This was our third visit to Sharm and the first (and definately the last) visit to the Garden Resort. The rooms were very basic which isn't a problem as we only slept in them-they were however clean and new towels each day. Having arrived there late in the evening were unable to look around until the next day. The staff were very welcoming and overjoyed that a British family had come to join the only other 2 English guests, questioning us why so few English came to the hotel. Umm what can i say.........I hate to stereotype any nationality and apologise to any one that this offends but in all our travels and holidays we have never been treated so badly by rude, impatient people. I can only add that this sort of behaviour is condoned by staff-purely as it is their lively hood-they will however tell you quietly their own thoughts. Our children were pushed out the way in the dining hall by adults -in a corner specifically for kids-the chef however when witnessing this came to our table and told us he would prepare food especially for them-which he did. We were pushed out of the way at the bar and when we addressed this were met with a torrent of 'Russian' abuse and taunts. Fights and arguments between guests . Pool heater broken-unable to use as so cold, no entertainment i could go on. It was a miserable 2 days until we decided enough was enough and rang the holiday company who got us moved the next day. It really was a horrible experience which is a shame as the Egyptian people are so welcoming and helpful, but not once did i hear a please or thank you from the greedy abusive 'guests' staying in this hotel. We were moved to their sister hotel Island view, 5 minutes away, which was a very pleasurable experience. Stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, relaxing "All-Inclusive" 4 star (country category) Resort with a centered pool lagoon is divided to various 2 floor buildings with tasteful decorated rooms offer you a relaxed atmosphere for a family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Island Garden Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotel Sunrise Island Garden
- Sunrise Island Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh