From the minute we got out of the taxi we were looked after in every way and highly recommend.
We were escorted around the hotel and grounds and explained where everything was. We were left at our room and our bags were brought along 10 mins later. We were in 1018, a 1st floor room,with a sea view and it was brilliant. Towel art swan on the bed(6ft wide bed) free safety deposit box,hair dryer,tv and kettle. Coffee and teas replaced each day. Also a stocked mini fridge which you are allowed to empty once before being charged for refills. free litre of water every day but our daily lad, Hussein, always brought two. There is also a laundry bag in the room for same day or next day cleaning. Two prs of shorts and 3 t shirts was £2.50. Hussein really looked after us and we were assured nothing would be too much trouble.
Free beach and pool towels, just hand in and get fresh ones daily. The pool was cool but it was December when we visited. Plenty of sun loungers round the pool and on the beach at any time of day.
The grounds and gardens were lovely and well maintained and cleaning around the hotel was always in evidence. there were also security guards around the site night and day.
Both restaurants were lovely. The main restaurant is large with a large selection of dishes at every meal. Yes sometimes a particular dish was not as hot as it could be, just tell the guy with the flat chefs hat and he will rectify, they really do want you to be happy with your stay. Their soups were fab and the pastry chef needs special mention, wow. No matter how fussy an eater you will always find something to suit and the table waiters are really happy to help.
We were staying over Xmas and we were treated to cocktails and canapés on the terrace, a belly dancer for entertainment and a gala dinner, and yes there was turkey! It was good too.
The pool bar is good for drinks and snacks but the snacks could be better. Mainly pizza, mini burgers and chips.
Any issues and Katie around reception will sort it. She will also approach you if you are a new arrival to ask if everything is ok. We even got a telephone call from main reception the day after arrival asking if everything in our room was ok and working.
Fellow guests were mainly Eastern European but they are trying really hard now to make it International.
If you are the type of holidaymaker who likes to just lie in the sun at the hotel and chill you need not read any further.............
If however, like us, you like to get out and about and walk then you may struggle. The Hotel is like an oasis in a desert. Not much round it but half prepared ground for further expansion or untidy beach. Once outside the boundary of the Hotel you realise how cocooned and safe you have been because we found the surrounding area and local people to be quite challenging to say the least. About 10mins walking on the beach there is a promenade front to other hotels again all manned by security guards and about 10 shops which you are pressed to visit by the owners each time you walk by and they are VERY insistent. Other than that there is nothing to see and you have to take a taxi.
Close by there is only Soho Square or Naama Bay.
Soho square has shops, restaurants and a British type pub. Unless you are eating 2hrs is a long enough visit.
Naama bay we did not like at all. The people were rude and the place was dirty. One individual even tried to convince us that our hotel taxi had changed drivers to try and get us into one of his taxis. the place is chaotic and we would never go back.
But we would certainly re visit the hotel Jaz Belvedere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaz Belvedere has direct and exclusive access to Montaza Beach in Sharm El- Sheikh, making this five-star resort the ideal place for your luxury holiday in Egypt. It is just 10 km from Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport and about 20 km from Sharm El-Sheikh town centre. The resort combines an impressive range of features and facilities, atmospherically styled with touches of traditional Arabian-Moroccan architecture. Jaz Belvedere has been certified to ISO 14001:2004, the Internationally recognised regime that assures first class management of environmental impact. Jaz Belvedere is unquestionably an outstanding luxury holiday resort in Sharm El-Sheikh and one of the finest luxury hotels in Egypt. Attentive individual service, high quality, daily entertainment programmes and unforgettable opportunities for diving in one of the most beautiful underwater environments in the world, adds to Jaz Belvedere's charm and vibrant ambience. Hotel facilities include a selection of restaurants serving light and healthy cuisine with a local and International flair that will satisfy the appetite of any gourmet. You can be as active or relaxed as you choose with a selection of leisure activities including table tennis, floodlit tennis courts (charged extra), beach volleyball and a fully equipped fitness centre, and beachfront pools, bustling bars and the Mazazik Discotheque, shopping facilities and a PADI diving centre (courses charged extra). Wireless internet access in public areas (charged extra) will help keep you in touch while an in-house doctor is on hand to deal with any medical problems. A 24-hour concierge service will cater to your every need, no matter what time of day and a laundry service will keep you fresh and you can relax knowing that your children will be royally entertained at the Kids Club with their own playground area and freshwater swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jaz Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Belvedere Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Belvedere Sharm El Sheikh
- Sol y Mar Belvedere