The Luna Sharm was exactly as we expected for the price we paid, with good sized, clean rooms, comfy bed and adequate food, with the added bonus of very friendly staff, and lovely gardens. The Hotel is not luxurious but if we had wanted 5* we would have chosen and paid for a 5* Hotel. As we go to Sharm-El-Sheikh to go diving (and have been several times before), we usually look for a smaller Hotel which acts as a comfy base for our diving holiday.
The Bar and Restaurant staff in particular were very friendly – Reda the Bar Manager is a lovely man and always made sure our glasses were topped up. Although I never have high expectations of all-inclusive food, the staff made a big effort to try new dishes according to the different nationalities staying, and there was always a large selection of dishes available. Although we ate out in the evenings for about half of our stay (as we enjoy going into Naama Bay for a change of scene), I enjoyed breakfast every day, with plenty of choice and eggs made to order. Yes, I asked for butter every day but I always got it straight away without any problem (asking nicely helps, which I’m sure not everyone does!). Mosquitoes are a big problem in the whole area (including neighbouring 4 and 5* Hotels!), not just in the Luna Sharm Hotel, and we are very fortunate in that we don’t suffer allergic reactions/didn’t get badly bitten.
Our only tiny complaint was that there were two karaoke evenings during our stay - we booked this Hotel specifically as there was no ‘entertainment programme’. But I understand that the staff were just trying to cater for the guests, and we just about managed to drown it out with a DVD and headphones!
We will definitely return to the Luna Sharm in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luna Sharm Hotel is an attractive low rise hotel that is located amongst palm trees and beautiful scenery. This hotel offers comfort and great value for money and is ideal for families and couples. This elegantly designed hotel is located in heavenly place of Om El Sid Hill only in a few miles from Naama Bay the center of Sharm-El-Sheikh. The Old Market of Sharm and famous street "Il Mercato", where you can find a number of cafes, restaurants, shops and even an Aquapark are nearby. A cozy hotel is proud of its excellent service, spacious and comfortable rooms and good food. The convenient location of the Luna sharm Hotel allows to inspect the Sharm-El-Sheikh or to visit Naama Bay independently. In addition, the hotel is close to the bus station from where buses depart to Cairo and Dahab. The hotel complex is represented by two two-storey buildings, whose facades are decorated in typical Arabian style. The interior is without any frills: everything is very easy and very comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Luna Sharm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Luna Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Luna