“...after a wonderful holiday!”

Turquoise Beach Hotel
Ranked #205 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Milan, Italy
“...after a wonderful holiday!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is not huge and very simple, but comfortable!
the kitchen is good, there is a lot of food and a lot of choice. in front of the hotel, just few seconds wolking, there is the beach,clean and equipped: with the pedalò is possible to reach the coral reef in 15 min.
the hotel is near the old market (5 min wolking), and is also possible to reach nama bay or "il mercato" in a little time with a taxi (but pay attention: it's necessary to negociate the price!).
the all-inclusive is good, and the rooms are always clean.
but the best thing of the hotel is the staff: always polite, kind and very helpful!
in my opinion it could be the best hotel in sharm for young people!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank ajda20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hotel Is Nice,
Food:
Food Not So Good For English People, Roast Potatoes For Breakfast, Bread Was Not Fresh For Toast. Me And My Boyfriend Lived On Pasta And Rice For Dinner And Tea Every Day. Apart From When They Had The BBQ On The Beach, It Was Very Nice To Eat Chicken And Kebabs.
If You Drink Vodka I Would Go The Local Shop And Buy Your Own, The One In The Hotel Is Discusting And Smells Like Rum.

Beach:
Very Nice, Plenty Of Beds.

Pool:
Clean & A Good Size
But No One At The Pool Bar Serveing, So We Stayed On The Beach EveryDay Where You Have To Pay For Drinks

Room:
Beds Are Rock Solid, It Was Like Sleeping On The Floor.
Rooms Are A Very Good Size And Cleaned Every Day. You Get A Safe Which You Do Not Have To Pay For, And Air Con You Dont Have To Pay For.

Staff:
Very Friendly And Helpful. Most Speak English But Not All. This Was Good As The Hotel Was Full Of Russians, Italians And Egyptians, Me And My Boyfriend Were The Only English In The Hotel, It Was Nice To Hear Someone Speak English.

Location:
Close To The Old Market, 5 Mins Walk.
El Mercato Is Very Nice To Vist As You Dont Get Pestered. Their Is A English Steak House There Too, Its Ran By A Man From London. Very Nice Food, Its Opposite Mc Donalds.

Over All I Would Not Stay At This Hotel Again But If You Want A Cheap Holiday, Dont Mind Being The Only English And Are Not A Fussy Eater Then Its The Place For You.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Zoe L
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Before i start this I would like to say that the staff at this hotel are great and this review is about the hotel not them.
The hotel is old and past it we were a party of 8 so we had 4 rooms we were told that they were the best in the hotel god help us ,the bathrooms were fall apart they were past it , the food was past bad ,pasta fish and fatty beef in a sauce for every meal it was never hot and the tins never had much in them. We could not eat on the beach as they closed the resturant down 5 years ago along with the supermarket, shop ,money exchange and outside bar we were not told this and it is still advertised as being open.in the 2 weeks we were there the pool was cleaned once also the place is moving in ants and mosquitos they smoked the grounds once. The hotel had a lot of Russians in it and there holiday was let's sit in the pool all day and get drunk pass out on a sun bed and start again not nice for kids to see. The beach was great but you had to cross the main Cairo road to get to it not great with my 78 year old parents .we went all inclusive but we had to go out at night to eat the food was so bad.we have been going to sharm for 15 years and though we would try a different hotel never again our £800 holiday cost us double that what with all the extras we had to pay for . This hotel is in need of some major help and I would not recommend it untill this happens. If it had not been for the staff we would have been home or moved hotel after the first day I did fell sorry for them as there was nothing they could do all the problems are all down to management they are happy to take your money and give you nothing for it . I will be going back to sharm we love it but not to the turquoise

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
18 Thank Margaret G

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Istra, Russia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was my first trip to Sharm. I wanted have relax in quiet place. and i have got it.
The rooms in 3rd building are not so good because in bath room you can`t find a bath, only shower cabin without fencing. I think that it was one problem in my vacations.
Room is very clear without bedbugs etc. Wondefrul sea view from your room.
Staff was very nice and helpful. Especially, i want to note Mostafa in the bar on the beach.
Food was different every day and taste. Many thanks to cooks!
Hotel`s territory is green. Beach is clear, in the see i didn`t find the corals, only sand.
If you want go to watersports John will help you (you can find him on the beach).

it`s very nice hotel for rest and relax!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Svetlana T
portsmouth
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel has recenlty been taken over by Swiss Inn - and based on the old bad reviews, that is a good thing - so please ignore all the reviews pre 2012 as they are no longer reflective of the hotel as it is now.

We just returned after 2 week stay 5-19 May 2012 - and cannot be more happy with how relaxed the holiday was.

Yes - there were some people who attracted quite a number of bites (mossies NOT fleas)
I spent a lot of time around the pool and had no bites to speak of - so perhaps those people were unlucky to have let mossies in their rooom at night ?

The pool and pool bar were great (Husseins bar service with a smile) - some of the green matting around the pool was tatty but some had already been recenly replaced - so I am sure Swiss Inn are working on improvements - the pool itself was perfectly clean and a nice temperature to dip into when the breeze blew in a bit warm.

We had no problem at all with our room or the shower - all very clean and in good repair - and again this is probably because Swiss Inn are taking more care.

Hotel restaurant food in Egypt usually attracts reviews saying "boring and repetetive" BUT I can honestly say that over the 2 weeks we did not have any part of the lunch/dinner main courses repeated (same basics but always a variation on how it was cooked/presented).
If you are a "chips and fish" type person then the food may not always be to your taste - but we found it quite varied and served by the most friendly chefs (especially Farouk)

ALL the staff were soooo freindly - I think they quite like to see the occasional UK guests as many of the holidayers were Russian or Italian - most of the staff speak fluent Russian and some Italian but fairly small amount of English - makes for quite interesting conversations

So overall the hoteal was perfect for us - and was extremeely good value for movey
Now would be the time to go while improvements are underway and before that results in greater prices.

Walking distance from the Old Market
Short drive from Naarma bay
Fantastic dive shop on-site - with whom I spent 3 days out snorkelling along with my partner who actually spent almost everyday diving. Dive shop is called "Only-Six" and true to their word they take no more than that on thier boat (whereas other shops cram as many people as possible on board) This made the boat traips very calm and relaxed with plentiful lunch midday.

The Red Sea has abosolutely the best colourful corals and fish to see (my only disappointment was that there was no snorkelling from the hotels beach)

Must not forget to metion the Dreams Massage team - I can reccommend the back massage as the ultimate chillax at the end of a hard days snorkelling/sunbathing - or as the relax on the final morning before heading off to the airport.

I would reccommend this hotel for anyone who just wants to chill out - is willing to try different foods - and maybe have some activity days in the mix (either snorkelling/diving or trips to Luxor/desert/camel ride etc)

Room Tip: Each Tuesday night there is a beach party on the beach across the road - which does run until 2-3 am...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank UK-dive-couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

04/2012: Room 4*, cleanness 4*, staff 5*, Pool 4* beach 4*, food 2* and anything else 2*. Please do not assume the Partner Turquoise Beach is 4* hotel as it is advertised in UK holiday pages, the hotel is 3* only at their homepage in Egypt, because in UK 4* means 3* in Egypt, standard is much more higher in Egypt then UK. Best way to judge any hotel abroad, go to their homepage directly.

Room Tip: old side and new side, pick new side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tof z
UK
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 14 nights.
The staff are very helpful and friendly, they always have a smile on their faces.

Downsides to this hotel:
Food- Very poor selection of starters main and desert, but what they do provide is reasonable quality, especially the vegetables. Salads average.

Poolside- badly worn and tatty, many of the guests were covered in bites from sand fleas which inhabit the pool floor area (in green matting ).
Pool bar. Staffed by one member only.(at busy times one would have to wait for a drink) For eight days of our holiday there was no tonic water or cola light.
Beach bar- same problem no tonic for 10 days and no cola light for 5.
Water- Only available by the glass after 10am and up till 10pm. (bought all own water by gallon from nearby old town)
Main bar closes to all inclusive at this time 10pm.

Rooms- Very clean, however we found a cockroach in bathroom on our first night. Shower diabolical- a trickle for every room apparently. After complaining a replacement came after 5 days, better improvement but due to poor water pressure still slow flowing.

Bed- Hard as a rock, also pillows, the most uncomfortable bed I have slept on in Egypt after many visits to various resorts.

Due to the petty mind ness of management extra charges could be imposed by loss of key to ones room, 100 English pounds, other charges could be applied to damages of sheets pillowcases, loss of towel cards, remote controls etc.
When we left on the 19th April 2012 a new rule came into affect- No drinks or food can be taken outside of the main restaurant which also included your room.

Beach into the sea - you will encounter a sludge type substance on the sea bed which I assume comes from the sewerage pipe running into the bay, also added from all the submarine and glass bottom boats toilets being emptied into the bay which are moored up at this bay near the hotel beach.

Positive points.

Great location away from the mad crowd of Nama bay, don't use taxis use the local service buses for 50p each way. Taxi can run up to £3 each way, normally £2 after bartering.

John on hotel beach hires water sports and also very good for all excursions, less than half price at the hotel.

Hotel is small and friendly, very clean except for pool area.

Staying in this hotel over the Easter break there was only one night with entertainment, although a big plus no silly animation team or repetitive music.

Snorkeling - walk to the left of bay right the way round after the jetty, past the police office box there is some fantastic fish to see both shallow and deep for scuba diving. Amazing.

Old town far more interesting than Nama bay, some great antique shops and only a short walk away. This would be a great hotel if the management got together and created a decent service for their guests, instead of sitting around at night smoking their bubble pipes, putting the world to rights instead of their hotel.

Ackmed (not sure how to spell his name) is a star, he is the beach boy, sorts all bubble pipes for guests at night at the age of 70 + an amazing character.

Once again the you get what you pay for.

This hotel is very difficult to place in a category of excellent, good or poor other than based on your experience staying in different locations in Egypt.

Based on my experience I would rate this hotel as the worst hotel I have stayed in, this is my point of view and not others.

Once again the you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose room above reception for quietness.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ImeldaUk
gm_sisharm, General Manager at Turquoise Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate your valuable comments about your stay at Turquoise Hotel which only recently became a member of Swiss Inn Hotels & Resorts.

We regret to read that your stay has not been up to your expectations. It is always our aim to ensure that all our guests spend an enjoyable vacation in our property. The mentioned pool side will undergo a complete renewal in the near future and the makeover will give it a fresh look. In your comments you also have been writing about the beach located at Sharm El Maya Bay. You have assumed that water from a sewerage pipe is running into the sea. Rest assured that this is not the case. It is forbidden by law all over Egypt.

Thank you again for your valuable review and we sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at Turquoise Swiss Inn Plaza Resort.

Simone Höch