“Fantastic”

Domina Coral Bay Oasis
Ranked #75 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I thought that my stay at this hotel was amazing. The staff are very polite, sociable and professional. The food was delicious and always up to the highest standards. The rooms were always clean and the view was amazing. The only thing that I think the hotel should improve is having better internet. But other than that, it would be pleasure to revisit this hotel.

Room Tip: Nice view to wake up to in the morning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Minnah E
There are newer reviews for Domina Coral Bay Oasis

Reviewed February 26, 2014

First of all we stayed in the Oasis but after 2 days we upgraded to the Harem site. The room ,the pool, the restaurant ,the food and especialy the staff were excellent . It was like being in a different place I have to thank--Hany EL Fiky for all his help. I also have to thank Miabdo the restaurant manager for looking after us so well. Thanks also to Medhat who was so helpful, Hassan was also very good. Our room cleaner Mohammed was superb. So the main write up is to upgrade straight to the Harem and you will have a wonderful holiday its so much more classy the the oasis which was only 2-3 star max.(the food was terrible) and the staff not as helpful as the staff in the Harem. Its a very enjoyable walk down to the beach through beautiful gardens and steps.Try to book a garden room they are so peaceful. Thanks again t o the Harem staff.

Room Tip: We had room 610-29 (4 poster bed, garden view and very peaceful) early morning sun was lovely to wak...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

the positives
the staff
all the staff are very smart and hard working , nothing is too much trouble
the rooms
functional clean comfortable beds and good bathroom aircon works ok
check in was smooth and made to feel welcome luggage was put on a resort bus and taken the room block 34 near reception

the negatives
this is the 3rd time we have stayed in sharm so have something to benchmark against
all inclusive bar
plastic cups day and night
vodka that tastes like Bacardi and gin mixed ?
dining
food was a bit strange mostly edible but not to the standard you would expect for somewhere supposed to be 5*
the toilet for the all inc bar was disgusting it absolutely stank ,it was that bad we did not have much to drink on a night in case we had to use it ,
the beach 3 to choose from but only allowed on one
getting around the resort which is massive ,you could use the bus or walk up and down a few hundred steps and hills over the course of the day
no water left in the room (included at most other 5*hotels) or bottles on the table in the dining area(not going to call it a restaurant)more like a canteen
and finally check out
they have this bizarre time thing where the time is an hour in front of the rest of Egypt so check out was 11 am
handed in the room key and cards had all inclusive band cut off ,cheerio bye-bye
pick up at 3 pm
at around 2.30pm another guest told us we could have used the all inclusive facilities until we left because we had not arrived until 7 pm in the evening ,sadly reception did not tell us this when checking us out
so final summary
this is like an Italian Pontins with a lot of Russians walking round in Budgie smuggler speedo trunks at most its a 3 star

Room Tip: book another hotel ?
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family and I stayed at this resort May last year, my main motive for choosing this hotel was for the location, the beautiful surroundings and the private beach. Also because travel republic, who we had booked with at the time advised us last-minute that the hotel we chose initially was going through “major renovations” and this was the next best thing and closest to our budget!!
When we first arrived I must say the views did not disappoint!! As you look out from the balcony towards the end of the reception you can see the entire resort and the beach, which looked astonishing.
During check in, we were given the option to go and visit the restaurant and eat our first meal on the resort, the food was buffet style and there was a variety to choose from. However, most of it was bland and tasteless, also during the course of the week my stomach stopped agreeing with the food and I experienced mild diarrhoea which I believed was due to the tuna. The breakfast option was more pleasant with a selection of fresh fruits arrays and sweet and savoury, as well as cereal and yoghurt.
Our bedroom view was lovely, we had our own balcony, which looked out to the pool and garden, the décor was abit old fashioned but it didn’t bother me. Please be warned, however, the hygiene standard was not of 4 star, upon inspection I discovered a dead cockroach on the floor (and a live one during the week), also there was a horrible stench in the shower room and toilet, although the cleaners came in every day, the smell would not leave. The floor was pretty dirty and we had to wear footwear at all times to avoid black under feet.
During our stay we experienced two power cuts and we was very disappointed to learn that the hotel being the largest resort in sharm el sheikh did not have a backup generator; as we looked out of our window the whole resort was pitch black and even in our bedrooms we had to use our phone torchlight to try and locate each other, eventually when we got to the phone, we rang reception a number of times explaining to them how we felt unsafe however, they spoke very little English and were not very helpful.
The resort itself, is huge and difficult to get around on foot however, they do provide a shuttle bus service called the “Taf Taf” which comes every 15 minutes and goes to the various places that you need. Also the resort is ideally located 20minutes from Naama Bay by taxi and 30mins from the Old Market(which is ideal for souvenirs)
Overall, I did enjoy my stay here however; I believe that Domina Coral Bay is not of 5 star quality; the standards of the room and food was not what I would have expected for a 5 star hotel, next time I would much rather stick to a smaller hotel which is able to control the quality and standards of the service it provided to its customers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bilkis B
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is the best holiday destination, no matter what other people say but it is beautiful, it is 100% more beautiful in reality than in pictures, i should recommend you all to go there i garantee you would enjoy and the staff is as beautiful as much as the resort is, and food is yummy but just that you have to add salt and pepper yourself since not every1 likes it so the put spices seperate if need, am in love want to go back

