“Fantanstic Hotel”
Review of Jaz Belvedere

Jaz Belvedere
Ranked #22 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We arrived at the Jaz Belvedere during the troubles in Egypt and was not quiet sure what to expect. We were pleasantly delighted to receive a warm welcome and found there to be no trouble in the region at all. Many tourists have been put off I am sure by recent problems but we are glad we decided to go in the end. The hotel is a nice size not too big yet not too small. The beech is a good size with shallow bathing near to the beech. The rooms are clean and a nice size. The food was excellent with a wide choice, we did how ever have difficulty in trying to get a poached egg cooked in the mornings and had to stick to omelets but they were cooked to perfection with your choice of filling. The hotel does cater mainly for Italian guests but this was not a problem for us, the Italians we met were friendly. Katie and her husband Pop are reps for English holiday makers and are so helpful, I don’t know what we would have done without them. The last few days of our holiday only 4 rooms out of over 300 were occupied (all by English guests) which meant we had the hotel to ourselves. Katie and Pop organized things so we all met up for dinner and drinks in the evening, making the last few days of our stay so enjoyable. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. One thing we did find, we were pestered somewhat by the massage staff who do try and get you to use their services, a tip is if your don’t like this sort of approach, our reps told us to get a do not disturb sign from the towel man and they are no longer allowed to approach you. Water is available at the restaurants and bar area but if you wish you take some back to your rooms I would advise taking 3 or 4 small bottles with you so you can fill them up. We took a travel kettle with us but you can hire one for 3 or 4 euros a day. All in al we had a wonderful time and would have no hesitation in going back. Dennis and Tracey, London

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DennisBarney

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Just returned from a short stay in Egypt. Hotel was just ok, nice pool, and outside areas, however a few things not to my satisfaction.

Food: Went all inclusive and the food was literally the same every single meal ! Have never been to a hotel which had this.. Pasta was also terrible which was surprised at as the hotel mainly catered to the Italians. If you enjoy variety this is not the place for you.

Spa facilities: were certainly not 5* I would not have had a treatment there if it was free.

Beach was nice, and entertainment staff were friendly..however again all were in Italian, however i was happy to listen to music and sunbathe so didn't bother me.

Tv: nothing really in english and films shown were poor, nothing on tv to entertain.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2011

As an elderly English couple we were very surprised to find that the hotel was totally geared towards Italian families with young children. The food was plentiful but of a very poor standard. Dining room resembled 1950s holiday camp and had a pervasive and unpleasant smell. The "heated" pool was too cold for swimming and the indoor pool does not exist! The a la carte restaurant was always empty and had the same menu every night and this made it a very uninviting option.
The staff were friendly and the hotel is in a good position but there is a construction site next door.
I would only recommend this hotel to Italian families with no taste buds and who were not looking for 5 star accommodation.

1  Thank travellingran
Reviewed January 16, 2011

great five star hotel food exellent immaculate rooms hotel staff reception and bar very friendly cant do enough for you would recommend

Reviewed January 15, 2011

I arrived at this hotel during the night and had no problems with the staff or with the set up of my room - it was clean and spacious with a nice view of the beach outside.

The hotel complex is a sprawling number of buildings positioned in between freshly cut lawns and flower bushes - the swimming pool is like a mini-water park with different areas for the kids, I think there are three pools in total. There was always a sun bed available though I might add I went in January. To add to this, the hotel has direct access to the beach - I could get there from my hotel room in a matter of minutes.

The buffet has a wide variety food to eat with themed nights such as Mexican Night although after a week I wanted something different - however this is not a criticism but my own preference. The local beer tasted good - as did the wine :-)

There are a variety of daytime events but I couldnt tell you much about them as i wasnt interested in them and as a result I didnt participate.

The staff here are wonderful - once I asked for my minibar fridge to be looked at as I thought it was broken adn literally within minutes of getting back to my room there was someone there to fix the problem - this was the same for any query or request.

