I think the frequency with which people leave their reviews for this hotel is in itself a testament to how good it is.
My husband and I spent 11 nights there at the end of February/beginning of March and we are definitely going back next year! We usually go to Gran Canaria at this time of the year, but after a short research I discovered that 11 nights All Inclusive in this hotel would cost us slightly less than what we usually end up spending on a self catering basis in GC for just 7 nights, so in terms of value for money this really was an excellent choice!
What sets Jaz Belvedere apart is the customer service. It's absolutely true what a lot of people said here: both staff and management simply couldn't do enough to cater to your every whim. Katy (Customer Relations Manager) is excellent and if you have any suggestions or issues, she will sort them out and more. I made an observation that I was surprised lamb didn't figure on the menu more often. So they got some lamb chops especially for me. My hubby commented on the local wine (part of All Inclusive package) not being to his taste, whoosh: the Food & Beverage Manager appeared at our sun loungers the same afternoon and ended up sending a "proper" bottle of white wine to our room free of charge. We really didn't expect this and were quite embarrassed by the amount of trouble these guys went to to make our stay that little bit extra special.
There is so much choice in terms of food that it really is a bit silly to complain about it being repetitive. I loved their daily choice of two tasty soups (different flavours for lunch and for dinner), which surprisingly went down rather well in the hot climate!
You may come across the guys at the bar or the towel shack asking you to change money. What they mean is that a lot of guests tip them in pound or euro coins. The locals are unable to change these in their banks, so what they're asking for is to change the coins into notes, or even better, change them straight into Egyptian pounds if you happen to have lots with you. You can change the currency in the hotel, but the currency desk is only open for an hour during the day (sorry, can't exactly remember between what times).
Another tip: go to the cocktail evening with the management. Once you get to know a few of the managers apart from Katy, you will be treated even more like a VIP - it's well worth it!
This was our first trip to Sharm, but when we go again, we won't be looking for another hotel. Why fix it if it ain't broken? Besides, I really look forward to being able to use the new refurbished spa, which by then should definitely be in operation.
All in all, we had an excellent and relaxing break in the sunshine and can't wait to visit back next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaz Belvedere Resort is situated in El Montazah, Sharm El- Sheikh with direct and exclusive access to its own stunning beach; making this five-star resort the ideal place for your luxury holiday in Egypt. It is located just 10 km from Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and around 20 km from Sharm El-Sheikh’s centre of Naama Bay. The resort combines an impressive range of features and facilities, atmospherically styled with touches of traditional Arabian-Moroccan architecture. Jaz Belvedere has been certified to ISO 14001:2004, the Internationally recognised regime that assures first class management of environmental impact and is also a certified Green Star hotel, committed to sustainable environmentally friendly practice. Jaz Belvedere is unquestionably an outstanding luxury holiday resort in Sharm El-Sheikh and one of the finest luxury hotels in Egypt. Attentive individual service, high quality, daily entertainment programmes and unforgettable opportunities for diving in one of the most beautiful underwater environments in the world, adds to Jaz Belvedere's charm and vibrant ambiance. All rooms offer stunning sea or garden views and are furnished to a high standard with a balcony or terrace with furniture. Hotel facilities include restaurants serving light and healthy cuisine with a local and international flair that will satisfy the appetite of any gourmet. You can be as active or relaxed as you choose with a selection of leisure activities including table tennis, floodlit tennis courts (charged extra), beach volleyball and a fully equipped multi-purpose gym amongst other leisure facilities for you to enjoy. The hotel benefits from beachfront pools, bustling bars and super daily animation programs, live musicians in the evening and the Mazazik Discotheque for you to party. Onsite shopping facilities are available and a PADI diving centre (courses charged extra). Wireless internet access is available in public areas free for all guests (higher speed is available at charge) to help keep you in touch, while the in-house doctor is on hand to deal with any medical problems. The 24-hour concierge service will cater to your every need, no matter what time of day and the hotel’s laundry service will keep you fresh. Relax in the knowledge that your children will be royally entertained at the Kids Club with their own playground area and freshwater swimming pool, while there is also an onsite spa centre with free Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room for all guests, with treatments at extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Jaz Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Belvedere Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Belvedere Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol y Mar Belvedere