From the start of our holiday, to the end, we had a perfect time in an amazing hotel. On our arrival, it's seemed only a few minutes drive from airport, and I was quite worried that it seemed in close proximity, however during our stay, we never heard it, and only saw a few planes overhead.
We were met by a very polite manager at the reception and everything was explained, we enjoyed a lovely refreshing drink, and the A/C of the beautiful lobby, whilst everything else was being processed. We were taken to our room on the fastest golf buggy in the world, and the very pleasant chap took our bags up to our room. We had a free safe, which the chap explained, and was a huge benefit.
Our room was beautiful, lovely and clean, with a beautiful sea view. Our room was immaculate, each and every day. The free tea, coffee and water was another luxury. The bed was to die for! I miss it now I'm home!
The view was amazing! We could see Tiran island, the coral and the ship wreck. Unfortunately the other area that doesn't belong to the hotel was a bit scrappy, but it is out of their control and didn't spoil the view.
The garden areas are beautiful and immaculately kept, there is always someone painting, cleaning, or gardening.
The pool areas are also very well kept, there aren't that many sun beds, but there are plenty on the beach, which is a 1 minute walk away. If you get up early, there are lots of beds, but we were quite lazy.
The beach is really well kept, lots and lots of beds available, with shades attached.
There are a few hawkers on the beach and the do pester you when you first arrive, but they are very pleasant, and if you decline what they are offering they generally leave you alone. We received a good tip from the animation team, which was to go to the furthest end of the beach, closest to the ship wreck and you generally get left alone. It is a bit of a walk to the beach bar, which is a fair swap.
The snorkelling was amazing, we did have to look for it, and it was quite a walk till you found it, but it was out of this world, lots of beautiful fish and marine life. There is a floating pontoon at a neighbouring hotel that is available for use, so this gets you into the water quicker, but you have to do a bit of searching to find the coral. Also, there are a few boats and windsurfers, so be careful.
We found that if you walked off the hotels beach and on to the other beach and walked up closer to the ship wreck, (north) it was a better view, with less traffic and amazing coral. There is a sandbank, that you an walk on to, it's very safe and puts you straight into the water to enjoy the sights. If you know that you enjoy snorkelling, I would recommend that you invest in a good snorkel to enjoy the marine life.
The staff were amazing, we did tip and although the service was amazing, with tipping, it ensured that we were very well looked after, to the point where we hardly had to get up to go to the bar.
The Rihanna restaurant was excellent, lots of choice and differed most days. As a veggie, there was lots of choice for me, sometimes I hadn't looked closely enough and some veggie dishes did have some meat in it, but it only happened a few times. The chef offered plenty of times to prepare something especially for me, but there was so much other choice, it wasn't required. It is amazing that they are so attentive to offer this service. The Pool bar also offered a selection of snack food, which was also very tasty and prepared to order.
We had one visit to the a la carte, and the portions were huge, packed with lots of flavour.
We had a really attentive waiter in the Rihanna restaurant, the place was immaculate with people constantly cleaning.
There were always plenty of seats and it was a bit busy when the restaurant first opens at meal times, but if you go a bit later, then you avoid the hustle and bustle. We didn't have any line jumpers, as the staff were very good at asking people to go to the back.
There is always plenty to eat and drink, we especially enjoyed afternoon tea in the upstairs bar from 16:00 onwards. The coffee is to die for!
We had such a lovely stay and felt very spoilt, the hotel was beautiful. The cocktails and beer were fantastic, about 8 cocktails to chose from, but you can pay for others if you wish.
The complex had everything that we wanted, there is a little shop to the left of the reception, they sell everything and is great if you've forgotten something.
A couple of times a day they have aqua gym, they do turn the music up, but it's not too noticeable and you can always move if you find it too much, but it didn't affect us at all.
The hotels do have a big mixture of nationalities, and we didn't find it an issue, and it was quite nice not being surrounded by lots of English people. They have entertainment on in the night, and lost of activities in the day, you can be as busy or as lazy as you like.
We had a lovely time and were looked after by Ashley and Katy the customer relations team, they are on hand if you have any problems, which we didn't have, but was nice to know that they would help if need be.
We really can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaz Belvedere has direct and exclusive access to Montaza Beach in Sharm El- Sheikh, making this five-star resort the ideal place for your luxury holiday in Egypt. It is just 10 km from Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and about 20 km from Sharm El-Sheikh town centre. The resort combines an impressive range of features and facilities, atmospherically styled with touches of traditional Arabian-Moroccan architecture. Jaz Belvedere has been certified to ISO 14001:2004, the Internationally recognised regime that assures first class management of environmental impact. Jaz Belvedere is unquestionably an outstanding luxury holiday resort in Sharm El-Sheikh and one of the finest luxury hotels in Egypt. Attentive individual service, high quality, daily entertainment programmes and unforgettable opportunities for diving in one of the most beautiful underwater environments in the world, adds to Jaz Belvedere's charm and vibrant ambience. Hotel facilities include a selection of restaurants serving light and healthy cuisine with a local and International flair that will satisfy the appetite of any gourmet. You can be as active or relaxed as you choose with a selection of leisure activities including table tennis, floodlit tennis courts (charged extra), beach volleyball and a fully equipped fitness centre, and beachfront pools, bustling bars and the Mazazik Discotheque, shopping facilities and a PADI diving centre (courses charged extra). Wireless internet access in public areas (charged extra) will help keep you in touch while an in-house doctor is on hand to deal with any medical problems. A 24-hour concierge service will cater to your every need, no matter what time of day and a laundry service will keep you fresh and you can relax knowing that your children will be royally entertained at the Kids Club with their own playground area and freshwater swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jaz Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Belvedere Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Belvedere Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol y Mar Belvedere