“Great Hotel - Great Holiday”

Tropicana Rosetta & Jasmine Club
Ranked #144 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed June 17, 2008

If your heading of to the Tropicana Rosetta Hotel, Sharm El-Sheikh anytime soon then your in for a treat.

My partner and I arrived back this morning and already we are pining to be back by the pool in the sun with the incredibly relaxed atmosphere that surrounds Sharm and the Rosetta hotel.

The hotel itself is brilliant, much better than it's three star rating, the room was a decent size, cleaned everyday and not one sign of any bugs or creepy crawly s, with air conditioning a mini fridge and a decent shower, what more could you ask for of a room that you only use to sleep and get ready in.

The pool was lovely, one of the best I have seen, the days we spent by the pool were perfect..... Amazing sun shine, shade were needed and a nice refreshing pool you could dip into whenever. The bar offered a selection of food and drink, and a top notch waiter by the name of Luca ( had to mention him as he was so helpful and friendly, put a smile on your face every time he came to speak to you.)

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as we were bed and breakfast (breakfast being from 7 - 10 we never made it.) But as there were so many amazing restaurants in Naama Bay we were glad that we had not gone all inclusive. However we heard that the food in the hotel was nice enough.

Naama Bay is just 5 mins walk away from the hotel and has the most relaxed atmosphere i've ever experienced. Beer is cheap but spirits and wine not so, but the food is so cheap and lovely with a huge variety. The maximum we paid for a dinner for two was £25 and £9 of that was for two coronas ( we couldn't resist.)
We were told before we arrived that the locals pestered you beyond belief, but from my experience this wasn't the case. A simple NO, or ignoring them was enough for them to leave you alone. It by no means stopped us going out at all.

The locals out and in the hotel were fantastic, they just could not do enough to help you and make your holiday one to remember. They also seem to love us English, as we found we often had different (cheaper) prices than the other nationalities who were there.

We went camel riding, star gazing, snorkling (which was out of this world), sight seeing in Luxor ( 35% of the world monuments are here, and would reccommend this trip rather than cairo.) Quad biking, plenty of relaxing, eating or smoking one of their famous shesha pipes (which are definately worth giving a go.)

Overall the best holiday I have ever been on and if your heading there soon I can only say I wish i was going with you. But we will definately be going back there soon enough.

Happy Holidays.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Q20
Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed June 16, 2008

Looked around for a last minute deal and picked Tropicana Rosetta for its position close to Naama Bay and the beach at Sharm el Sheikh Arriving late at night in a mini bus with luggage on top checked in easily but a trek to the room found one of the pools outside in that part of the complex made it welcoming and the staff on the go in that heat got good tips! Good choice of food, serving drinks and snacks all day at reasonable prices (find everywhere food is inexpensive in Egypt?) and good accomodation always cleaning small supermarket & shops to browse in restaurant and pub outside serving Pizza or Chinese dishes good value Danced the night away at Paacha Night Club outdoor venue with a top Ministry of sound DJ from London Drinks served enormous measures so only need one or two! Rosetta, Good for families children from age 12 up and tourists as room rates at good deals! Watch those taxi drivers get your fare first and girls take something to cover you up around the locals !

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank madamh
Reviewed June 4, 2008

This was quite a late booking on our part being desperate for a break and guaranteed sunshine. I've been to Sharm a number of times over the past few years for the diving, although my husband has never been before.

The hotel was clean and fairly well maintained, but very big and we were given a room right at the back of the hotel, which in itself was about a 5 minute walk to the main reception or for breakfast. However, we had a small pool, which we never really had a problem getting a bed at, although it was too hot to sit by the pool for most of the day as there was no breeze. We preferred to go to El Fanar instead.

The portering staff do expect a tip, so try to have some small notes handy. They will except English coins, but usually change them with guests for local currency. Don't over do it though. 10LE (£1) to the staff is a very generous tip, 3-5LE is acceptable. (30-50p)

There is a very busy main road to cross to walk down to the beach, which can be a risky business, especially at night as most cars don't use lights!

It is a pleasant stroll into the main town though and some good bars en route, but take the road to the left of the hotel after you cross, which takes you to the sea front or you have to go through the Hilton or walk along the main road.

Taxis are very easy to get and relatively cheap, but never accept the first price and barter as they expect it.

Old Sharm is worth a visit, although over recent years it has become almost as commercialised as Naama Bay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilmagic
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I'm new to this website, so this review is a bit too late. However, I feel myself bound in honour to put it here, as a word of gratitude to the owner and the staff.

Well, my husband and me visited Tropicana Rosetta at the end of June 2007 (11-day stay). That was our first trip abroad as a couple. And that was our first visit to Egypt.

Apart from our great impressions of the country and its people, I must say that there are many advantages to stay in a hotel like Rosetta. As we were only two of us, the B&B offer had suited us best: We had our breakfast in the hotel, then went to the sea or to the town, or spent our time at the pool (the pools are extremely clean and beautiful, by the way). Though we had to pay some extra money when eating out or taking some drinks at the pool, it was ok. The only problem with B&B was supper, because no beverages were available for free, and, if you took any (as Russians living in Tatarstan, we love evening tea at any weather, even when it is over 45 C outside), they were extremely expensive. However, we could partly solve that problem rather easily: We discovered some little shops in the surrounding area (and I had a nice opportunity to practice my very poor Italian and my even poorer Arabic asking the way on the first days) and bought some bottles of mineral water at very good prices there. Then we could just take a little bottle with us to quench our thirst at least. Anyway, it was also ok without hot tea. ))

I traveled to Saudi Arabia before, so I was passingly familiar with Arabic food, but my husband didn't. This is why we enjoyed our meals: I did because I love spicy things, and my husband did because it was all new to him. However, if you have a "delicate" stomach, you'd better choose some neutral, European dishes, like scrambled eggs at breakfast or very tasty mushroom cream soups in the evening, which are also easily to get in the hotel restaurants.

As to the staff, they all were extremely friendly and helpful. Some modest tips, some ingenuous smiles (I don't mean any coquetry, of course!), some words or phrases in Arabic - and they are really happy to help you. This is true! By the way, I don't know why, but I didn't really feel any "harassment". There were one or two situations, but the only thing you have to do is to ignore them. And, no way it was happened in the hotel or from the staff side. Ok, maybe I'm too ugly. )) However, I was not bothered by Arabs in this sense. Some a bit too intrusive guys offering massage when we were sunbathing at the pool disappeared as soon as we stuck out for leaving us alone.

What else? Beautiful area, much sun and wonderful sunsets, wonderful nature, sea, rather quiet guests... I would repeat myself: I was for the first time at a sea resort, maybe I just don't know better places. But this one was a paradise for us.

Pigeons in Sharm are quite different than those in our city. Having noticed one in the street, I decided to make a pictures of it on our first day. I opened my cam, and squatted a bit, since the bird was walking on the ground. There was a street cleaner working thereabout. He stopped brooming the street, looked at us, smiled and said: "Welcome to Sharm!", in a very low voice, in order not to frighten that beautiful bird away. How could one dislike that place after that?

This summer, we are going to Sharm again. However, this time we are taking our 10-year-old son with us. Of course, we suppose All Inclusive to be better for the sake of economy. So far I'm told in our travel agency, Rosetta doesn't offer All Inclusive. I swear this is the only reason why we are taking another hotel this year.

But we will surely go back to Tropicana Rosetta one day. It's really nice!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank emci-emci
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I have just returned from a week at tropicana and had a great experience during my stay there. The staff were really nice and courteous, excellent customer service; the guys I came into contact with worked really hard to make my time there comfortable. The rooms are basic but well maintained and clean, which are the most important things when youre out most of the day on excursions or sunbathing so luxury wasnt an issue. The pools were well kept and the qualified masseuse service is great and well worth the money, the stress was falling off me. Once or twice a week a traditional egyptian themed night was put on for about 80EGP (8 quid uk sterling), sounds tacky but was a great night. Me and my mate got dragged up to take part and a member of staff was kind enough to take some shots on my mates camera. We didnt realise this until afterwards and thought that was really kind of them to do that. We went half board and the breakfast and diner service was pretty good too. Im a fussy eater at the best of times so maybe im not in a position to comment as I often ventured to pizza hut or mcdonalds for food instead but there was plenty of different foods to choose from.

Overall this place was great value for money and Id stay there again if I was on a shoestring budget and wasnt looking for luxury.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank scousetraveller82
Reviewed May 17, 2008

We stayed here for 2 weeks B&B and found the hotel and staff fine. We were in the Jasmine part of the hotel which is in the newer part of the hotel about a 5-10 minute walk from the main reception. There wasn't loads of steps but there were a few slopes to go up but nothing too major. There is as second reception but I don't think it is fully functional yet so we didn't use it. We asked to change rooms on arrival as the first room had a funny smell when we flushed the toilet and was a bit shabby. The second room was on the first floor with a balcony and a lovely view of Naama Bay and the red sea. The room was fine - cleaned every day. The bathroom has a hair dryer which I found ok and I have thick hair! The TV has quite a few channels some in english including BBC World and BBC Prime. We tipped the room boy 1USD a day and got excellent service. We took a travel kettle as the rooms don't have a kettle and found this invaluable. We went back to reception and they said they had no safes left but when we checked in they told me to go and unpack and then get a safe. I stood my ground and eventually got a safe. The safes are free of charge but are very small. enough to put a wallet and phone in. But they are quite long. Breakfast was ok. There was a choice of scrambled eggs, omlettes, cold meats, pancakes etc. You can make your own toast too and just ask omlette man to do some fried eggs. There was fried potaotes too but try these with caution as they were covered in loads of garlic - not for us first thing in the morning!! We used 2 pools whilst there and found both of them fine. We mainly stuck to the one just outside our room. However there is a problem with sunbeds. What people are doing is asking the pool man to save them a sunbed and then not turing up until 3pm to use it!! Which is unfair to guest who arrive down at 9 or 10 and want to spend the day there. There was an incident where Brits took sunbeds that had been saved and at 3pm these Russian women arrived and expected their sunbed to be saved all day and they actually tipped the Brits off the sunbeds and said it was theirs. But if you want a sunbed just give the pool man a t-shirt/towel the night before and he will save it for you. Apart from that everthing else was ok. There is a pool bar by every pool serving club sandwiches/burgers lagers/soft drinkd etc. The only time we were hassled for a massage was on the first day after that they more or less left us alone. The beach was awful. The sunbeds are on top of each other. You actually have to go to the bottom of the sunbed to get off it!! There was hassle for massages, newspapers, boat trips etc and when you said no they called you a loser. You were hassled every couple minutes and if you pretend to be asleep or have your Ipod on they tap you on the shoulder!! Absoulutely awful. We only lasted there for an hour!! There is another beach next door called Viva beach which is a public beach and that was ok. We paid 30LE pp and they supplied towels. We were hassled a couple of times but nothing that would ruin the day. We aslo tried another beach which belonged to the Jolie Ville. It was the second JV beach as you walk down. They also charged us 30LE pp but as it is a private beach you get no hassle whatsoever. The Royal pub was ok but they never gave you a bill. They just wrote it down on scrap paper and showed it to you. We went there one night and there were four of us and 2 others came and had one drink and they charged us 675LE!! We were only there a couple of hours and not doing a session!! So I would advise you to pay as you go. They were also doing a buy one Sakara get a Stella free but they only did it for the first round and when we asked where our free stellas were they just pretended they couldn't understand us!! The Hotel is a 10 minute stroll to the centre of Naama Bay. Just cut through The Hilton Fayrouz which is almost opposite and it brings you out on the Promenade. We always stopped in the Pirates Bar to quench our thirst!! There is a pharmacy on site but it is expensive. He wanted 60LE for antinal. We went to Omar & Omar in naama Bay an got it for 15LE!!
We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank helenp29
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I was not expecting the hotel to be luxurious, and anyway I was not looking for luxury. For what I wanted it was fine: clean enough and well located to catch up with friends in Naama Bay, given that I was travelling alone this time. I didn't spend much time in the hotel as I was diving most days, but the only thing I really really really need to be good when I go on diving holidays is to have a good breakfast and this hotel was a real disappointment on this regard. Noisy room to start with. Not too clean tables. Not well presented. Not nice variety. And the freshest thing you can get - a made to order omelette - was made with LOTS of oil, which meant I couldn't have it. Otherwise, the hotel is fine. If you just look for a place to sleep after your diving and a walking distance location to Naama Bay AND YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT BREAKFAST...Then why not!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo