“Everything was OK”

Ranked #97 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Tallinn, Estonia
“Everything was OK”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good location, diving centre over 100 m walk.
AI food in Sultan Restorant have a space for improvement. WiFi is not working properly in rooms.
But we´ve get we expected.
weather at this time was very good (30 air, 23-24 seawater)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SultanFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
"Dear Guest,
We are reading with pleasure that you enjoyed your stay at Domina Coral Bay – Sultan Hotel.
Thank you for choosing us as destination of your holiday.

We are looking forward to welcoming you, one more time, as our guest.

Thanks and best regards,"
Hany Elfiky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Domina Sultan Hotel and resort Sharm El Sheikh.....August 2012 2nd Visit...

For a British person yes you are in the minority......problem No!

This is the 2nd time we have visited Domina Sultan and Resort and we are returning August 2013.

Yes it is an Italian run resort, yes there are Italian people there and yes also lots of Russian people.

Would/did it spoil our Holiday? No!

In fact we met so many Italian, Russian Egyptian, Jordanian amd the odd English people that were all like minded on Holiday to eat/drink enjoy the sun and have a relaxing time....we had a fantastic time and enjoyed time with all nationalitys.

The majority of people who holiday here are fine, but as in all walks of life no matter what nationality, you will always come across the odd loud or inconsiderate people.

We have made good friends with many Italian and Egyption people whilst here at Dolmina and are still in touch to date.....sign of a good holiday..

The rooms... yes they are a little dated,but they are well maintained and clean.
We had a problem with the air conditioning on numerous occasions.
One call to reception and it would be fixed within the hour...never an issue.

Reception are always happy to help, never a problem.

The bars are limited in the All Inclusive depending on the Hotel you stay in, but there are enough of them and if you plan your day right you are never far from a bar or source of fluids..

Pool areas areas are designated to your Hotel you stay in and theres always sunbed and towel availability....

Remember in an Arabic/Muslim country such as Egypt respect the locals/religions/ beliefs....
August 2012 was partly covered by Ramadam and the staff worked tirelessly all day without food or drink and never complained...
They work long hours in general and the odd tip £5-10 EGP goes a long way to supplimenting there income..

Restaurants... All restaurants on the All Inclusive are Buffet style and have a wide range of foods available for breakfast Lunch and Evening meal, never anything not to like..
Remember your in Egypt, it will not be the same as in your own country....

Fresh dishes are available every evening from the BBQ points ranging from chicken, meats fish etc...

Remember there are many other restaurants to try, that are not in the All Inclusive package that are not too expensive and you get 30% discount off the total bill as a resident of Domina resort.
Remember its a no money resort, you sign and pay later at reception, all prices are shown on the tab you sign, so keep a tab on your spending.
Pay frequently is one way to ensure no nasty additions on your bill.

Note Pizza available to your room through the night, good to know after a very late night out and you are feeling peckish....just ring the dedicated room service number...

All Inclusive drinks are served mainly in plastic glasses beer is always chilled, red or white wine available and all soft fizzy drinks no problem there ever....

Location: The resort is HUGE! There are five different bus routes running around the resort night and day "TafTafs"

There are many shops available mainly gift type shops all willing to barter....

Two main supermarkets where you can pick up everything from A-Z at a very good price.

Note about money, yes EGP is accepted but the use of € and also $ is quite common.

Taxis: Located just outside the main reception gates are of the local Bedouin people, they have to make a living, negotiate hard, pay in Euros. Nama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh €4-5 on average one way.....negotiate in the resort for your return same prices...walk away if they refuse,as they will be back.
Make sure you sign out with security and sign back in, carry ID with you.

Whilst in Namma or Sharm, eyes wide open be safe.....

Finally would i recommend it Hell Yes!! We are going back this August 2013 and staying in the Elisir Hotel for a change, will report again later in the year...

Other than that go and enjoy yourself its a great place to stay, respect the local people and they will repay ten fold........

Room Tip: Pool view are what they say Sea view room are by the sea
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Pierre H
SultanFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
"Dear Guests,
Thank you for the sincere review! It is great to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Domina Coral Bay Sultan .

Thank you for the complements about the friendliness and helpfulness of my colleagues.

We are looking forward to your return at Domina Coral Bay Sultan."

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I went to this hotel to celebrate my 40th Birthday!!! We picked Egypt as my husband had always wanted to go to Egypt.
Airport was like a cattle market and took us 2 and half hours to get out.
Hotel looks nice on outside and main reception is as the picture.
Double room is 2 single beds put together. Rooms are not of a high standard in anyway.
All inclusive is not as it seems. You can only eat in the restaurant designated to your hotel for free. All other restaurants are to pay for. All inclusive drinks an only be got from 5 places for free and then if you like drinking paint stripper you'll be fine. If you go to the arena to watch a show be warned you have to pay for your drinks.
Beach, You have a beach allocated to your hotel this also applys to the pools. The beach has lifeguards who are forever blowing there whistles as it seems you can't swim for the coral.
Food if you think you will get your moneys worth think again. My husband hardly ate for 2 weeks,he did get chips just for him as he asked for them. Food was always the same and very bland no taste and luke warm. Chicken still had blood coming out of it!!!
We did go out to Naama Bay for chinese and macdonalds.
The staff in the sultan restaurant we're lovely and couldn't do enough for you. The staff on the beach we're lovely too and the taff taff drivers. The taxi drivers we're lovely too.
I had to visit the clinic on the grounds as I broke my ankle while there, The doctor's were lovely and the staff,not that good at english so was a bit stuck but the man that asks for the money is as fluent as anything.
We had to ask for a room change as I couldn't manage all the steps to my room.
I had to go to guest relations 4 days after my accident and ask for a wheelchair myself. Guest relations cater for the Italians and Russians. English people are very rare.
It is very Hilly and an awful lot of steps and does not cater for the disabled traveller.
We asked if we could check out later as I had broke my ankle,we we're told he'd have to check with his manager and then we we're told if we signed a declaration saying we we're happy we could have it till 3.30. We refused so we we're told to be out by 12pm.
We went to guest relations to complain and basically got told the same until we said we we're seeking advice when we got home. We got our room till 3.30.
We we're glad to leave, Then we got to the airport and was told we couldn't fly home as the Dr had put the pot on my leg wrong and I needed a new one. In the end a porter cut into my pot so I could fly home.
Since i've been home I have been in and out of hospital trying to correct all the damage the Dr has done. I was rushed in as i'd lost all the circulation in my feet as the pot was too tight for 10 days. I now have a pot on for another 5 weeks.
This was our worst holiday ever and we will never be going back. We need another holiday now to recover.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle L
SultanFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

And most importantly, we the management and staff of Domina Coral Bay Sultan Hotel would like to say how sorry we are to hear that your recent experience was not up to your expectations.

If you wish to try us again, I hope you do, and if you wish to ensure you book the right room choice for you, please do contact me personally next time. It would be my pleasure to show you the hospitality and service we have become known for you.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went on 3-10 February 2013. This was my third time on this resort and 8-th to Egypt. For me everything was fine. I want to thank to the room cleaner Mohammed Yossry for his excellent work and to the young lady Sabah from restaurant bar for her sunny smile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vygandas S
"Dear returning Guest,
Every time is our pleasure to welcome you back as our guest at Domina Coral Bay Sultan. After all these years it is nice to read this review. Thank you for the sincere compliments to all the staff. We are always trying to attend to all questions and remarks of our guests, because the guests come first at Domina Coral Bay Sultan! It is great to read that every time again you enjoyed all the different aspects of our hotel.
We will be looking forward to welcome you on other occasions at Domina Coral Bay Sultan."
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went on holiday on January 2013 on this resort, it was indeed an amazing experience. The resort is truly massive and lots of a facilities to enjoy. We went all inclusive and indeed the drinks are available at certain point. The staff were very friendly and accommodating . They were attentive to our needs.The whole resort is beautiful . However.... I have quiet few issues , these might just be minor but it did bother me a bit.
Firstly, this resort has got an hour ahead time difference, the only resort in t whole Sharm. Because it seems the day goes quick, and find it confusing organising stuff outside this resort. Secondly I kinda missed fellow British holiday makers or just even some English speaking tourists, as this resort is full of Russians and Italians. And of course we felt a bit out of place.
Thirdly, the food didn't really appeal to me. It was just ok for me.
I did enjoy the entertainment and of course the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SultanFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay In Domina Coral Bay Sultan Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you had An Amazing Holiday with us.
and thank you for highlighting the level of our property facilities, as well as your nice comments about the staff which we believe is our biggest asset .

