“awful awful awful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #219 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
York, United Kingdom
“awful awful awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I dont understand how people had a great time at this hotel!!!
me and my partner stayed here and i can honestly say its the worst holiday of my life,apart from the staff and the people we met everything else was a nightmare.
We was ill for the first week (from the disgraceful "food" in the canteen lukily we only had a week of been ill this couple we met her husband was ill for the whole 2weeks and couldnt leave his hotel room!!
This hotel has put me off egypt for life the smells,the dirt,the food.
Some of the housekeeping staff asking my parner for his clothes as we left!!!
I lost a stone on this holiday because i refused to eat

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!

and as a few guests have sadi in other reviews it 100% needs knocking down..
The nice staff should be in a nice hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank srob1986

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed a al diwain for 2 weeks, quiet but fun family hotel, rooms good size with everything you need, all staff are brilliant and can't do enough for you, two good sized pools with daily and evening activities and entertainment, special thank you to Mohamed (food and beverage) and Jo and Greg from the animation team they were brilliant and made our holiday one to remember, can't wait to go back

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Bradleymanchester
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Al Diwan in Sharks Bay. First impressions weren't great; the fridge packed up after a couple of hours of arriving and the first meal I had on my first evening was almost inedible. Thankfully I was only B&B, so I could get my evening meal elsewhere. This place is incredibly cheap, I'd read bad reviews of it on here before I went, but I bit the bullet and went through with my booking. It has seen better days definitely, but my room was cleaned daily, new clean towels supplied, and I had good nights sleep as there were no mozzies. I have travelled a lot and expected to be bothered by mozzies but it was a bonus to discover there weren't any. The staff were generally very cheerful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, apart from the one abrupt and surly barman. What can you expect people? it's not 5 star, but somewhere to shower & sleep after a day of looking at the fishes on the magnificent reef all around - stop whingeing and see the beauty around you !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank andy b
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

On arriving at the hotel we weren't all that impressed but as the week passed it grew on us! The staff were fab and went out of their way to give us what we wanted.

The hotel was clean and the cleaners were in everyday giving clean towels etc.

The animation team, Jo and Greg, were brilliant... We were shown everything in Sharm and they made sure we got to and from the clubs safely. We wouldn't have gone out at all if it wasn't for them taking us out. They could answer any questions we had about the hotel and the area and were incredibly helpful with everything.

The food wasn't bad but the variety was poor, same food everyday.

The bar shuts at 10 for all inclusive drinks which is far too early. They charge you for bottles of water and we expected this to be provided given the temperature!

Would go go back, mainly for the people but all the same a fab holiday!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Annie18777
Harlow, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

pay just a little more and go somewhere else, this place will ruin your holiday. staff just laugh at any problems you have, food is cold and disgusting, its all about money you pay more money in tips.go 4 or 5 star, egypt is a great place to go, just dont go to the al diwan unless you want your children coming out of the pool with badly cut feet because of broken tiles. you have been warned....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Debbie M

Travelers are raving about these Sharm El Sheikh hotels

Katowice, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed in al diwan in August 2012, Nice hotel with cozy rooms, great, friendly and helpful service. The food was really good. The pool was fine and clean every day. Well organized of free time during the day. Dinners outside by the pool is a big plus. Most pleasant memories of the seller in the hotel shop! Professional residents with a positive attitude to tourists. This hotel is defenetly a 3* plus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Magda106
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Please please never book this hotel from hell, stayed for a week 23rd april,I don't know where to start food: disgusting is all I can say think the flies eat more than what I did, constant battle to eat, dirty table cloths, napkins, cups the list goes on, room: out dated live wires hanging out air con worked when it felt like it, and as for the getting bitten 24/7, I had 75 bites just on my back, my arms, legs even in my head was covered, my wife cried the first night and wanted a flight home that night, she was in a worst state than me by the time the doctor had to see us, I could go on all day about this hotel from hell, never again, if it was not for the 8 British couples we became friends with and helped us out, then god knows what we would have done, not what it makes out to be on its web site at all

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple