The STAFF were good, all appeared to enjoy their jobs...which is always a good start. The FOOD was great, a lot better than we were expecting as we are not fans of the 'buffet'. There was always plenty of choice and variety every evening, but dont go expecting chips... none served all week (a good thing in my opinion), plenty of fresh fruit, fish, vegetables, chicken etc and choice. They cater well for the italians which is great if you are a fan of Italian food, there was a pasta bar each evening and the freshly made pizzas at the poolside snack bar were the best i have ever tasted.
The GYM is not great but adequate, a couple running machines, weights machine, execise bike (which was not working whilst we were there) and some free weights....enough to do a reasonable work out.
The SPA has a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which is all free of charge. The staff will pester you to book a massage, we had one, they are not cheap but very good and definately relaxing . Avoid going late afternoon as the kids tended to use the jacizzi and were noisy at times. If you book as a couple they have private massage rooms.
We never saw any of the evening entertainment as this is not our thing.
The BEACH was great, clean and well maintained. Lots of sports activities if thats your thing. A bar on the beachfront serving whatever drinks you wanted.
POOLSIDE I agree there was a lot of noisy activities at the poolside throughout the day, all in Italian, but this could be escaped by going to the beach so not a real problem.
LOCATION Having been to Egypt before we had done all the tourist trips etc so stayed on the resort all week so cannot comment on anything nearby. However the hotel is only 10-15 minutes from the airport so the transfer was great.
OVERALL we had a great week and if we decide to go back to Egypt for a get away would definately go back to this hotel over any others. Very good value for money; better than the Hilton in Taba.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaz Belvedere Resort is situated in El Montazah, Sharm El- Sheikh with direct and exclusive access to its own stunning beach; making this five-star resort the ideal place for your luxury holiday in Egypt. It is located just 10 km from Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and around 20 km from Sharm El-Sheikh’s centre of Naama Bay. The resort combines an impressive range of features and facilities, atmospherically styled with touches of traditional Arabian-Moroccan architecture. Jaz Belvedere has been certified to ISO 14001:2004, the Internationally recognised regime that assures first class management of environmental impact and is also a certified Green Star hotel, committed to sustainable environmentally friendly practice. Jaz Belvedere is unquestionably an outstanding luxury holiday resort in Sharm El-Sheikh and one of the finest luxury hotels in Egypt. Attentive individual service, high quality, daily entertainment programmes and unforgettable opportunities for diving in one of the most beautiful underwater environments in the world, adds to Jaz Belvedere's charm and vibrant ambiance. All rooms offer stunning sea or garden views and are furnished to a high standard with a balcony or terrace with furniture. Hotel facilities include restaurants serving light and healthy cuisine with a local and international flair that will satisfy the appetite of any gourmet. You can be as active or relaxed as you choose with a selection of leisure activities including table tennis, floodlit tennis courts (charged extra), beach volleyball and a fully equipped multi-purpose gym amongst other leisure facilities for you to enjoy. The hotel benefits from beachfront pools, bustling bars and super daily animation programs, live musicians in the evening and the Mazazik Discotheque for you to party. Onsite shopping facilities are available and a PADI diving centre (courses charged extra). Wireless internet access is available in public areas free for all guests (higher speed is available at charge) to help keep you in touch, while the in-house doctor is on hand to deal with any medical problems. The 24-hour concierge service will cater to your every need, no matter what time of day and the hotel’s laundry service will keep you fresh. Relax in the knowledge that your children will be royally entertained at the Kids Club with their own playground area and freshwater swimming pool, while there is also an onsite spa centre with free Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room for all guests, with treatments at extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jaz Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Belvedere Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Belvedere Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol y Mar Belvedere