We have noted your valuable suggestions; guests’ comments are very valuable and assist us in achieving better service excellence that we constantly strive for.

I do hope we will have the great privilege to welcome you back again and to exceed your expectations on your next stay; prior e mail with booking details will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely ,
Hany El Feky
cairo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was in vacation with my family and this I think our 7th or maybe 8th visit to this lovely place we tried some other places before we settled on domina coral bay for so many reasons first it have a variety of all the activities dancing, fitness, aqua aerobics, the staff was very helpful, we were living in building 51 very nice location, magnificent sea view near the pool and it’s only 5 minutes to the beach and you can always take a small car which is circulating around.
The territory is beautiful! and they taking good care of the flowers and plants!
Food was good but was often cold. However there was a man who made fresh pasta and sauce for you when you went up which was always hot and tasty , even the wine you could drink, Mini bar was great, topped up everyday with 2 liters of water, 3 cans of coke, Thank you very much for wonderful time.

Room Tip: i'm a big fan of the sea view in the early morning, so i would recommend a sea view room either...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SultanFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Hany_Saad "Thank you sincerely for your review.

We appreciate that enormously! We are happy to read that our full service concept were so joyful to you!

Our Team thanked you very much! It is our priority to make you feel at home,
We are looking forward to make your next stay as great as this one."

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

First i would like to say that i have never been to Egypt before and did not want to go but was forced by my wife, she has written her own review under the name of ANGELB Nottingham UK ,
It was also my first time on any holiday to go ALL INCLUSIVE but the holiday for 1 week in the 3rd week of January cost £320 including including Flights, transfers, Room, Food and Drink. I dont know about you but i cannot stay in Nottingham, England for that so in conclusion I can only say that it was a great break to get away from the snow and i would definatley go again next year, But there are some things i would like other travellers to know..........

1st the food was as all non english food (Different Not Bad Just Different) but there was always plenty to eat and always something to my palette.

2nd The Drinks were always served in small cups, much like the cups that come out of vending machines in the UK, on the plus side, you can ask for 2 at a time.

3rd There is a lot of Russian and Italian guests, But in my experience of travelling when you are in a foreign country the people speak a different language, so does it really matter what language that is ? The Staff speak English and thats what matters

4th and most Important in my opinion... Every single member of staff tries their best to make your stay as happy as possible once they realise you are English ( even though i am scottish lol ) they just love the british and continually complement us as a nation for being so nice.

5th The resort has specific staff in uniforms called "Guest Relations Staff" who travel around the resort all day but their standard of English was the worst of all staff on site, Worse than room cleaners, this really should be addressed. They really seemed to be more helpfull to the russian and Italians. perhaps employ a couple of specificlly English Relations officers and make sure the English can contact them ???? only a thought.

6th It advertises as an 5 star hotel but i would honestly say it is a 3 star (As no 5 star hotel i have ever been in, has had a shower CURTAIN but rather they have had glass screens.) But i did get the impression the hotel is trying to improve and with time i am sure it will achieve that goal.

The room Mini bar is re-stocked every day free of charge when you are "All Inclusive" nice touch

In conclusion it seems the management are activly trying to attract British Travellers to their resort so i would expect them to address some of my comments.

I would definatley try it again next January. As all in all it was cheap, cheerfull and not snowing.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the Taf Taf route as it is a massive resort, the taftaf is a free jump on off o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alex M
SultanFOManager, Front Office Manager at Domina Coral Bay Sultan, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay IN Domina Coral Bay Sultan Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay with us again. Team Domina Coral Bay Sultan is proud to keep up with your expectations during all your stays.

I am very pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are considering recommending Domina Coral Bay Sultan. I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you back again and to exceed your expectations on your next stay ,prior e mail with booking details will be highly appreciated .

"Best wishes,