“Dont be fooled by first appearances- its actually a lovely little place”
Review of Halomy Hotel

Halomy Hotel
Ranked #146 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ok, so having just come back from our stay at Halomy for 7 nights, i will be honest...
When we first arrived, yes we did look at eachother and think 'o dear what have we booked'. But really, we grew to love it!
The hotel is set on top of the cliff of naama bay, the view= Amazing.

We booked a double room, but when we arrived we had two singles. We spoke to the manager and reception staff and they changed our room to a first floor, with balcony, sea view and double bed. With no hassle. the staff were apologetic and accommodating!
Yes the rooms are a little run down, but they are clean, the towels are changed every day and the cleaner does a fantastic job in the rooms during your stay. The bathrooms could do with a bit of updating and yes there are brown rust marks here or there. But its nothing to worry about , dont be put off by it. It wont harm you!
The food is good, a bit samey but they do have to cater for all cultures and people, there is a selection so you can choose what you eat!
The staff are probably the loveliest staff we've ever met in any hotel we've stayed at around the world! They all remember your name and like a good chit chat and nothing was too much trouble for them!
Being on top of naama bay, you do hear all the music from the clubs in the bay until about 3am, but theres nothing they can do about that!
It could do with some evening entertainment as the bar for all inclusive shuts at 10 and after that you have to pay, but the barman is a good laugh and will stay there until whenever you leave, there is no set time for closing.
At the end of the day, for what we paid... we have no complaints really. If you read all these reviews and go with bad thoughts you wont enjoy it. Go with an open mind. We did, and we loved it!

Room Tip: Pay the little extra if needs be and get a room with a view. the view is spectacular. especially if...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Kerrie M

Reviewed January 24, 2013

me, my partner and three kids were booked into the halomy for two weeks, we lasted 1 hour.
on arrival the alarm bells were ringing as the outside is very run down but we went in hoping that appearances can decieve. they did. it got worse. the reception area was dirty and even more run down.
again we hoped for the best and were shown to our family room
it was unfit for a family of pigs it was filthy and smelled of well if i say it rhymes with spit you will get the idea
there was an item dirty underwear on the floor and was unfit for any sort of habitation
we did not even unpack
we headed back to reception where the man on the desk just smiled and shrugged his shoulders when we asked him to sort it out
we were transferred to the al diwan resort (the sister hotel) in sharks bay.
we are not fussy people and have stayed in budget hotels before so we do not expect 5 star at budget prices i cannot make comment on any other rooms but the room we were allocated was quite simply the worst i have ever seen

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank alanb473
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have just got back from sharm tonight and I thought I needed to let people out there not to do the same mistake I done and book this run down nightmare of a hotel if that's what you can call it.when I arrived I felt so disappointed the outside looks awful so not a good welcome, inside is even worse and then your room is disgusting,toilet/shower dirty,wires hanging out TV also bedding that you could prob catch something off.I looked round and was in that room less than 10mins I grabbed my case and had to arrange to be transfered to another hotel which costed loads more money so people don't do what I did and don't go here.just a little heads up.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank lisa g
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is horrific I like Egypt but the hotel was that bad I wouldnt let my dog stay here the hotel room walls had holes in, shower was broke, cleaners hadn't been in, food was DISTGUSTING sunbeds was ripped and cats was peeing up them, couldnt go in pool it was too cold and tiles was broken. Wouldn't advise anyone to stop here was the worse experience ever!!! Only good thing as the location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim700
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What can I say I paid 1850 for two weeks not cheap for two people , yes the people was lovely, yes the weather was lovely hotel was a s*#t hole, I know you don't stay on your room all day but it would be nice to not have to worry about cats pissing in your room, the bed not being broken, having clean water to wash in, I could go on and on but i'am home now and before people say it's a poor country you get what you pay for, this hotel is in-between to lovely hotels in which on our last day there we went to see and they was lovely and only
Couple of more hundred then I has paid If only I had read some of the reviews before I
Went I could have saved myself a lot of misery please please, don't waste your money on this hotel stay somewhere else

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Flaminamz
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the honest review!
Have been staying in Halomy every year for the past 3 years. Main factors: its very affordable, good location and nice place for snorkling.

Although I am quite familiar with the manager - he decided to rip me off this time by 30 quid due to change of my plans. Initially I had double room for single use for 4 days. Plans changed- needed a room for 2 person ONLY for 2 night. this costed me 30 pounds on top.Egiptian way of doing business- make a qucik 10 bucks now and lose hundreds in the years to come lol :)

Hotel gets worse and worse from year to year....FOOD is very poor quality and repetitive. AFFORDABLE PRICE You get dozen of hotels in Naama Bay priced at similar price. LOCATION Apart from the view, there is nothing special about it. The view comes at a cost of climbing up and down the hill constantly- either you go to the beach or to the town. The actual beach is very isolated and small,no proper sand ether.Cannot be compared with the main stip in Naama bay at all. And snorkling can be done at any place in Sharm. STAFF Althoug there are some very nice people working there, be prepared to be bothered constantly by salespeople hanging around the pool and beach.ROOMS Very tired ones. Most of the showers have issues, beds not comfy and very small TV's which do not work properly. And also you dont get proper night of sleep because of night clubs banging loud music until 3-4 am. I could even recognize what tracks are being played by DJ's in Pasha night club laying in the bed in my room:)

Last days of my stay i decided to go to another hotel- booked AIDA 2 which is in the very hart of Naama bay. Although hotel looks small and not visually appealing on the pictures, believe me- it is twice better than Halomy for the same price. Frienly staff- you tip not because you have to but because you want to. Spacious room with large plasma TV and many international channels, including all english ones. Drinks and fruits on arrival free of charge. Very nice brakfast. No beach at the hotel but you get free ticket at the reception and can visit popular beach on the main stip daily. Takes about 5 minutes to get there.Hotel has different viber overall- good mixture of tourist in terms of age and nationalities. Not mainly russians and english as you get in Halomy

Lastly, the only reason I stayed at Halomy so many times is because I had no idea that you can get MUCH,MUCH better value somewhere else for the same money at the same location

Enjoy your holiday:)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Max S
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you like to pay money only for a place to sleep and get a tan without any hope for comfort you will love this place. However, if you want a comfortable hotel with friendly staff and good service this hotel should be in your black list.

Pros:
1. Great location. You will definitely like an amazing view to the bay area. The hotel has also a descent private beach with a beautiful reef. You can also use a rock as platform for diving. Furthermore, the hotel has its own exit to Naama Bay that is very convenient.
2. It's very calm in the hotel. On the one hand, for some people who love entertaining in the hole it's a drawback since there is no entertainment program at all. On the other hand, Little Buddha, Hard Rock Cafe and Pacha Club are just next door.
3. More or less eatable food. Nothing special, quality is ok. 3* standard.

Cons:
1. The WORST rooms I've ever stayed in my entire life. The cheapest hostels in the London area will look like 5-stars hotels in comparison with Halomy Hotel. The rooms are dirty despite everyday cleaning (actually they don't clean rooms, just changing towels and sheets even if you pay tips), toilets not flushing, shower works from time to time, shower cabins are dodgy and shaky. The furniture and the equipment (aircon will rock you!) looks like something from 1960s.
The hotel needs a total makeover, but it seems that nobody from the management cares about that.
2. Generally the stuff is not friendly and helpful. I agree with carlaluisa78's review about the staff attitude towards their responsibilities. Even if you pay symbolic 10 GBP for a descent room they first give you the worst room in the hotel (e.g. 306 or 309). When you ask to be moved, they will tell you there are no other rooms available and finally after 30 minutes of disputes they will agree to move you in another room. However, some managers were helpful and tried to help.
3. It's absolutely subjective opinion, but I don't like when staff obsessively tries to sell their services to you (ranging from massage and spa to haircuts and tours).

I guess the hotel has its 3* only for the great location with good private beach. Generally the hotel is horrible. There are a many other 3* hotels with better service, rooms and cheerful staff (e.g. Falcon Hotel).

I DO NOT recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to have a comfortable and carefree holidays.

Room Tip: Rooms near the swimming pool have an amazing view to the bay area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends