“Moody Staff, Run Down Rooms, Very Poor Service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
Ghazala Gardens Hotel
Ranked #87 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed July 15, 2013

1 bottle of water every two days, if you ask for more it takes forever to arrive, if you take your empty bottle to the bar they only fill a third of it up. Nearly all of the waiters and staff were miserable, and sometimes rude. On our last night we returned to the hotel at about 12pm, had to walk half a mile up the road to get round a river of sewage running down the main road outside the hotel, understandably not the hotel's fault- However on getting back to the room the card lock wouldn't open, as we'd also had the trouble with the lock earlier in the week we suspected it was a flat battery in the lock and went down to reception to tell them. They didn't listen and swapped our card instead, back to the room we tried it and the same happened, so back to reception, they then call for a repair man, 15 minutes later he turns up with no tools and proceeds to insert and remove the card repeatedly for a further 15 minutes.... then he turns round and says... 'flat battery, i'l be 5 minutes'. After which he disappears for nearly half an hour before finally returning and opening the lock. Just what we needed on our last night! They should have listened to us in the first place or at least offered us another room for the night instead of us having to walk backwards and forwards to reception and sit in the hot unairconditioned hallway for nearly an hour.

A shame because the hotel itself was quite nice upon first impression, not too far from the beach, and a good variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JLRICHARDS106
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Mr Richards,

We are sorry to hear that you had a slight problem during your stay.
Firstly, may I take this opportunity to confirm the situation regarding water bottles. Prior to guest arrival, we place a 1.5 litre bottle in each guest room. Every two days thereafter, we replenish the water bottle. In the meantime, water is readily available in all of our outlets throughout the hotel.Upon request from our guests we can supply extra water at any time that they may need.Naturally it was our concern to read of the service that you received regarding your room key card and this has been raised and discussed with all relevant departments and action has been taken to ensure this do-sent happen again, but hope this didn't upset your holiday too much.As management we do feel very compelled to respond to the comments given and very much respect your opinion,as it is not what we provide,only to offer and provide the highest service and standard,to each and every one of our guests at all times.
Our Best Wishes To You
Ghazala Gardens Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Having never been to Egypt before and not knowing much about Sharm I was worried if I had picked the right hotel but can honestly say i did!! The Ghazala Gardens is a beautiful hotel but definitely needs a good makeover. The rooms are outdated and a lick of paint is needed but the staff and amazing pools make up for this!!
If you are looking for a chilled out relaxing holiday then I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff are amazing especially the Entertainment Team - Mimo, Alex and Lucy are great fun and will go out of their way to ensure you have a great time!! I loved my daily water aerobics and volleyball :).
The Red Sea Reps are brilliant and would recommend the Beduin Night and Ras Mohammed Snokerling trips. They will ask you tip the camera man,driver etc (although optional) so make sure to bring some small notes. My advice is Amercan Dollars. I kept giving them pound coins and found out at the end of my trip they can't exchange these in the bank, only notes. They love $1 notes apparently. Dont feel you have to tip but I did because they really work hard to make your day amazing and can honestly say I LOVED both trips.
The food in the hotel is ok but the town is literally a 5 min walk across the road and there are some fantastic restaurants if you want to try something else. The buffets in the hotel offer some odd food combinations but Little Italy do the best pizzas!! I was worried about the "Egyptian Tummy" but I ate the salads, drank drinks with ice and was fine but do be careful when you go outside your hotel. The food/drink on the excurions are fine too.
My only advice about Sharm is if you are a girl with blonde hair then go with a man! I was hassled non stop to the point they were grabbing my hair and offering my mum camels for me but its harmless and if you ignore them they soon leave you alone.
I would 100% go back to Sharm and would defintely stay at Ghazala Gardens again but not in June/July as the weather is way too hot and got seriously burnt!! If you are fair like me and dont travel to hot countries too often then pack at least a factor 50!!
The evening entertainment is good and the beach party was a laugh if you dont fancy the Sharm night life. There is plenty to do in Sharm but if you prefer a quieter more relaxing night then Ghazala Gardens is the perfect hotel. If you are looking for something more lively then I wouldn't recommend this hotel as it is very quiet. The beach across the road is great too and brilliant snorkelling.
Overall, a brilliant holiday with my mum and can't wait to go again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms overlooking the pool at the back.. they looked nicer than ours which overlo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Reach31
Reviewed July 10, 2013

In this hotel I spent 14 days leave. I think this hotel is in my opinion equal to 5 star hotel, whether equipment or services. Is indeed level, in terms of the staff. Since every year we travel to leave this hotel are one of the best. Just because I belong to demanding clients, who have a hard time adapting to worse conditions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ingemoncici
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in the Ghazala Gardens between 19th and 26th June 2013. It is the 5th time we have been to Egypt and I have to say if it had been the first time we would not have gone again. We have always accepted that the food is not startling in Egypt but the choice and standard was apalling. If all else fails have fruit or a salad - but the salads always looked as though they should have been in a bin and the fruit was never fresh. The Mexican, Brazilian and Italian restaurants were good and not everything had an extra charge so why was the food not good in the other 2 restaurants?
The staff were the most untrained and miserable we have ever come across. One evening when a waiter came to collect glasses he proceeded to tip the contents over my husbands legs then just for good measure he dropped a glass which proceeded to smash between his feet! There was a panicked reaction but no concern.
The rooms are generally clean but really need refurbishment as they are shabby. It did not help when we had to constantly search for the man who looked after the rooms as he kept forgetting to replace bath towels.
All in all the staff and management were very poor and not at all customer orientated. No we will n ot be returning to the '4' star Ghazala Gardens.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julie F
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Hi Julie,
Thank you for your feedback.Naturally we were concerned to read that the food choice and standard was not up your expectations.We are compelled to answer that we do cater for many different nationalities, but we do have all kinds of options available throughout the day.The restaurant staff are always happy to assist our guests with any of their orders or preferences and if they cannot find anything to their liking or even request the kitchen to prepare something special for them, if they prefer.We do spend a great deal of time each day to insure that all hygiene and safety targets are not only met but surpassed.
We do have to add that we conduct training for all employees to provide only the highest guest excellence at all times, but your points have been passed onto the relevant department.Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service in all areas we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards where it may be necessary.
It is only through guests comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for our valued guests.
Thanks again for your review,
Best Regards

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Good and bad points to our holiday
GOOD
Location is not far from the airport
the hotel itself is beautiful
nice pools
staff are great
amazing weather
good range of excursions (id recommend quad biking in the desert)
Beach is lovely and only across the road
Loads of shops near by

BAD
the food is disgusting and they cook raw meat with the same utensil as they serve the cooked, the cold food is not kept cold and you can see the sides curling
Me and my partner both suffered from a stomach bug which is still on going after 2 weeks being home.
The rep is rude and unhelpful but guest relations are lovely
The double rooms consist of 2 beds pushed together and everything is very dated and most things broke in the room
be aware that you will have to pay extra charges for certain food and drink so its not all inclusive
also if your a gym lover like us the gym is NOT included in your 'all inclusive' package which we were told it was
We read the reviews before going and thought this hotel would be amazing, DO NOT BE FOOLED it is terrible worst hotel I have ever stayed in for hygiene they do not know the meaning
Also be prepared to buy your own bottled water as they only provide each room with one bottle every other day even though we cant drink their water and we are meant to be 'all inclusive'
When you leave the hotel there will be loads of guys trying to take you to their shops, wouldn't advise women to go alone

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jonathan04Wales
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hi Jonathan,
Firstly thank you for your kind comments relating to our hotel,pools and great staff,
Naturally we are concerned to read your points regarding some areas during your stay.
Our double standard room come as twin beds but upon guest request can be arranged for a double bed if they wish.Regarding broken items in the room,we have checked the maintenance log book and guest comments from the dates of your stay and cannot seem to find anything reported from your room to us.
As the same as other hotels,certain items may incur an extra charge, but this is for premium items such as imported alcohol and some certain dishes such as lobster or some seafood only.
Firstly may I take this opportunity to confirm the situation regarding water bottles.Prior to guest arrival, we place a 1.5 litre bottle in each guest room. Every two days thereafter, we replenish the water bottle but guest can request extra water when needed which will be replaced for them which i know was provided for you on a few occasions.
We would like to inform you that your comments are of great importance to us,our kitchens do man a hygiene manager every day where temperatures are checked and comply with the correct standard and your feedback has been discussed with the relevant departments.
We are sorry to read that you suffered an upset tummy but this can be a many number of factors as communicated to our guests, such as Dehydration,too much sun in the temperatures we come to expect here in Egypt,change in climate,eating certain spicy foods you are not accustomed too,or eating and going straight back into the sun,Being in the heat and straight into air-condition is one of the main factors,so its just being sensible and taking precautions to prevent this.
Thanks again for your comments
Best Regards

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent a week at the Ghazala Gardens hotel with my mum in May (14th-21st) and we had a lovely time and great weather (35C-41C). The hotel staff was very friendly and always helpful which made our stay at the hotel very enjoyable.

When we first arrived to our allocated room we were a bit disappointed as the room was a bit 'tired' looking and there were some minor problems but after mentioning it to the reception staff we received an upgrade to a beautiful junior suite with a balcony and stunning view overlooking the pool surrounded by palm trees. The room was kept clean by Mustafa who made some lovely creations from towels every day.

The air conditioning in the room was much needed in the everyday heat and was working well for us. We didn’t manage to keep the mosquitos out of the room at night and suffered several bites so a mosquito repellent was required.

The lagoon pool is well maintained and kept clean all the time and the water in the pool is nice and warm. There are several sports activities at the hotel like water aerobics, yoga, volleyball, and table tennis. A big thanks to Buba from the Animation team who always kept us busy.

The food at the hotel was good and although there wasn’t too much variety it was sufficient enough but the best food and the most amazing food creations were at the Gala Evening on Friday with life entertainment which was lovely. There are also several other restaurants at the hotel where they have food served for lunch and dinner (a table needs pre-booking). We went all inclusive and really enjoyed it as we could have a drink at the Mango bar anytime we wanted and we also enjoyed the ice cream at the Little Italy restaurant where they even baked their own ice cream cones as you wait!

Tipping at the hotel is awaited so bring some small change with you as they like British Pounds as well as Euros there and there’s no real need to exchange money to Egyptian pounds as Euros and British Pounds are accepted in the shops as well.

Access to the beach is just across the road and through a neighbouring Ghazala Beach hotel but it's well worth spending some time by the sea as well as the sea is warm and you get to see some colourful fish swimming in shallow waters.

We can’t thank enough everyone at Ghazala Hotel (sorry I can’t remember everyone’s names) for making our stay there so special as it was a ‘treat’ for my mum’s birthday and she loved the hotel and everything about it. We would also like to send a big ‘thank you’ to Jane from the Guest relations who was always very helpful and made sure everyone is happy and also to Islam the Red Sea Rep for his assistance during our stay.

