“Loved it ... amazing”

Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Hotel Montazah
Ranked #138 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Loved it ... amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week 9thmay till 16th what an amazing hoilday .. all staff were so helpfull and would do anythink to help .

Location is wicked close to everythink . If not very cheap in Ahmed taxi . Just go to reception .. he is the best ... along with his taxi crew . Bashm I love this man tooo

Rooms are lovely and cleaned everyday .. with clean towels n bed sheets ... shower Is wicked bed comfy too . Aircon is the best get room really cold .

Food lots to offer and staff lovely and helpfull . But if 1 thing could be better i would say more english food ...
Althought they have fresh bbq food and omlettes most days ..

drinks were good and the pool bar man was a wicked man and soo very helpfull every day . He deserves the best . What an amazing person ... please see photo

Animation team were wicked .. daniel from uk was fun and a lovely guy.. the new Italian girls just started is lovely also . Also the russian lady was wicked ... the dj is the best .. played some wicked music every nite and on the beach every day ..

the beach is amazing and the fish are so lovely

spa .. you have to get a massage mohammed is amazing and cheap too

I would just like to say thank you for makin our hoilday amazing ... you all deserve the best in life and we will be back in september ...

I think the owner should give them all a payrise cause they are all wicked hard working people any boss would be happy to have them ...

• Stayed May 2013
sayed_farouk, Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Hotel Montazah, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much and a lot from all our management that you are stayed in our property and to know that you really enjoyed the stay with us however there were some other comments with different guests but this comments from your side it is like certificate for us againist the efforts we did and always do in order to satisfy our valued guests.

Many thanks and we are waiting for your next time soon hopfuly.

Kind regads

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for 8 nights in Sharm this April. This was a fantastic find. The hotel is immaculate. Rooms were serviced to a very high standard. The view from the rooms were to die for. The bed was very comfy. The food was very good, which surprised us as we generally get poorly in Egypt but this time we return and didn't have to have a trip to the GP. The all inclusive bar wasn't the best but perfectly acceptable. Reception staff lovely. Ahmed was superb when we ordered a take away from Nama bay. Overall just a fantastic holiday. Plenty of activity down at the beach and nice and quiet up by the top pool. We didn't mind the walk up the hill either. Keeps you active when you are enjoying all of the lovely pasty on offer.

7 Thank GrimsbyPeter123
sayed_farouk, Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Hotel Montazah, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Montazah and for taking the time to review our hotel at Trip Advisor.

We really do appreciate all of your comments and wish to welcome you once more at Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Montazah in the near future.

cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was the second accommodation in rotana hotels group and the first in rotana coral beach . the first was in alsalam rotana Khartoum which was 5* and this one was 4* .
I have read a lot of reviews about this hotel But I have a rule to evaluate any product whatever this product ( service or tangible product )
Don't expect more than you paid
My reservation was in high season ( the Easter in Egypt ) despite this is Coptic festival But all Egyptian even Muslims celebrates& it's formal holidays (bank holidays) so most Egyptian go in vacation . I choose Sharm elshikh coz it's my favorite destination in Egypt .
I chose this hotel because it was the cheapest AI in this period , my last reservation was in Hilton which was double price than rotana . also my background about rotana group was fine then I took reservation decision.
I think most of criticizes about this hotel were unfair most of them compare between 5* hotels and rotana 4* they compared between double price at night .
My review will depends on my base (Don't expect more than you paid )
First : the rooms .
It excellent and the same as Hilton just missing some amenities which required in 5* standards like slipper, toothbrush, etc . but other the same . furthermore the rooms has charming view front of the sea and Tiran island which is better than neama bay .
Second : services .
50% of the staff need training to know how to deal with guest but the other50% is qualified enough . the qualified staff were the reception men particular Mr. Mahmoud he is professional to deal with guests and work under pressure there was Italian group check in at the same moment I checked in despite that he has achieved the mission quickly also there was no rooms sea views and promised me to offer it after24 hr and he did it . also the back office staff was good despite they don't have to deal with guest but they always smile and appears happy I remember name of them he was Mr. Salama . the rude staff was barman front of swimming boll he called ( Hassan ) he is not qualified to work in hotels he was always angry and disappointed . I asked him why you always disappointed he told me because this is Easter and we are overloaded coz there are many guests and I hate to work under pressure . he has talks with Italian man in rude I really astonishes how this man forgive him he also said bad words in Arabic to European people who don't understand Arabic like . I hate this kind of people who imitate out of Egyptian nature. Also the restaurant staff need some training to know when and how to collect the food front of people they always collect food befor I finish despite there are symbols used when I put the fork & the spoon . however this symbols used in 5* not in 4* but why 4* don't know that . rotana group is wide enough to trained they staff coz it has 5* hotels in Egypt and the staff may transfer employees at any times
In little words ( the staff needs training ) .
Third : The security .
The hotels consist of 2 parts part 1 front of sea and the other one back of the road . anybody can enter the part 1 easily (front sea ) so this issue must supported from the hotel management to save part one from strangers . I know there are security man but he is not enough to put only one to save this area also this one not available all the time particularly at night .
Forth : The housekeeping: It was the best hotels in that , there are manager called MS. Inas she is strict manager when I called her every things solved immediately despite she is a women but she is unique in operations.
Fifth : general issues .
The food was will cooked but needs some expanding in variety, for example there was no sausage in breakfast despite its main in all hotels .
The swimming pool was not heated so you cannot swim in winter also there was many chemicals material in water to be safe against infections . my advice why you don’t pay for new water instead paying for chemicals treatment of old water. But most hotels has the same problems. my kids ask about aqua but the hotel don't have aqua park.
The beach was charming particularly for the lovers of snorkeling there are unique coral . really it's the coral beach . the gym equipment's needs some replacement and add some equipment's like a runner machine .
Finally , this hotels was generally good and if the rotana management concern about my pervious points , it would be excellent hotel. coz it has advanced infrastructure but just need little enhance in management.
I do believe it was the best hotel in value paid coz I never expect more than i paid. So my advice to European tourists(particularly the English people) I recommend this hotel if you want to have cheap holiday I have been to England before and I found this hotel sold by 299 sterling pound including flight per week and the cost of my flight ticket from Cairo to London 310 sterling pound . So it's a good deal .
For Egyptian the Hilton was 950 E.g. pound =95 sterling pound
But this hotel was 500 eg pound . so it was also a good deal

