“Perfect Holiday :-)”

Ranked #18 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Perfect Holiday :-)”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

So want to be back at Club Magic. Miss everything about it. Have recommended it to everyone I know. So much variety food wise, didn't get the dreaded 'Bug', and drinks were easily accessed. Loved how our fridge in room was stocked up daily as well. Staff were fab...so polite and friendly .Entertainment was awesome, different themes every night, which was fab. Usually get really bad drag queens/karoke....This place was something else. Some holiday makers were rude to staff, remember they work hard for peanuts in that heat.. Get a grip! No need for rudeness. Cannot fault the hotel or staff. One minor issue was the sunbeds. We personally had no issues at all with getting beds, however it does state that you cannot reserve the beds, some people were putting towels down then going off for the day. I found this to be quite unfair to people staying at the hotel. Namma Bay, wow! what an experience. Didn't really go out of complex so can't comment on trips etc, however, all info was at hotel and easily accessed. Already looking to book again for the evry near future. Club Magic........I'll see you soon. X.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,259)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Overall, an enjoyable holiday. I've given it 3 out of 5 on trip advisor because I couldn't decide between 3 or 4. Ideally it would be 3.5.

Firstly the good. Generous sized rooms, clean with decent enough bathroom. The pool areas are nice, but you do have to get up early to get a space round the relax pool. The gardens are really impressive and it's a pleasure to walk around the complex. We spent more time on the beach than by the pool, mainly because my wife loved the snorkelling. Even if you don't want to go in the water, you really can see an amazing array of fish, crabs, eels etc from the pier. Also, we booked through Thompson Holidays and got a very good deal. The Thompson rep that we saw was very helpful too, and all but one of the staff at the hotel were great. My favourite was the little guy that works in one of the bars. I don't know why but every time he saw me he did a strange bunny hop dance thing which was funny if a bit weird!!

Now the bad. You can't make a pina colada without pineapple juice!!! A minor complaint, but I gave up on ordering them as without pinapple juice, they didn't taste right. Island Mai Tai and Cobacobanas ended up being our favourites. Food was disappointing for me. On the surface there looks like a lot of choice, but if like me you are a vegetarian, you may be in for eating a lot of salad. There just wasn't enough choice of hot food, especially on Mexican night when bizarrely they removed the chillis from the salad card. I ended up eating salad with hot sauce because there was no hot vegetarian alternative apart from the standard non mexican pizza and pasta. Similiarly Chinese night was annoying. Only one noodle dish, which had chicken. Lots of people including us got ill. I'm not blaming the resort, but if you go, please take some medicine with you. Lastly, the bloke who runs the archery!! From the start he made it clear that he didn't like me. I have no idea why, but after the second session which he completely lost control of, I would have happily paid money to fire an arrow at him!! Not friendly, and clearly in the wrong job. Thankfully he was the exception. All of the other staff were nice and friendly.

Lastly, in June, it is VERY HOT!! I don;t mind this but it may be a bit too much for some people.

3 Thank ZIPPYKF
West Midlands
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well where do I start, we arrived to the hotel 20 mins if that after coming out of the airport and was greeted with a cold flannel and juice whilst we checked in.
our room was in black 18 perfect all around, beds were comfy room was just the right size (your only in it for the time you sleep) bathroom was perfectly adequate for what you need it for at the end of the day.
food was fantastic, lots of different spicy foods, fish and the usual spag boll chips and pizza there was just so so much to choose from.
mai thai had fajitas at lunch time which were lovely and very very filling.
the entertainment at this hotel is second to none (I wish I had packed my trainers!!!) there was always a gym class or volley ball or water polo going on.
the staff at this hotel are fab, we did not have to move off our sunbeds even for drinks (a little tip goes a long long way)
the swimming pool is massive and perfect for the lilos I had packed.
its a little too hot for my liking (42 degrees) was in the pool more than on my sunbed, even the pool was warm too...
the beach is not great at all but im not a beach person so this did not bother us at all, snorkelling was fantastic we did a VIP Cruise with THOMSON and would certainly recommend it..
we never ventured down to the activity pool before 8.30 and always got a sun bed.
I went with my friend we had a twin room and did not feel uncomfortable at all, there seemed to be lots of friends in twos and in bigger groups as well as couples and family's

the grounds of the hotel are kept to a high standard and look absolutoy stunning well down magic life.

sad im home but have been looking at other club magic hotels as they have about 10 all over and cant wait to book another holiday and it will most defiantly be a club magic life hotel.

