“Animation minus =(”

Ranked #41 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Moscow, Russia
“Animation minus =(”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

So, I'd like to tell you about my experience of living in this hotel.

The sea is good, the water-pool ok too

the restourant - sometimes there was not anough fruits, but apples, oranges were always. Sometimes there was water-mellons and grapes. And there were not anough meat for everybody.

The waiters were quite polite, but the best is two BARMEN in the lobby-bar. They were quick, polite, do-well their job. one barman in the snack-bar was a bit agrassive.

The most negative emotions - it's animation. Yes, may be they are funny for somebody, but! I saw, how one of animation team offenced lady from UK.
She wrote a complaint about him. BUT THE CHEF ANIMATION teared her complaint I SAW IT.
It was Alex.
I don't think, that thats good to behave this way.

And the other animation - I like very much girls in the kids club - Ira and Mary - they were always smiling. And Max - sometimes I spoke with him - very clever man and funny.
Moka-he always tried to attract girls and i heared - sometimes he wanted to have sexual relations with the tourists. Bad( Omar - funny little boy, but sometimes he was rude.

The best evenings were when there were show - fire-show or dnce show. Comedy show were sometinmes for adults +16, but in the theatre were CHILDREN.

In the holet a lot of Italian, some russian and some german.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
AhmedMahmoudRDM, Manager at Jaz Belvedere, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback about your experience at our hotel over all the holiday at the Jaz Belvedere.

While thanking you for your kind words toward the staff friendliness, the swimming pool service and the daily show.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced from the fruits variety and some of our animation and bar employees attitude, which did not meet your expectations. We have taken your comments seriously to rectify any shortfalls in our operations, and please rest assured that we are at all-time taking appropriate measures to address any of our esteemed guests reporting and if your comments were received during your stay with us through any of the conversations with our guest relation or any of the hotel management team, we would have directly handled them to your entire satisfaction that is of most importance to us.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your valuable comment, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

Ahmed Mahmoud
Rooms Division Manager - Jaz Belvedere Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cairo
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed last May & i really enjoyed it. I made a call on 26 september to ask about the prices. When i knew the rate, i asked why they are higher than the rates online. I've got one of the most annoying replies you can ever receive . I don't know from where do they get these people from.They need to be much more polite when answering inquires especially with repeated guests.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank simoblue
AhmedMahmoudRDM, Manager at Jaz Belvedere, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Our Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your positive feedback about your previous experience at our hotel over all the holiday at the Jaz Belvedere.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologist for any inconvenience you experienced during your telephone call to book at Jaz Belvedere. We have taken your comment seriously, and it will be my pleasure to help you with any query you have on booking the hotel on my e-mail (rdm@jazbelvedere.com) for more clarifications.

Once again, we thank you for sharing your valuable comment, and we hope to welcome you back soon to our hotel.

Ahmed Mahmoud
Rooms Division Manager - Jaz Belvedere Resort
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were catered to every day by Gorgeous Egyptian men.. Made us feel like Queens. The Red Sea is awesome as well as the snorkeling. The snorkllng guides made us feel safe all the time.

I went to the market by myself and was taken care of by the Jaz Belvadere by linking me up with a taxi driver that showed me where to go in the Old Market. There is one ATM in the Market Bazaar as all the vendors did not have a Visa Master Card credit card machine. They dealt only in cash and there was an accessible ATM to withdraw cash.

The vendors were honest and kind, and I felt safe in spite of recent events in Cairo.. Sharm is a different world. I recommend it!!!

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Bit of a delay in my review, got back from Jaz at the beginning of September. Firstly want to mention the animation team! Moka and Omar were fantastic, always talking and walking around with smiles on there faces. They were about day and night making sure all guests were happy and just generally getting to know everyone! It was great getting to know them both and made me laugh so much! This hotel wouldn't be the same without either of them massive credit to them both! All the staff were fantastic around the rest of the hotel, 5 star treatment anything you need the staff are more than happy to help out. The hotel was well looked after and kept very clean, rooms were spacious and cleaned on a daily basis. On our first evening we arrived quite late and didn't make it in time for any food at the restaurant. We had been in our room for about 30 minutes when there was a knock on the door. They had put together a small plate of food for us which was much needed! Food was ok but with there being so little people about from other countries in the area at the moment its difficult to cook a range of different foods. I would most certainly come back to this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katherine W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from the Jaz Belvedere, and had a wonderful week of rest and relaxation. The hotel and its staff were all wonderful. And they are coping very well considering the tough times they are having with reduced number of holiday makers. We would love to return at some time as the location was perfect, right on the beach with plenty of coral and fish to explore. Room cleaners were amazing as were all the waiters and customer services. The 'Gok Wan' singer was especially entertaining :-D We met some very nice people during our stay. The only disappointment was having to endure the constant moaning from other holiday makers about the food. If you want steak and chips every night - stay at home!!

Room Tip: Go for a high floor, they have vaulted ceilings and lovely big balconies overlooking the sea, sunny...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mel n Don W
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just got back from a super fab holiday and it was topped off by my birthday celebrations, the animation team worked extremely hard and give a full days entertainment that carried on into the evening, with funny games and entertainers to end a perfect day. Will be booking very soon for next year just hope any trouble in Cairo doesn't stop people from visiting the resort. Any thing you need all you do is ask the staff and all are willing to do more than you have asked. Towel art was taken to a new level by staff and the rooms are clean and beautiful with a view of the sea, a view i could wake up to every morning.

Room Tip: pool view with a view of the sea
Alfreton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This holiday was my first visit to Egypt and it won't be my last it was brilliant especially the animation (entertainment) team, moka, omr were so friendly and made the holiday for me I met so many friendly people I intend to book again for next year and hope that the staff are still there so I can see them again :) I really enjoyed the food my room was lovely and the cleaner made some amazing towel art we had swans, crocodiles monkeys heart you name it they made it overally a fantastic holiday and really didn't want to come home

Room Tip: The pool side sea view rooms are definitely the best the view is brilliant