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank xxbubblegum
Reviewed February 16, 2014

When we first arrived, it was an hour later than Egyptian time, however, once we got used to it, it was fine, not a problem, as the meal times ran around Domina time. I was quite overwhelmed at the size of the place, it was massive!! Took us a few days to get used to our room, to get to our AI restaurant. I forgot to mention, that on our arrival, we were upgraded to Aquamarine from Oasis..that was a fabulous start!! We had a sea and pool view.

We quickly found out which Taf Taf we needed to get on, the drivers tell you if you tell them where you want to end up, but like I said, we found short cuts, using stairs instead of walking on the main roads and walking around the accommodations.

We had our first evening and breakfast at the Coral restaurant, we found it too big, the Elmastaba restaurant was smaller and more for us, and we ate there for the rest of the holiday.

Staff did all they could for you, very helpful and polite. Room was cleaned everyday, bar staff were brilliant....oh not to forget the waiters that brought me ketchup in the mornings at breakfast. We didn't make any trips down for lunch, instead we made sandwiches with the bread buns, with sliced meat and cheese, and ate at the pool....that was because we thought it was a trek down to the restaurant. There was fresh pasta made every night at the station, and also barbequed meats every night. (I might add, that I'm not fussy with food, I can generally find some thing to eat, just some reviews complain about the food, and how bad it was....my friend did find it was mainly a carb diet for her)

We even had a little flutter at the casino, which wasn't busy. They have an arena for their shows, a little dance troupe of about 10, very glamorous costumes, we saw a tribute to Elvis, Michael Jackson, and some of the stage shows, which was quite entertaining, little bit different to the usual shows that are from the hotel animation teams.

We had a problem with the electric on one night, where we showered in the dark, but the main room itself had electric, sometimes it did go off with the key in the slot you put in for the electric, we just wiggled it, and it came back on again. Wasn't a problem except for the one night, as I couldn't dry my hair with their dryer in the bathroom, the plug points weren't working for our own hair dryer. I'd reported it, and they were trying to fix it, as fast as they could.

The walk down the beach wasn't too far, there's the Bahia bar before you get down there, there's a jetty to get into the sea due to the coral....so in at the deep end!! A walk further down the beach, lets you get into the sea from the beach. The snorkelling was amazing to see all the fish!! Just at that mid point, there were open air classes found it on the last day, they were doing a Zumba class, which, normally when only eating and sunbathing on holiday, it's an added bonus to keep fit. As we handed our towels in at the end of the day, there was a yoga class, which we joined in for half an hour, which was lovely. There was also a volley ball court, 4 if I remember rightly, if you wanted more exercise. Had I have found it sooner, I'd have doing the classes there everyday!!!

I would definitely return to this resort, amazing views, amazing people. Thank you so very much!!!

Would just like to point out, that it is only just 10 mins in a car from the airport, we got stung from the taxi drivers at the airport, they wanted 300 Egyptian pounds, got them down to 240, but they were still laughing all the way....from the hotel you can book one of their cars to the airport, and the cost was 121 Egyptian pounds. Apparently, when you arrive at the airport, you can call the hotel to pick you up, which a lot of the Italians do....the driver told me on our way home.

If you want a more nicer/expensive holiday, I'm sure the Domina Elisir or Prestige would be better in the resort. I'm still happy with our upgrade!! :-)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maddikat
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This hotel is absolutely amazing!!! The staff are the most friendly and polite people I have ever met. It was our first time there and are already planning our return trip and only got home yesterday!! The hotel is very clean and beautiful to look at. We was not too keen on some of the food but in general we had the best time. I will definitely be returning to this hotel and would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The resort is very big so choose a room close to reception, although there are internal shuttle buse...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel O
DominaCoralBay C, Guest Relations Manager at Domina Coral Bay Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review you have written about your stay at Domina Coral Bay Oasis.
We very much appreciated your positive comments about our team and are happy to know that we met with success your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you again in our Resort.
Sincerely Yours