“Friendly staff, areas for improvement”

Island Garden Resort
Ranked #113 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Arrived to a lovely cold drink with friendly staff. Arrived in our room to find only two beds!! When their was three of us. We were then given a but up bed!!! For a nearly six foot man wasn't good enough. Next day complained and we were moved to a room with three single beds. Room much quieter as it didn't over look the pool. Rooms clean but bathrooms really need updating.. Rusty showers.
The over all building was very clean. You had to que at the restaurant at evening meal to wait for a table. Food nice if not limited, needs better management. Constantly clearing up but lack of availability of plates, cutlery, glasses .
The a animation team nice but found a bit boring, especially if you are British. But soho square is five minutes walk away which has better entertainment and is very safe. Trips very good. Don't bother with the Health suite at the hotel you will be very disappointed .
Over all a nice place to stay, clean, friendly staff ( even if some of the other guests were rude and ignorant)

Room Tip: If you want quite then have a room not over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reda A, Quality Control Assistant Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,
It is so pleasant reading through your review and to know that we've made your holiday. on behalf of my self and the rest of the team, big thank you for choosing our resort as you home for the duration of the holiday, and many thanks for giving us the chance to be part of your holiday experience. I hope that you will pay us another visit so we can make many other holidays for you.
Till we meet you again, have a very nice time.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

not a 4 star hotel. Booked a cheep holiday and got exactly what we paid for, food adverage at best, rooms small and outdated. Bathrooms small and well used. Pool excellent, clean , well kept. . Kids club non-exsistant staff late everyday and kids can come and go at please,. . Barstaff are awesome all willing to talk and look after you. . . Now for my moan. . No water in your rooms, bedding not changed in my 2 week stay, money stole from my room on 3 occasions i know of. Cleaner finally removed and sack, so we were told. . Could be good hotel just needs lots of little things changing. . Staff stealing from guest's tends to spoil a holiday. .!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank adyspann

Our Dear Guest,
Let me before any thing thank you for visiting us at Island Garden Resort. Second, I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience that you had to face whilst in the holiday. I hope that the form I have given you works. We also hope that we will be seeing you again in the future so we can make it up for you.
PS say hello to the little girls.
till we see you again, have a wonderful time.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

With my friends we were here for 14 days. All of us had really great time.
Big thanks to friendly animation team - Bedoo, Yana and Jenya! We had amazing time with this nice people. Also we couldn't complain about room service and FOOD. Food was really tasty. Rooms are in very good condition. Everyday room service is taking care about cleanliness. It was really comfortable. People are trustworthy so we didn't have to worry about valuable things left in our rooms.
We've been in Egypt 3 times but this was the best one. Animators were making out time really funny and nice. We can't wait to come back there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with and it is not too cold back home. For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in October.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

When we first arrived it was late, we were welcomed in and told to go straight to the main restaurant as it was due to close for the evening, this was very thoughtful of them as we had been on a plane for around 5 hours and were quite hungry when we arrived. After, we were shown to our room which had the most amazing bed ever! The showers could do with a bit of an update but apart from that the room was fine for what we wanted it for (to change our clothes and to sleep in) why people want to complain I don't know, if your going to spend all your time in the room then why not stay at home!

The food was alright, I'm quite picky when it comes to food but I could always find something to eat, we did book into the Italian restaurant and my one bit of advice for the chef would be to not put to much salt in the lasagne! :o)

The pool was great, we always managed to get our favourite spot by the bridge, the pool barman Mohammed (Bimbim) was the best, big thank you for getting our drinks and always remembering what we like. We understand he works so many days and then goes back home to Cairo and I really hope he is there when we visit again.

All the staff at this hotel are really friendly and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable and I understand now why they say 'Welcome Home' we have enjoyed this holiday so much we are going back again in September!!

