“Waste of money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Island Garden Resort
Ranked #108 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

not a 4 star hotel. Booked a cheep holiday and got exactly what we paid for, food adverage at best, rooms small and outdated. Bathrooms small and well used. Pool excellent, clean , well kept. . Kids club non-exsistant staff late everyday and kids can come and go at please,. . Barstaff are awesome all willing to talk and look after you. . . Now for my moan. . No water in your rooms, bedding not changed in my 2 week stay, money stole from my room on 3 occasions i know of. Cleaner finally removed and sack, so we were told. . Could be good hotel just needs lots of little things changing. . Staff stealing from guest's tends to spoil a holiday. .!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adyspann
Reda A, Quality Control Assistant Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Our Dear Guest,
Let me before any thing thank you for visiting us at Island Garden Resort. Second, I would like to apologize again for the inconvenience that you had to face whilst in the holiday. I hope that the form I have given you works. We also hope that we will be seeing you again in the future so we can make it up for you.
PS say hello to the little girls.
till we see you again, have a wonderful time.
Reda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

With my friends we were here for 14 days. All of us had really great time.
Big thanks to friendly animation team - Bedoo, Yana and Jenya! We had amazing time with this nice people. Also we couldn't complain about room service and FOOD. Food was really tasty. Rooms are in very good condition. Everyday room service is taking care about cleanliness. It was really comfortable. People are trustworthy so we didn't have to worry about valuable things left in our rooms.
We've been in Egypt 3 times but this was the best one. Animators were making out time really funny and nice. We can't wait to come back there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with and it is not too cold back home. For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in October.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

When we first arrived it was late, we were welcomed in and told to go straight to the main restaurant as it was due to close for the evening, this was very thoughtful of them as we had been on a plane for around 5 hours and were quite hungry when we arrived. After, we were shown to our room which had the most amazing bed ever! The showers could do with a bit of an update but apart from that the room was fine for what we wanted it for (to change our clothes and to sleep in) why people want to complain I don't know, if your going to spend all your time in the room then why not stay at home!

The food was alright, I'm quite picky when it comes to food but I could always find something to eat, we did book into the Italian restaurant and my one bit of advice for the chef would be to not put to much salt in the lasagne! :o)

The pool was great, we always managed to get our favourite spot by the bridge, the pool barman Mohammed (Bimbim) was the best, big thank you for getting our drinks and always remembering what we like. We understand he works so many days and then goes back home to Cairo and I really hope he is there when we visit again.

All the staff at this hotel are really friendly and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable and I understand now why they say 'Welcome Home' we have enjoyed this holiday so much we are going back again in September!!

Reda A, please can we have your email address as we would really like to try and get the same room when next come in September, also please can Mohammed (Bimbim) be rota'd on the pool bar!! Thank you!! :D

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Reda A, Quality Control Assistant Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Our Dear Guest,
thank you for visiting us in Island Garden Resort and Many thanks for taking the time to put some good comments here. It has been so nice meeting you and having the chance to spend some time with your selves. Let me also pass you the best regards from every one here. Mohamed should be coming back from Cairo today to be at work tomorrow so I will pass him your regards. It is so pleasant to hear from you and to learn that we have managed to give the nice holiday you were hoping for. and it is so much better when I knew you are coming Back again in September. My email is; (( reda.abuagwa@islandgarden-egypt.com )) just drop me an email a week or so before arrival and I will sort every thing out for you.
till we meet again, have a wonderful time.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Overall, it was a lovely place to stay. The staff were always friendly and happy to help if you had any problems. The animation team were friendly and had a good variety of things to do like water polo and football. Bee Doo, Costa and Yana made my stay much better because they made me laugh and smile all the time. Costa played amazing music by the pool which made me happy and wanted to get up and dance. Yana and Bee Doo were always talking to me and chatty and were just always friendly. The evening entertainment could be better though because they do the same thing every week which gets tedious. The food was poor. For me personally, there wasn't enough variety. It seemed to be the same thing every night so I had to go out and pay for my own food. There was also a shortage of staff in the resturant which meant tables were not being cleared quick enough. This then resulted in queing outside the resturant waiting for a table to be clear. We sometimes would be waiting a good 20 minutes. My room was okay but should be redecorated. The door knob for my bathroom was broken and the lock did not work. The back door did not lock either. There were a few wires which were tangled which causes a hazard for children. Apart from that, the pool was clean, the bar staff especially Amir were amazing which makes me want to come back.

1 Thank jodiehall16
Dear Guest,

let me and first of all exceed you a big thank you for your last visit to us here in Island Garden. second, thank you for your feed back, it is our guide line to show us where we are performing as an excellent and where we need to improve, and let me assure you that all your comments have been taken in consideration and we always benefit from our guests' comments.
I hope that we will be seeing you again in the soon future so that we can make yet another good holiday for you. just remember, before your next visit, if you can drop me an email with any requests you have and I will see to that.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here with my friend for 11 nights. Overall we had a good time and although the food was limited we always found something to eat. The alcohol is the local drink which doesnt taste nice but we brought some with us from the duty free.

Its round the corner from soho and about 5 mins from the main road. I recommend walking to the main road for a taxi as the ones outside will charge you ridiculously.

The journey to the beach was quite long so we only went once otherwise we stayed at the main hotel. Be aware if you have a room by the main pool you will be woken every morning by the club dance and morning microphone announcement.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time put your feed back and many thank you for choosing our Island Garden Resort for your last holiday. It is a good tip about the Duty Free for those who can't cope with our local drinks !!! But the is not that far, 7 minutes walking or use the shuttle bus every 15 minutes. We have the hotel taxi and it is not expensive at all, for a round trip to Naama Bay is EGP 80.00 about GBP 8.00 at least you won't have to negotiate the price as it is set prices. For the food, I want every one to understand that we are feeding many different nationalities, so if at any time you can't find some thing to eat, just let some body know and they will be more than happy to cook for you what you like.
Till we see you again. Have a wonderful time.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

After a long journey and awful organisation at sharm airport, we were welcomed with a refreshing drink and a wet towel which were very appreciated! After being showed to our room with a massive king size bed we unpacked and headed to dinner. Was a little shocked to see we had to queue up for dinner but I then understood, we had a problem with our table being cleared whilst getting up for food which was soon sorted! Air conditioning in the rooms was spot on for us, woke up cold every morning which was such an amazing feeling.

Food was the main negative for us, I know not to accept English food but it just was a disappointment for us but we did only eat out 2 nights so it wasn't completely awful. The amount of Russians in the hotel was crazy, very rude people walking around on their own planet but you learn to just walk around them. One chef was even very surprised that I had thanked him for some food!

Staff were more than amazing, especially all the animation team. Special shout out to Lidya, Beedoo, Cheetos, Yana and Olga. Made a holiday very special and memorable. Only had one night out with them but they did make it a good laugh. They all work so hard and should be very appreciated by the hotel management! Amir at the pool bar is also so lovely, after having a little problem, he give me a big hug, a drink and told me to be happy!

The lovely lad who cleaned our room had the most patience in the world as we could be annoying at times by having a nap when he wanted to clean our room! Lovely towel designs on the bed and always arranged my shoes and jewellery for me.

Pool was lovely, plenty of beds around for everyone. In a good location with only a short 5 minute walk to soho square and the beach. Went by taxi to naama bay 4 nights, would just warn everyone to watch their money when getting a taxi back (which isn't organised by the hotel) as we got given the incorrect change on two occasions.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, well worth the money we paid and more! Had an amazing two weeks, was sad to be leaving but would definitely return back.

Stayed for 2 weeks from the 2nd-16th July

Dani & Dan, Birmingham, Room 130

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dani d
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our resort to spend your holiday and big thank you for your review. We just hope that all is fine with and it is not too cold back home. For your next visit, just drop me an email with any requests and I will make sure that they are sorted for you. we are looking forward to seeing you again in the soon future.
Till we see you again, have a very nice time.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Worst holiday of my life and im not a fussy person air con smoked flooded bathroom horrendous food only catered for russians! Awful staff and worst of all caught the bar staff filling the water coolers with tap water and putting them onto the coolers! Myself partner and two children had sickness and diarrhoea for two weeks even with the tablets from chemist we all lost weight and spent a fortune on eating out and drinks when i raised concerns with reception they pointed to the lady and said i needed to speak with her RUDE and arrogant managers were awful and spoke to myself and other guests in a disgusting manner and were told if we didn't like it we should pay to transfer to another hotel which we couldn't afford after paying so much money on eating and drinking no where near a 4* hotel i am suing them at this minute. People we met there had money stolen staff seemed shocked as it hadn't been reported in 3 months! Joke of a hotel!

4 Thank Kayleighpeers
Reda A, Quality Control Assistant Manager at Island Garden Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me before any thing apologize that your holiday didn't go as you planed.
Usually, I don't tend to criticize what our guest put in here as it is their opinion, but as this is a public website and people can read these comment I feel like I am obliged to defend this by just listing some facts.
- With any maintenance orders if they are passed to the reception or the Guest Service Centre they get done, how ever, when you told me that your AC leaked i went with the technician and there was no leakage at all.
- About the food, well it is a multi-nationalities hotel we have to cater for every one of our guests, and in case of any one wanting some thing different, our chefs are more than happy to cook it for them, and other guest had that before.
- Coming to the major concern about the tap water. I do remember clearly that I went to the pool bar and when you refused to accompany me I have been joined by your partner who came around the bar and seen that the two bottles that been filled from the tap were for washing the floor ,as I explained to you, and he also saw four other bottles still sealed. We both went to the water cooler and i took the bottle of water and it did have the seal on it which proved that it was mineral water. You showed me a photo for the man filling the bottle from the tap, but why there was no photos for him putting that bottle on the cooler???? I also recall your partner's wards with me when he tried to explain to you what he has seen but you wouldn't listen.
- About that comment from our hotel manager, all he said that you have been here for ten days, if the hotel was that bad, why you didn't ask your agent to move you to another hotel. And any way you went around the hotel telling every one that the cooler has tap water, but why no other guest complained about it including your friends who are still here and I see them every day and they are fine?????
All I want to say and this for every body, if you go to a hotel and there is a problem you have to tell them so they can sort it, if not you contact your travel agent to sort it, not to leave it till you go home and then complaint about it, that is if you have genuine complaint.