In short I would recommend ths hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing tranquil holiday alone, as a couple or with family.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank fixon
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I have to say that I am not one that is overly picky and we have stayed at 3 stars or less many times, but the Jazz Belvedere while looking at the beautiful Hotel itself, falls way short of being considered even close to what they claim to be a "5" star hotel. The staff was great an no complaints on that. The room we had was close to the beach and was nice with good linens as should be. We were there just before New Years and was sold on the Kids club per our travel agent. Well, the kids club as others mentioned is geared towards Italians not Americans or other nationalities and really lacks a clear purpose or set activities. My son was lucky he met with another family from Norway that seemed friendly and provided more companisionship than the Kids club could ever do. We were off diving, so that was one gripe I have about that. The other thing and probably the biggest complaint I have is how can any supposedly "5" star hotel that caters to Italians (who know good food) serve by far the worst food I have ever had on our entire trip. I like to watch people and almost everyone seemed discontent on their meals. Usually at a buffett you can at least find something to eat and the pasta....well not fit for even an animal as far as I was concerned. I have been to Italy and if I were an Italian I would find disgrace that the food was so bad. The only decent meal we had over our 4 day stay there was in the Old Market area and on our Dive boat. They need to hire a better executive Chef because that was the nastiest food I ever have eaten. Between that and our Nile cruise I lost 15 pounds. Management if you are reading this you need to serve better food. Also, it was very far away from what they consider the Old Market area which was quaint and fun to visit. This hotel was sandwiched next to a construction area and real close to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kwdonaldson
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We are a couple who flew out on 01 January on the BA flight from Gatwick, the flight was the usual excellent standard you would expect fro BA, We booked the Jaz Belvedere hotel for the night before to ensure that the room would be ready for our very early arrival on the 02 January. Also called the hotel the day before to arrange limo service from the airport.
When we arrived the limo was waiting fr us outside arrivals and we were met by a very friendly hotel staff driver who swiftly loaded our cases and took us direct to the hotel the cost of this service was 15 euro for the car.

At the hotel we were greeted by the hotel Manager and within 5mins we had our room keys and were escorted to our room, (we had booked a family superior room for the extra room for the 2 of us ) the size of the room did not disapoint and was spotlessly clean. a 3minute walk from the room and we were in the pool, and a 5min walk to the very uncrowded beach.

Our bathroom did not have a bath tub, but a very nice walkin shower come wet room, with toiletries, slippers and bathrobe provided. The one thing i would add about the shower is that at certain times of the day when other guests are getting ready to go to dinner the hot water is not as hot as it could be.

there is only one all inclusive restaurant, the other is chargeable and the price for a set meal is 35 euro per person ( sea food )

the food is adequate for the price paid, and ranged from a selection of soups, salads 3 different meats and puddings.... on certain nights they have theme evenings ranging from international foods to egypitian and bar b que night..... every night there is pasta to cater for the italian guests.... (more on that in a momnent )

The hotel is more geared to Italian and Russian guests, as stated in previous posts on here..... however, there are 2 guest relation officers there Kate and her Husband who are there only for UK guests and went out of there way to make us feel welcome and helped with anything that needed attention. The evening entertainment is lacking any English input or style. And only geared for Italian or Russian guests.

About 10mins in a taxi is soho square which is a pupose built area from the Savoy group which offers excellent restaurants and bars and other entertainment venues for the whole family.

During the day we spent the day at the beach, and purchased a 1 hour trip on a speedboat booked through the hotel which cost a total of £100 for the boat. Our driver took us over to Tiran Island which was stunning and allowed us to snorkel or wander the Island at our own pace before an excellent fast trip back tothe main land, he even let me and my partner drive the boat both ways, which was great fun.

Also booked a Hot stone massage at the hotel spa, which cost £80 each for 70mins which was again excellent, with very friendly and professional staff.

Would i return to this hotel...... hmmmm yes and no, without a doubt the staff are so helpfull and friendly, the rooms clean and the food ok. But no water provided for you in the room or at the hotel, without paying for it, which for all inclusive is very unusual and does let it down, Also there is constant music being played at the pool bar from 0900 to midnight which becomes annoying after a short time.

But you again have to remember that this hotel only cost us £49 per person per night!! which is excellent value. ( booked independently ) not involving a travel agent . So for us it was excellent value for money.

And I can not fault any of the staff whatsoever.... from the waiters to reception, to massage spa staff and pool staff, all were excellent and very attentive.

hope this post helps you out a bit :)

3  Thank mikeypaul