Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Sharm Plaza Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Fitness center
  • Spa
  • Beachfront
Sharm Resort Hotel(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Beach Resort & Casino(Sharm El Sheikh)
2,781 results
All reviewsthai restaurantcafe fresconaama bayclub roomfishsea viewprivate beachfour seasonsbeach restauranthalf boardcoral reefkids clubeach eveningspecial thankssoft drinksscuba divingshuttle bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just came back from 5 nights at this hotel. Vey nice and no problems. It was very quiet so no rush to get seat by the pool.

very attentive service but drinks very expensive so beware!
The souk was nice but found it a bit confusing with the coin system but lovely mixed grill and fish.
I would say it would get a bit old though if you go all the time and the entertainment was a bit tacky.

The rooms do not have the wow factor and there were a few stains on the cushions and curtains but overall very clean.

I would say it needs a bit of sprucing up.
I have stayed at the Four seasons which is amazing but very expensive!

I would go again though,

Room Tip: Tip the pool boy and he will look after you all week! Bring insect spray!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank holiday73
Stefan_Gaessler, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Hyatt Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us.

Very nice to read you had an enjoyable stay and I will surely share your feed-back with our team.. I regret if there was confusion with the coin system in the Souk, which maybe was not properly explained by the hostess. Something for us look at.

We are constantly work on the up-keeping of our guest rooms and even though you were satisfied overall with the cleanliness, there should not be any stains - my apologies.

It would be our pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future and if we could be of assistance in the meantime please do let us know.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Club Regency part of the Hotel and also received an upgrade to a suite; needless to say the accomodation was very good. The hotel has excellent facilities and has a terrific location overlooking one of the many bays in Sharm. Diving and snorkelling are excellent but you can see terrific colour and wonderful fish just from walking down the fixed "boardwalk" over the coral into the sea.
Every member of staff we came across offered first class service and showed genuine interest in us as clients. We were bothered my mossies in our room and the staff brought spray cans, electric plugs and even some ointment from the pharmacy.
Some great deals are available and you receive a lot of value for your money. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Opt for the Club if you can afford it
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan_Gaessler, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs Gary

Thank you for your visit to our hotel and staying in the Regency Club, even more so with an upgrade to a Suite. Truly we consider our Regency Club as a hotel within the hotel, with its exclusive lounge, private pool and beach, separate continental breakfast in the morning, free canapees and alcoholic beverages during the evening hours, and last but not least the free high speed internet in the Regency Club lounge, which extends to the Regency Pool.

Indeed the reef right in front of our beach is considered as one of the most beautiful areas in Sharm and often sought for by passing by dive boats and distinguished guests.

I am very pleased to read that the service attitude of our staff met your expectations, we are fortunate and very proud of our engaged and attentive associates.

I regret you got hit by the mosquitoes, this despite our ongoing efforts fumigating the property in the early morning hours and again at sunset.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort in the near future, if we can be of assistance in making any arrangements please do let us know.

Best regards

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Context: 30s couple looking for quiet week in the sun with the odd tourist trip and some diving.

There's an enormous of hotels in Sharm; we went for the Hyatt based on the TA reviews and a great deal via Secret Escapes.

The thing which stood out most about the Hyatt was the staff. Polite and organised, they made us feel like guests and we were able to relax as soon as we arrived. It was difficult to pick a favourite but Gamal, the head waiter from the Cascades restaurant was a real star; the restaurant happened to be rather empty but he kept us entertained and made the evening for us.

The onsite dive centre had high quality hire gear and my instructor Eric was first class. The TV was also good for Hollywood films - we watched quite a few.

As far as cultural things to do we'd recommend the star gazing. The bedouins show you how they navigate using the stars and our guide had a wonderful sense of humour.

If there was a downside I'd probably say it was the drinks prices as with a tip a margarita would cost E90.00 (£9.00). We would definitely go again.

Oh and the food was excellent. The Kobe beef at Cascades was perhaps the finest steak I've ever had.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Hyatt Guest

Thank for your staying with us and your valuable feed-back.

Very nice to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us and services provided, even more so that the service attitude of our employees has met your expectations. It will be a pleasure to pass on your comments to Gamal at the Cascades Restaurant for job well done.

Indeed we are very content with the Red Sea Water Wolrd Dive Center, which I would consider one of the best - if not THE best - in Sharm El Sheikh. Not only are they very professional and service minded, they also are very committed to safety and security standards.

I agree with you beverage prices might appear on the high side which is largely due to the 360% tax on imported alcohol.

Credit to Executive Chef Hartmut and his culinary team, the Kobe Beef really is of highest quality and one the top sellers.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort in the near future, please let us know if we can be of assistance in the meantime.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed for twelve nights whilst on a diving course and coudln't find a fault with this hotel apart from the rule that no taxis are allowed to proceed through first security gate to hotel reception!!
They do provide a shuttle service provided by a "golf trolley" but not an impressive way to arrive/depart!
I think this is to make you use their hotel limo service when going out instead of the "blue and white" taxis which are always waiting at the main gate (a two minute walk away).
Worth the walk...I was quoted about E100 pounds...taxi is E20 if you barter!!

Room Tip: High floor for easy access to lobby, shops etc.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Flipper66261246
Stefan_Gaessler, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Hyatt Guest

Thank for your staying with us as well as for your positive feed-back with regard to your recent stay. I hope you enjoyed your dive trips - did you organize with Red Sea Water World, which is our on site dive college and considered to be one of the best in the area. Not only are they very well organized, they are also very precise and focused on safety and security of their equipment as well as the well being of their customers.

It is indeed that the local blue white taxis are not allowed to enter the hotels in general in Sharm, which is based on an official rule of the local authorities, following strict safety and security codes which the hotels have to adhere to.
Therefore only the registered black hotel limousines can freely enter and exit, you are correct the price for the limousines are higher than the blue and whites on the street.

Nevertheless, we would hope to can make it back again to the Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh sometime soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked this last minute after looking at other reviews. Really close to airport so short transfer time, but far enough away not to hear the planes. This hotel is immaculate, all of the public areas , gardens, pool areas and beach are clean, tidy and well staffed. My room was spacious with everything I needed. The biggest asset here are the staff who go the extra mile to ensure your stay is great. Nothing is too much trouble. I got bitten and asked where I could get some cream for the bites and within the hour a member of staff had been and got me some and delivered it to me by the pool. Breakfast caters for most tastes and the choice of pastries is amazing. (Forget the diet) Loved the fact that they have an adult only pool, which was quiet and really relaxing. A great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Stefan_Gaessler, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Mrs Donington

Thank you for staying with us. It is nice to read you enjoyed your stay, the facilities and services provided.

Indeed the location of our hotel is about a ten minutes drive from the airport, just before entering buzzing Namaa Bay.

We are fortunate to employ a great team of industry professionals and I m pleased to read the services were up to your expectations.
Ever since our new Executive Chef Hartmut has started to modify the spread of the breakfast buffet we continuously receive positive guest feed-back like yours, showing we are on the right track to maintain and to further improve our standards.

Last but not least our pools are designed to capture the different age groups including the adults only pool to ensure an undisturbed atmosphere for those clients seeking an area for themselves.

It would be a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort in the not too far distant future and if we can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do contact us at your convenience.