2,607 results
All reviews animation team fish sea view hotel is situated main building at lunchtime private beach russian guests relaxing holiday every evening two weeks bar staff bottled water cleaned every day pasta big thanks albatross
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2011

The all inclusive on the food side is satisfactory. There is definitely a lot of recycling of meats, roast beef one night is Mexican beef the next then beef in tomato the next...you get the picture. If your children are fussy eaters then avoid at all costs. Breakfast was ok but mainly suited Euro and Russian remember no bacon or sausages but egg chef was good.
The drinks are chronically bad. Dirty glasses or paper cups. The beer is tolerable but the rest is terrible stuff. There at NO cocktails and I can tell you that Gin and Sprite is s@@@e. The soft drinks are ok. The pool bar couldn't be staffed and was closed in the middle of the day.
The bars are filthy and was cleaned only once in 14 days and not very well.
The rooms are adequate but nothing special.

Pool areas are ok but sun beds at a premium. Couldn't understand why hundreds empty at beach and minimal around pool.

Some staff are friendly but it all comes at a price or tip shall we say.

Reception staff are arrogant, unhelpful and smell.

Policeman on the door is very friendly and helpful.

The trip to Cairo by flight was superb, we had a fantastic day away from the hotel.

The entertainment was embarrassing and cringe worthy rather like Butlins in the 70's. Don't go to the weekly BBQ on the beach. This is extra, the seafood was filthy and poor quality. Two of us vomited all night after.

The beach is all stone not sandy very very hot and painful on feet. Sea is spectacular.

The air con in our room leaked into the electricity and some nights didn't work which was dreadful.

The only saving grace was the superb families we met at the hotel who made our holiday a great deal happier.

Date of stay: August 2010
2  Thank Unitedwarp1
Reviewed December 20, 2010

ok so firstly I booked this hotel because it has a private beach and it was close to Naama Bay which I beleived was Sharms main attraction. I booked it on a whim and when I started reading the reviews I was very nervous and expecting the worst!
I have just got back from a weeks stay at Beach Albatros and I had a lovely holiday. We paid £100 - £120 (GBP) for a weeks stay here, in England that wouldnt even get you a weekend in a Travel Inn!! I really cant complain about anything...
Room was cleaned every day, clean sheets, clean towels and we did not tip the cleaner until the end of the holiday so tips had nothing to do with it the cleanliness of the hotel was immaculate. The views of the beach from the hotel pool and restaurant/bar really are breath taking the pictures on here do not do it justice.
Food was served 3 times a day in the main resaurant, plenty of choice all the time. All inclusive snacks were also served at the beach bar 12-3pm pizza's, burgers, sandwhiches i've read on some reviews you had to pay for beach bar snacks but we didnt everything in the hotel was all inclusive. They also serve crepes, waffles, pastries 3-5pm in the main bar needless to say we definately eat well and food was very nice.
The staff were very friendly, all male yes but always nice and friendly without being at all slimey! again I was worried about feeling uncomfortable after reading some of the reviews on here but to be honest the staff were like a breath of fresh air compared to what its like out on the streets of Egypt!
My boyfriend and I left the hotel most nights either to the old market (5 minute walk away) or Naama Bay ( £3 or 25 egyptian pounds in a taxi) so I cannot comment on the entertainment in the hotel. They had an entertainment team who were all nice but because of the time of year the guests were mainly old age or foreign without children so the bars were empty most nights,
Getting back to the subject of taxi's please do not be stung like we were, we did not book a hotel transfer from the airport so we got a taxi and paid 250 egyptian pounds later to be told we should have only paid 50! also if you are going anywhere in sharm el sheik do not pay more than 25-30 egyptian pounds to get anywhere they will argue but eventually take your money and take you wherever you want to go!
We did not do any diving etc obviously because of the shark attacks but we bought a snorkel and stayed near the shore and the fish are amazing.
All in all I can safely say if you book a holiday here you will have a lovely time and I would say you get alot more than what you pay for!
I hope some people will find this review useful I will be happy to receive emails from anyone with any questions who might be as worried as I was!!

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
19  Thank clairedan1982
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I like rooms and service. The weather was great. The attitude of personal was nice. We have really nice time to stay in this hotel. I love it. I recommend anyone who has a family come and enjoy.

Date of stay: December 2009
3  Thank Ilona84
Reviewed September 23, 2010

very hot in august pool not cleaned while we stay people were gettint sick me my partner and son was sick staff only some staff was great some only friendly when you tip them no women staff at all some male staff would would stare and mumble things to you there were a few complains .. the couple we met had to complain about this as one member of staff wouldnt stop bothering there daughter she was 14.. entertainment ther wasnt any for the english .. food was not for english .. nothing for kids except pool table the room were cleaned every day but i didnt not smell or see any bleach... if we had not met two couple's while we was there we would of lost the will to live .. aqua blu guests walk in our hotel free but we have to pay to go in there's went shopping at naam bay which was an expierience but wasnt too bad just haggle mohamad he does the excursions for the quads was really nice and very helpful

Date of stay: September 2010
4  Thank susanne36
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The hotel was clean and staff generally friendly. We had only 2 gripes - Firstly the pools aren't cleaned and so lots of people were suffering ear and eye infections and secondly the entertainment. It was awful, possibley the worst evening entertainment we have ever experienced. We completed our end of holiday survey and were informed that every guest says the same thing. When we arrived lots of building work going on and lots of 'workees' sliming over the young girls - quite disgusting as we had our 14 year old daughter with us and experienced quite a lot of this. After my moaning though we did meet some great people from Manchester - Sue, Pete, Mandy Gary and families - this made our holiday for us.Beach and snorkeling were fab. Lots of Russians and Germans who were very rude. Would recommend but would give full picture if asked.

Date of stay: August 2010