Reda A, please can we have your email address as we would really like to try and get the same room when next come in September, also please can Mohammed (Bimbim) be rota'd on the pool bar!! Thank you!! :D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reda A, Quality Control Assistant Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Our Dear Guest,
thank you for visiting us in Island Garden Resort and Many thanks for taking the time to put some good comments here. It has been so nice meeting you and having the chance to spend some time with your selves. Let me also pass you the best regards from every one here. Mohamed should be coming back from Cairo today to be at work tomorrow so I will pass him your regards. It is so pleasant to hear from you and to learn that we have managed to give the nice holiday you were hoping for. and it is so much better when I knew you are coming Back again in September. My email is; (( reda.abuagwa@islandgarden-egypt.com )) just drop me an email a week or so before arrival and I will sort every thing out for you.
till we meet again, have a wonderful time.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall, it was a lovely place to stay. The staff were always friendly and happy to help if you had any problems. The animation team were friendly and had a good variety of things to do like water polo and football. Bee Doo, Costa and Yana made my stay much better because they made me laugh and smile all the time. Costa played amazing music by the pool which made me happy and wanted to get up and dance. Yana and Bee Doo were always talking to me and chatty and were just always friendly. The evening entertainment could be better though because they do the same thing every week which gets tedious. The food was poor. For me personally, there wasn't enough variety. It seemed to be the same thing every night so I had to go out and pay for my own food. There was also a shortage of staff in the resturant which meant tables were not being cleared quick enough. This then resulted in queing outside the resturant waiting for a table to be clear. We sometimes would be waiting a good 20 minutes. My room was okay but should be redecorated. The door knob for my bathroom was broken and the lock did not work. The back door did not lock either. There were a few wires which were tangled which causes a hazard for children. Apart from that, the pool was clean, the bar staff especially Amir were amazing which makes me want to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jodiehall16

Dear Guest,

let me and first of all exceed you a big thank you for your last visit to us here in Island Garden. second, thank you for your feed back, it is our guide line to show us where we are performing as an excellent and where we need to improve, and let me assure you that all your comments have been taken in consideration and we always benefit from our guests' comments.
I hope that we will be seeing you again in the soon future so that we can make yet another good holiday for you. just remember, before your next visit, if you can drop me an email with any requests you have and I will see to that.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here with my friend for 11 nights. Overall we had a good time and although the food was limited we always found something to eat. The alcohol is the local drink which doesnt taste nice but we brought some with us from the duty free.

Its round the corner from soho and about 5 mins from the main road. I recommend walking to the main road for a taxi as the ones outside will charge you ridiculously.

The journey to the beach was quite long so we only went once otherwise we stayed at the main hotel. Be aware if you have a room by the main pool you will be woken every morning by the club dance and morning microphone announcement.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time put your feed back and many thank you for choosing our Island Garden Resort for your last holiday. It is a good tip about the Duty Free for those who can't cope with our local drinks !!! But the is not that far, 7 minutes walking or use the shuttle bus every 15 minutes. We have the hotel taxi and it is not expensive at all, for a round trip to Naama Bay is EGP 80.00 about GBP 8.00 at least you won't have to negotiate the price as it is set prices. For the food, I want every one to understand that we are feeding many different nationalities, so if at any time you can't find some thing to eat, just let some body know and they will be more than happy to cook for you what you like.
Till we see you again. Have a wonderful time.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

After a long journey and awful organisation at sharm airport, we were welcomed with a refreshing drink and a wet towel which were very appreciated! After being showed to our room with a massive king size bed we unpacked and headed to dinner. Was a little shocked to see we had to queue up for dinner but I then understood, we had a problem with our table being cleared whilst getting up for food which was soon sorted! Air conditioning in the rooms was spot on for us, woke up cold every morning which was such an amazing feeling.

Food was the main negative for us, I know not to accept English food but it just was a disappointment for us but we did only eat out 2 nights so it wasn't completely awful. The amount of Russians in the hotel was crazy, very rude people walking around on their own planet but you learn to just walk around them. One chef was even very surprised that I had thanked him for some food!

Staff were more than amazing, especially all the animation team. Special shout out to Lidya, Beedoo, Cheetos, Yana and Olga. Made a holiday very special and memorable. Only had one night out with them but they did make it a good laugh. They all work so hard and should be very appreciated by the hotel management! Amir at the pool bar is also so lovely, after having a little problem, he give me a big hug, a drink and told me to be happy!

The lovely lad who cleaned our room had the most patience in the world as we could be annoying at times by having a nap when he wanted to clean our room! Lovely towel designs on the bed and always arranged my shoes and jewellery for me.

Pool was lovely, plenty of beds around for everyone. In a good location with only a short 5 minute walk to soho square and the beach. Went by taxi to naama bay 4 nights, would just warn everyone to watch their money when getting a taxi back (which isn't organised by the hotel) as we got given the incorrect change on two occasions.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, well worth the money we paid and more! Had an amazing two weeks, was sad to be leaving but would definitely return back.

Stayed for 2 weeks from the 2nd-16th July

Dani & Dan, Birmingham, Room 130

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dani d

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with and it is not too cold back home. For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.