It was our first time in Egypt but we’d like to return there one day and stay at the Ghazala Gardens hotel again.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the junior suite room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zdenka W
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We booked our holiday about 2 months in advance and seemed to pay twice as much as the folks who booked last minute! As we took our teenage daughter we wanted to ensure she had her own room next to ours. We found positive and negative points for the Ghazala Gardens - and we probably won't be returning.
Facts: the hotel is in a great location - close to the airport, close to the beach with good access to other local facilities. The grounds are lovely being built round a meandering pool which makes for a beautiful setting no matter where your room is. The pool and grounds are kept clean and tidy and finding a sun bed was never a problem (despite to early sun-bed baggers)! Be aware that when you go outside the hotel you are badgered constantly by taxis, camel rides and men wanting to show you where the 'good shops' are. Getting across the road to go to the beach through the sister hotel (Ghazala beach) is a bit like running the gauntlet. This was worse for the women and I would advise taking a man with you even if its just to do a bit of shopping!
Having just returned it was hot! Averaging over 40oC - the air conditioning inside the rooms was good (if not a little noisy) - and the mosquitoes (especially at night) are quite bad. Definitely take anti mosquito spray and some insect bite cream.
Food: unfortunately this lets the hotel down a bit mostly because there is not the variety in the buffet restaurants you would expect from a 4 star hotel - the salads are fresh, but there is a lack of meat dishes - most days there was a 'stew' of some description, a fish dish and cold cuts (processed slices). The three a la carte restaurants you have to book a day in advance for but these did offer a variation to the buffet menu and a higher quality of meal. Having said this if you wanted anything a bit different its extra (quite a lot extra if you have already paid for all inclusive). On the Friday we were all treated to a 'gala meal' from the buffet restaurant and this was amazing and proves that the variety and quality of the food can be achieved!! Yes - we did suffer from the usual tummy upset just about everyone we met had had, but I put this down to more the change in water/ environment that a proper tummy bug.
The several bars around the hotel are ok - you have to come to these watering holes to get water during the day (by the glass) as bottled water was only supplied every second day or so in your room. Be warned that there are two bar menus - one for all inclusive and one which is extra - to get a proper cocktail it's about £5 -£6 British pounds -if the bar staff offer to make you a cocktail establish which one first as in my naivety I just said 'yes please' thinking it was all inclusive only to find that my husband was charged £6 at the end of the night!! (Lucky i only had one)! also the all inclusive option finishes at midnight - all drinks after this time you must pay for. The restaurant and bar staff obviously work long hours and this is reflected in the service you get as they understandably get tired and run down. On eating at the Mexican bar by myself one afternoon I was greeted by an obviously fed up waiter who asked 'what'? Having said that, most of the staff were pleasant (especially the buffet staff who were always friendly).
Tipping is expected - but I'm afraid doesn't necessarily mean you always get good service. We ran out of toilet paper one day and on asking for more were told it was coming, three hours later we asked again, another three hours later we eventually got a roll of toilet paper!! the communal toilets at the back of our block (15) were smelly and had no toilet paper at all (at any time)! A £1 tip is considered 'normal'. On our return coach to the airport the driver wanted £1 per piece of luggage (we had 4 cases) we gave him a pound and after refusing to give him more we got our own bags out of the boot!
The rooms are tired looking and the sheets have seen a lot of mileage - but it's clean - again not 4 star accommodation but ok. The chocolate, crips and water in the mini bar is all extra (£1.40 for a mars bar).
The chaos at Sharm airport on arrival and leaving was expected but really draining - expect to queue :/
All in all we had a holiday of guaranteed sunshine and a lovely pool to sit beside. Considering what we paid I don't think it was value for money compared to other places we have been to and it was certainly not all-inclusive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gillxx1
GMOffice, Guest Relation at Ghazala Gardens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Gill,
We appreciate your time to leave us your comments thank you.
Its nice to read that you did enjoy our unsurpassed lagoon pool set in our beautiful grounds surrounding the hotel to just sit back, relax and simply enjoy your day.
Naturally we are saddened to read that the buffet restaurants didn’t meet your expectations. We do offer themed nights in our Olive gardens buffet and live stations in our Fountain buffet every evening from French,Italian,International,Asian,Chinese,Meditaranien,Egyption cuisines and much more.Our 3 A la cartes restaurnats are all part of the "All Inclusive program", and only Premium items such as Lobster, and certain Seafood dishes incur an extra charge only. Thanks for your comments regarding our Fantastic Gala Night our weekly event and always a popular night with all our guests, fabulous food and spectacular entertainment for all to enjoy and not to be missed.
Upon guest request extra water will be sent to the room if required, also your points have been noted regarding the toilet roll and passed onto to our Housekeeping Team.
Best regards Gill,