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank aldamasy
sayed_farouk, Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Hotel Montazah, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Coral Beach Rotana Resort, Montazah and for reviewing our hotel at Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our service and facilities and only through comments provided by our valued guests we will be able to do so.

I do apologize for any inconvenience that might occurred during your stay and very sorry for the attitude of Hassan at the pool bar I would like to assure you that Rotana hotels have a very intensive training programs and we are implementing them at the hotel although the high ratio of the staff turnover.

Appreciate your suggestion about the security and will be taken into consideration.

Once again thank you for staying at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, Montazah and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Hull
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have just returned from the Coral Beach Rotana Resort - Montazah with friends. The first room they put us in had a broken air con and it took 24 hours to sort another room out. The pictures for the hotel show the restaurant, if thats what you can call it, as having table cloths and cutlery and the food looks amazing - lots of different types of fruit. In actual fact at breakfast time there was salad, the usual cheese and meet, cakes, bread and eggs. You could have 2 fried eggs or an omelette, which became too much for a week! The choice of fruit was oranges or prunes. One day in the seven we were given melon. The restaurant is run as cheaply as possible, lots of carbs and when there was meat, it was chicken wings or stew. There were no table cloths and you had to hunt for cutlery. No sauces. We had to ask for butter for the bread and the toaster only held six slces of bread - 2 of which werent working! All the drinks are served in a plastic cup that held 1/4 of a pint and you had to go to the bar even for water. Wine was only served at lunch and dinner. I go abroad to meet foreign people but there were 11 English people there - 4 italians and the rest were Russian. All of the entertainment is in Russian and its rubbish anyway! They were so rude, pushing in when queuing for coffee, drinks, etc. If you have any disability at all you couldnt get to the beach, which is down a half mile hill which is a 1 in 10 - ok going downhill but coming back in 30 degrees wasnt good. There was no air con on in the restaurant and when we asked why the manager told us that they only put it on in July and August - it was uncomfortable to say the least. Not only is the food really poor but they put a meal on every Thursday which you can pay for, and drinks too. On a Wednesday you can go to the beach for a party, which costs £6 to go and then the drinks are to pay for - really cheeky! The hotel is in the middle of a building site, not much else around. It cost £17 to go to Narma Bay and £10 to go to Soho Square. The food was so horrible that we ate out 5 times out of the 7 and spent a fortune. It cost £1,150 for a week, it wasnt worth half of that. Dont waste your money, go to the Coral Sea Resort, its a palace compared to this!

Room Tip: Dont go in room 1126!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Maureen J
sayed_farouk, Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Hotel Montazah, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Very sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay at Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Montazah, I do apologize for the Air Condition problem happened at your room after checking in and it took time because it happened during the night and we had to wait to get spare parts to fix it.

For the restaurant photo with table cloth that was old line and we had to change it to just table covers and place mat and sorry that you didn’t find them available at the table, for the food our buffets set to meet our guests taste from England, Italian, Russia and Egypt and our chefs are always available to meet any requests even if the item not on the buffet and available at the kitchen.

Please note that during your stay the hotel was fully booked and the majority of the guests were Italian ( 70%) , English ( 15%) and Russian & others (15%).
For the Air condition at the restaurant I would like to assure you that it’s working since last March and the piece of information you get is totally wrong.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from using our hotel in the future and I look forward to seeing you again at the Coral Beach Rotana Resort, Montazah and assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

basildon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just returned from holiday at this resort had a lovely time the room was lovely very clean and spacious overlooking the pool and with a great sea view,the pool is very clean and plenty of comfortable sunbeds to be had only let down from my point of view was the food mostly pasta veg and salad not much meat to go with it which gets a bit boring animation team were very good and hardworking a special mention for daniel whose energy seemed never ending and always had a smile for everyone the bar staff were brilliant especially hossain and mohammed they really looked after us well but to be honest every member of staff in hotel were very nice and obviously the weather was glorious great holiday would definately go back

Room Tip: ist floor rooms overlooking pool good as close to restarant lobby and not far from beach
1 Thank susan m
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Montazah and for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor.

Kindly be informed that all of your valuable comments already shared with all concerned departments and all mentioned staff get copy of the comment.

We all here wish to welcome you once more at Coral Beach Rotana Resort-Montazah.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The wife and I really enjoyed our stay earlier this month (April). The hotel's location next to the beach was good, with our bedroom accomodation also near the beach being very handy. As hotel bedrooms go, ours was supurb - good size, great large bathroom and sea views. Room service was first class. The food and drink was good, even if the selection of food could be a little "samey", it was always of good quality and hot or cold as required. The restaurant was a good size with additional seating on the balcony outside (our preference). What made this a great holiday instead of just good was the staff. Helpful receptionist, obliging pool towel staff, friendly bar staff and waiters. Ahmed made our holiday ! He got to learn our drink preferences and even while not speaking a lot of English, his friendly nature, helpfulness and first class service made every meal time a very pleasant experience.
The animation team worked very hard to entertain and the cleaners kept the place spotless. We didn't go outside the hotel grounds as we were comfortable enough.
Negatives - a map of the site on arrival would be useful as the sign posts were of limited use (no mention of w/c's for example near the pool). There were no warnings regarding walking in the shallows of the sea (protecting the coral). A staff member was blowing a whistle to warn clients (a bit late !!). The H & S notice on the beach made no reference to the coral issue. Overall, very small points that could easily be remedied. Hotels have limited control of their clientele and we were "blessed" with a group of young Italian ladies in rooms near us. Their partying late at night did get a bit loud on a couple of ocassions, but after being told they did quieten down completely, so no real problem.
Needless to say, the selection of fish to be seen off the hotel's beach jetty was fantastic and snorkelling at the end of the jetty supurb. Someone commented that the fish were better off our beach than they were on one of the snorkelling trips they had been on in Sharm !!

Room Tip: There are basically two blocks of bedrooms. One near the main building and pool, and the other next...
1 Thank William P
sayed_farouk, Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Coral Beach Hotel Montazah, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We do thank you very much for your staying with us, it is our great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us,

We thank you again for your comments to us which will help us to strive to improve our services to our precious guests.

kind regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

First of all - shout out to my man Daniel from the Animation crew, his constant energy, Scottish wisdom and passion for life were like nuffin i've ever known in a man. He also has some lethal dance moves and has the stamina of a camel in heat when it comes to partying! Seeing him throw his pants at the DJ in Pacha was one of the funniest things i've ever seen! R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Me, mum and my sister had a flippin' amazing time in the hotel, from the hotel itself and the service, to the beach and the local attractions our stay could not have been better. The room was very clean, comfortable and the view of the sea was incredible. The food was okay, lots of options for meat eaters and vegetarians alike, however it did become repetitive towards the end of the week. Big love to the main man Mohammed Zaki, the guy always made sure we had the best table in the house and was always there waiting with a Diet Pepsi in hand, whot a ledge!

The gym facilities were very disappointing, almost all of it was not in working order and I was very surprised that the equipment was so poor - the rowing machine looked like an old video game.

However, the Turkish massage i had at the spa was off the bloody richter scale, all i can say is that Chocolatino had a pair of healing hands that Jesus Christ himself would have been proud of.

Special mention to Bassam the badman, he organised our taxi trips and drove us out to Old Sharm and Soho Square. He asked what my Sister's name what and suggested he take her somewhere special. What a nice man.

Another shout out to our cleaner who always had a smile on his face and on our last day made us a crocodile made out of towels on our beds.

All in all i would recommend Coral Beach Rotana Resort Montazah to anyone who was considering visting this part of Egypt. The friendliness and hospitality of the staff at the hotel made for one of the most pleasant stays at a hotel i have had and would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hydeso
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing and staying in our hotel, we are really appreciate very much your great comments and your precious words to our colleagues.

We are very happy to know that you back home happy and your trip to Egypt and our Hotel is enjoyable and good one.

Thank you once again and we are waiting for you another time to welcome you back and to even serve you better.

Kind regards