This hotel is absolutely appalling. This was my grandmothers and myself first trip to Sharm El Sheikh and because of this hotel, probably our last!
Let me start with the room - the room felt very unclean. Especially the bathroom. We were supplied with dirty towels covered in stains on most days, along with bed sheets and covers also with stains.
The food - goodness me. I strongly advise anyone, if you insist on travelling to this hotel, do not bother going all inclusive. The food is not edible. The smell and taste makes you gag. It was absolutely repulsive. Me and my nan survived on dry bread - there wasn't even any butter! We survived on bread for a week. We were very hungry when we got home.
Drinks - the soft drinks didn't taste how they should, however the alcohol was very nice.
The bar closed for all inclusive at 10pm! Which is ridiculously early. All other all inclusive hotels I have visited do not close until gone midnight!
The people however were all very very friendly. In fact I was sad to say goodbye. They were all very willing to help you and extremely polite. The people were the highlight of the accommodation.
Now for Sharm itself - what a dump! At the side of the road, where ever you go, rubbish! It looked like a dumping ground. Not at all what pictured when I had sharm el sheikh in my head.
Dispite all of this - this was a fantastic holiday. Very hot, with lots of sun. However the daylight hours aren't that long in November/December (it is winter, even at 33 c!) we had a proper laugh, even though this hotel was a complete train crash. Oh, and just another note - avoid eastmhar tours - they were over an hour late picking us up on arrival for our transfer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luna Sharm Hotel is an attractive low rise hotel that is located amongst palm trees and beautiful scenery. This hotel offers comfort and great value for money and is ideal for families and couples. This elegantly designed hotel is located in heavenly place of Om El Sid Hill only in a few miles from Naama Bay the center of Sharm-El-Sheikh. The Old Market of Sharm and famous street "Il Mercato", where you can find a number of cafes, restaurants, shops and even an Aquapark are nearby. A cozy hotel is proud of its excellent service, spacious and comfortable rooms and good food. The convenient location of the Luna sharm Hotel allows to inspect the Sharm-El-Sheikh or to visit Naama Bay independently. In addition, the hotel is close to the bus station from where buses depart to Cairo and Dahab. The hotel complex is represented by two two-storey buildings, whose facades are decorated in typical Arabian style. The interior is without any frills: everything is very easy and very comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Sharm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Luna Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Luna