$243
$135
Hyatt.com
Diamond Beach Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
$309
$118
$88
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh(Sharm El Sheikh)
$186
$248
Cancelon
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $304/night.

1,489 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 21, 2008

just back from sharm brilliant holiday and VERY hot fantastic. hotel good value for money went b&b breakfasts were a bit weird "mashed potatoes" we stuck with the omelettes they were good. had evening meal a couple of times buffet style but loads to choose from ate out rest of time rep gave us a list of good places to eat and drink tgi fridays good and cheap. panorama and camel bars good for cocktails. we were in jasmine section of hotel it is a bit of a walk but rooms and pool are better.rooms really clean and are tidied everyday no complaints there. only downside of the hotel was the lack of entertainment at night only had a bbq and egyptian dancers twice a week but its only a short walk into namma bay so we went there at night. lots of hassle from taxis and shop keepers after two weeks it got really annoying. lots of good trips to choose from went to a bedouin camp, snorkelled for the first time amazing, went to luzor by plane and went to jeruselem that was too long by bus but the tour was really good even got to swim in the dead sea that was a weird feeling. it was a once in a lifetime experience. great holiday and sunshine. what more can you ask for?

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank youngatheart0021
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We booked to go to Sharm as part of a diving package so the hotel was not a concious decision. I would point out at this stage that my review is of Sharm generally, which includes, but is not specific to, this hotel.

Sharm made us both feel on edge. Everywhere you go you are hastled by street traders who want you to buy their tat. Some can be very rude, and even aggresive if politely declined. Everyone seems out to either rip you off or get a tip. I was short changed by the newspaper sellers (who then asked for a tip instead!!), taxi drivers tried to massively over-charge and the cleaner was overwhelmingly persistent for his tip on the last day. While packing our bags for the last hour in the room, with the "Do not disturb" sign on the door he knocked every 5-10 minutes to ask if everything was OK with the room. He practically stalked everone when it came to them leaving. I heard our neighbours shouting at him to leave them alone.

It seems the majority of people I speak to have experienced tummy bugs in Sharm, and not the sort that Imodium will help you with! I mean seriously upset tummies!! Its no wonder because, as a lot of reviews point out, the mains water is filthy and smells. We were of cause very careful to use bottled water for everything, but it only takes a few drops in your mouth from the shower and you've lost the battle. Walking around Sharm there is often a foul smell of the drains.

The marine life is spectacular. Dive sites are very busy but you can still enjoy the diving. We saw hammerhead sharks, a whale shark, massive rays and all sorts. We would definaltely go again but would pay more for a liveaboard dive boat and keep well away from the mainland.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Well where do I start, what a fantastic stay! My partner and I stayed from the 4th September-13th, and had a great time. We arrived in the evening and were greeted in reception and taken to our room which was in the Jasmine Suite, where we found they put most of the English guests. Our room was at the furthest point possible away from the main reception, but was a 10 minute walk whilst walking briskly, so wasn't too bad of a night but was hard in the heat of midday!! But if you are active this shouldn't bother you.

Room was extremely clean and spacious, air conditioning was a lifesaver- we left this on most of the time so we got a bit of relief from the heat when arriving back after nights out etc! Bathroom was nice enough, but when we first arrived there was a cockroach in the bath tub and the water running was brown, but after running the tap for a bit the water cleared and we didn't have a problem with it for the rest of the holiday. There was two plug points in our rooms, and TV was mainly Eastern European channels, we loved the Polish music channel as the music was so cheesy and hilarious haha, but again we didn't watch the TV avidly as we were out of the room 90% of the time.

The room was cleaned every day, and was spotless as you can imagine. As we were in the Jasmine suite, we spent most of our time by the larger pool, which was lovely and clean, very relaxing. Pool bar has a few snacks like pizza and sandwiches etc and drinks, however beware of the sales taxes!! One day we ordered two sandwiches which should have come to 600 egyptian pounds, but was somehow knocked up to around 900- hmmm. One thing we did had to do is put our towels out ridiculously early in the morning to get a sun lounger, which was a bit annoying but we'd generally go back asleep once putting them out. First few days got a bit of hassle from 'David' who constantly asked us for massages, but after firmly saying no we weren't bothered again.

We were on a Bed & Breakfast basis, but didn't rate it that much- usual European contiental stuff which didn't appeal to my stomach so early in the morning, but there was a small selection of croissants, breads, omlettes etc. Hotel lobby bar was reasonably priced, and we went in to the Royal bar a few times for lunch and drinks. Not an extensive selection but satisfying never the less.

Location from Naama bay was perfect, only a 10 minute walk- go through the Hilton over the road and walk along the beach front to get to the bars and restaurants. Loved Naama bay, great deal of selection to enjoy and was lively every night of the week. Too many places to name which we dined and drank in, The Tavern, Hard rock Cafe, few seafood places, The Mexican, Pirate Bar, etc... All fantastic value for money as well, so cheap for food- the average we paid for two, with cocktails and beers was around 220 egyptian pounds, with the most we spent being around £26 in the Hard Rock, with 2 drinks each, starters and dessert.

We did get sick whilst over there, but unfortunately most people seem to encounter this Egyptian belly. The medication we took with us was rubbish so we purchased some antibiotics in the hotel pharmacy, which gave relief and stopped it, was about £20 which is extortionate but worth it.

We went to Cairo with Sharm Club, highly recommended- booked before we went so cost us £230 altogether, got picked up from hotel and transported to airport, flew via Egypt Air and was met in Cairo by Sheriff, our tour guide, who was absolutely faultless all day. Fantastic day, we also did the quad bikes in the desert which was an amazing experience.

Only problem we encountered was the fact that unfortunately, we were flying with XL, which went in to administration the day before we were due to fly home. Fortunately, we were ATOL protected so we got a flight late on Sunday night, and were put up by Thompson in another hotel in Nabq bay on the Saturday night. But the hotel staff were extremely supportive and informative to us at such a panicking time, especially Ahmed on reception who gave us some advice.

I could go on forever! Amazing holiday as my first time in Sharm, and amazing stay at the Tropicana Rosetta. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! Great rooms, great pools, fantastic location and lovely staff, just wish I was back there!

Reviewed September 16, 2008

I booked to go to Egypt on a late deal and only saw the reviews of this hotel after I had booked my trip - I only wish that I had read them before hand! I tried very hard to be open minded about the hotel/resort and concentrated on my excitement at the thought of visiting the Pyramids and diving in the Red Sea.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that this hotel is as terrible as other reviews suggest. The Reception area is very dated and tatty and the Reception staff are not particularly helpful. It was a good ten minute walk from Reception to our room and it is all up steep, slippery hills and steps which is very hot during the day and dark and treacherous at night.

The room wasn't too bad, just standard stuff, but the bathroom had lots of black mould growing in the corners and an ants nest under the bath. Also a couple of the bolts which should have secured the toilet to the floor were missing and the toilet rocked from side to side when you sat on it! The bath was stained brown and the water is very dark brown when you first turn the taps or shower on. There was only a millimetre difference when adjusting the shower temperature between cold and scolding hot, so be careful if you put your kids in the shower. Keep your mouth shut when you are in the shower and don't let any water go up your nose as it tastes like blocked drains smell! You never feel clean after a wash, which is horrible after you have been baking in the heat all day.

Prepare yourself for breakfast time because you will need nerves of steel. It is a complete bun fight and chaos ensues for the duration. The staff cannot cope with the volume of people. You will wait ages for a table - which I can guarantee will look like a pig trough left by the previous occupants. The waiters will eventually clear a table but not with a cloth or any kind of cleaning product. We witnessed the waiters using dirty paper napkins to sweep the debris onto the floor. If there was any juice or milk spilt on the table, they rubbed this in to give the table an extra clean! This meant that all the tables were sticky and covered in flies. All the crockery had cracks and lumps missing out of it and it constantly ran out and was only washed and replaced four plates at a time.

At first we were quite impressed with the look of the pool by our room but the water is very warm in it and I never saw it being cleaned while I was there. It had a film of scum floating on the top of the water and was full of dead flies and ants floating around.

The worst part of this holiday and the part I am most disappointed with is the staff at the Hotel. Food is being served at the poolside but we had nothing but trouble with the pool staff. There was never a menu available to check the prices and the staff charged a different price for the same thing each time you ordered. At first we were too polite to question it but one day the waiter took 100 Egyptian pounds for a burger and a bottle of water. Then he came back and asked for a further 55 Egyptian pounds. I thought this was because he didn't have the correct change - but he never came back, so he effectively charged me £15.50 for a burger and drink! If he came back with any change at all it was always wrong and he would argue and be verbally aggressive and intimidating if you tried to sort it out. One day we witnessed the waiter charging some kids 270 Egyptian pounds (about £27) for six cans of Coke! We decided enough was enough and made a complaint to the Manager of the Hotel. The official line was that we had not asked for a written receipt from the waiter for each can of pop/snack we ordered and therefore his member of staff was entitled to steal from us. We were so disappointed and did not use the pool for the rest of the holiday and walked to McDonald's for a snack.

Do not be fooled by the "Health Club" staff. The "Health Club" is a hut at the back of the hotel where they will charge you £25 for a massage. The Health Club staff are a nuisance around the Hotel and never leave you alone. Girls and ladies beware - one particular Health Club representative was obsessed with trying to talk about sex with me and wanted to kiss me and hold my hand all the time. More than one husband/boyfriend around the pool got angry with him for doing the same to their partners.

Geographically, the beach is over the road from the hotel. But all the beaches are private (even the sea is sectioned and cordened off!) and this hotel's beach is a 15 minute walk away(so don't be fooled by the 300m it mentions in the holiday brochures). It is tiny and full of rubbish and plastic bottles. It gets very full and looks like a refugee camp! I expected the sea to be wonderful but that was full of rubbish and we even saw tampax and sanitary towels floating in the water. Lots of boat trips leave from the jetty next to this beach and the two stroke and diesel fumes from the boats choke you.

Some reviews say that the Egyptians are friendly, hospitable people. This is only true when they are taking money from you. "No thank you" is not enough!! They follow you and try to grab your arms to stop you or block your way. When you refuse they are rude and nasty. We were told to "go to hell" for not wanting to buy plastic pyramids from a vendor. My boyfriend haggled for a scarf that I liked. We agreed a price and paid the shopkeeper, but then he refused to give us the change he owed us and said "you can afford it, you are English". This is the attitude of all the Egyptians, the price doubles if you are English. Our rep advised us to tell them that we were South African if they asked! The shopkeepers and vendors are quite frightened of the Tourism Police (who are everywhere in the resort with guns), so threaten to call one of the Policemen if they won't hand over money or goods they owe you.

Having said all of the above, I had a fantastic time at the Egyptian Museum and at the Pyramids (try to stay for the Light and Sound show at the Pyramids - its very dramatic and loads of fun!). The sealife is amazing and I've got the snorkelling bug bigtime! Naama Bay, although not "traditional", is fun and lively and is no less authentic Egyptian culture for being modern. Go to Pomodoro's for dinner. The Tuna Pate starter is delicious! The service is excellent , the atmosphere is chilled and happy, it's clean and modern and it's great value for money. I would never go back to Egypt, but I'm actually glad I've been :0)

1  Thank Marie080
Reviewed September 14, 2008

My partner and I arrived at the Rosetta at 11pm and were seen straight away at reception and given a room in the jasmine part of the hotel. The bellboy took our case and started the 10 min walk to our room, yes there were lots of stairs and it was very very hot, even that time of night, however after reading previous reviews we had expected a bit of a trek and we tipped the bellboy as he certainly deserved it after lugging our case around!!!!.
The room was very clean as was the bathroom, we had slightly muddy coloured water for probably a minute after turning on the tap, however that was the only time during our 1 week stay. The cleaner was great, clean towels every day and he was very courteous and said if we need anything atall then to let him know. We found all the staff very very friendly and had no problems with any rudeness or bad attitude atall. We stayed B&B and was quite glad of this as the restaurant is not big enough to cope with the amount of guests, breakfast time was a bit of a cattle market, trying to get a table was a bit of a laugh, I found my self in a bit of a stand off for a table a couple of mornings, however it didnt cause any problems as such. If you want to go on any excusrsions, I can recommend sharmexcursions.com. We booked with this company from England and their rep met us at the hotel for the money for the trips. We went camel riding, horse riding, quad biking and out on a boat trip for the day to do snorkelling, they were a really good company to go with and it costs ALOT less to book with these than to book with your travel rep while you are there. We had a great time on all of the trips. I can also recommend a night at Fantasia (Saturday night is English night), they do a sound and light show, they have acrobats on horses and lots of traditional egyption dancers, a really good night out. Onto Naama Bay, within easy walking distance of the hotel and some lovely restaurants down there, yes you do get a bit of hassle, however if you take it with a pinch of salt, most of the people just end up having a laugh with you. 9 times out of 10, if you give a polite no and just carry on walking then they leave you alone. It was only what we expected really.
We gave tips for most things and being British its not some thing we are used to doing as it doesnt seem to be in our culture, on the plus things were so cheap anyway that 50p or £1 tip is nothing and goes a long way with putting you on a better footing with the locals and can make your holiday run alot smoother. For those people who moaned about tipping, you are going to a different country where tipping is part of their culture and at the end of the day you dont have to do it, you could always say NO. Overall we had a great holiday experience and will definately be visiting Egypt again.