1 bottle of water every two days, if you ask for more it takes forever to arrive, if you take your empty bottle to the bar they only fill a third of it up. Nearly all of the waiters and staff were miserable, and sometimes rude. On our last night we returned to the hotel at about 12pm, had to walk half a mile up the road to get round a river of sewage running down the main road outside the hotel, understandably not the hotel's fault- However on getting back to the room the card lock wouldn't open, as we'd also had the trouble with the lock earlier in the week we suspected it was a flat battery in the lock and went down to reception to tell them. They didn't listen and swapped our card instead, back to the room we tried it and the same happened, so back to reception, they then call for a repair man, 15 minutes later he turns up with no tools and proceeds to insert and remove the card repeatedly for a further 15 minutes.... then he turns round and says... 'flat battery, i'l be 5 minutes'. After which he disappears for nearly half an hour before finally returning and opening the lock. Just what we needed on our last night! They should have listened to us in the first place or at least offered us another room for the night instead of us having to walk backwards and forwards to reception and sit in the hot unairconditioned hallway for nearly an hour.
A shame because the hotel itself was quite nice upon first impression, not too far from the beach, and a good variety of restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a five minute stroll from the centre of Naama Bay and five minutes to the beach it shares with The Ghazala Beach Hotel, the Ghazala Gardens offers a perfect balance of scale and facilities. The delightful gardens teem with exotic plants and a lagoon pool that give it a truly tropical feel. You can even swim right from your terrace with our poolside rooms! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ghazala Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Ghazala Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Ghazala Gardens Egypt
- Ghazala Gardens Hotel Egypt