considering it wouldn't get past the safety regulations in most countries, this may be your only opportunity to try this unique thrill seeking sport...)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the idyllic shores of Sharm El Sheikh, a truly inspiring seaside destination, the 5 star hotel has its own 450 meters stretch of private beach, a stunning pool surrounded by a lush tropical landscape with over 2000 palm trees. Sharm El Sheikh is now one of the world’s most accessible resort destinations for snorkelling and scuba diving. The luxury beachfront resort is 8 Km away from Sharm El Sheikh International airport and 2 minutes from Sharm El Sheikh International congress centre as well as the center of Na'ama bay with easy access to the many tourist attractions of the region. The Resort offers 526 luxurious rooms, suites and Club Rotana Executive rooms and suites in addition to 9 Royal villas with four & five bedrooms with private swimming pools. All luxury hotel guest rooms and suites feature a private balcony or terrace overlooking Tiran Island or the gardens. For dining and entertainment, the resort offers ten restaurants, bars and cafe’s catering to every taste expertly blended with the highly acclaimed award winning Rotana standards. Keep up with your fitness routine while you're away from home. The Bodylines Wellness & Fitness Club at Grand Rotana Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh features state-of-the-art fitness equipment and our award-winning Zen the spa at Rotana offers you tranquility and pure relaxation to balance your mind, body and soul. The Camel Dive Club is our 5* PADI centre for diving and Snorkeling within easy reach in the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grand Rotana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Rotana Resort And Spa
- Grand Rotana Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Sharm El Sheikh