Room Tip: block 18 was perfect near to the pool near to the reception near to the restaurants
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 29th May to 9th June with a friend...what a fantastic 10 days! Honestly cannot fault this place!
The rooms were cleaned every day and if you wanted you could get fresh towels every day, all you had to do was place them in the shower. Often we left ours on the balcony to dry but were still given fresh ones. Our room was in block 19 which is at the back of the complex, this did not bother us at all. I think it is blocks 15 and 18 that look out onto the pool! The gardens were well kept, gardeners were seen out every day and the sprinklers were put on at night.
The entertainment team definitely helped make our holiday. I was always doing something, playing cards, water volleyball, water basket ball, beach volleyball, "extreme sport" boccia and shuffle board and the pool games (which were so much fun and got everyone around the pool involved!!). At night there were shows put on between 9.30pm and 10.30pm and then music was played until 12midnight. There is a 24hr bar if you want to stay up later...which most nights we did and took great advantage of it! There was also some nights were the team would take you to hard rock cafe, which you paid £25 (sterling or £250 egyptian) which covered your travel there and back, entry and all inclusive drinks until 2am. On a Wednesday it is ladies night so ladies only need to pay £10 (sterling). I would especially like to say a big thank you to Sezgin, Huseyin, Nida and Ugur who were all fantastic and really did make our holiday!
All the staff were very nice and always made sure everything was to your satisfaction. There was 2 occasions where i was asked if i wanted to meet with staff once they had finished work, one accepted my decline and continued to talk to me, the other became very childish...stopped taking to me and was reluctant to severe me at the bar (my friend has already explained this in a previous post though).
If you plan on doing the excursion then take plenty of money (the trip to Cairo to see the pyramids was £179 but that was including your flight there and back plus seeing the tour there. I did not to this trip so I don't know how expensive things are when you are there). I did however do the quad adventure and it was amazing! The pictures that get taken only cost £2 (sterling). Apart from the excursions you do not need much money! But do keep some money for the airport as they do not accept Scottish notes (which really annoyed me)!
A lot of people complain about the food in Egypt and we did hear of some people in our hotel saying the had up set stomachs. I didn't suffer anything like that! The food was always lovely and although it was buffet it was always warm! There are 3 al a carte restaurants which you need to book the day before you want to go. We kept forgetting to book so only went to the mia tia one...BEAUTIFUL! We then went back there for lunch the rest of our holiday.

Over all i had an amazing holiday, there is always something to do and something for everyone! I have already looked at going back to this hotel as i loved it so much!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hazel G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just returned from a week at Club Magic Life and echoing a previous review our holiday started off well but quickly went down hill!

Our hotel room was clean - although a little dated and could do with a bit of a touch up especially in the bathroom! The grounds were lovely and well kept and the views from the jetty on the beach were amazing. There was a wide variety of food on offer but that's where all the good things end.

Before going I read a few reviews which said that there were problems with the birds in the outside eating area, that they were constantly on tables and flying around. However this is not the big problem with the birds. The problem is that they fly into the main restaurant, in particularly at breakfast and lunch time and SIT and EAT the food!!! This is completely UNACEPTABLE and UNHYGENIC and I am sure in breach of the hygiene certificates the hotels states it has!

We then were unlucky enough to encounter the “Pharaoh’s revenge” stomach bug (I am not completely convinced that it is unrelated to the food in the hotel and the bird issue!) which meant that we spent the last few days of our holiday eating nothing more that bread rolls and chips for breakfast lunch and dinner and drinking a lot of water! In the end we had to visit the onsite doctor who provided us with antibiotics and sickness tablets for £10 as “UK” medication does not work!

I would not recommend this hotel to my friends and family until they sorted the issue with the birds in the main restaurant, I can safely say we won’t be visiting again!

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Club magic life is definitely a couples holiday! Will make this review short & sweet...

Fantastic from the first to the last moment. The beach is so lovely.. Fish are amazing and so relaxing so watch. Food is good (lots to choose from) entertainment could be better (but still good). Good choice of bars and a le carte resteraunts to pick from. Waiters and cleaners have no faults.

DO NOT BOOK TAXI FROM HOTEL - total rip off, do not be scared to walk up to the main road and negotiate a taxi with driver. Plenty of taxi's are about (plus they peep when passing so you know they are there)

Soho square & naama bay are definitely a must for shopping! (50 Egyptian pounds for these trips for taxi) do not pay any higher!

Excursions - well worth booking the "intimate desert experience" loved every moment. Quad biking, camel ride and BBQ with the Bedouin tribes on Sinai desert - what an experience!

& last but not least, would also like to thank club magic life for a wonderful holiday and introduction to my first ever holiday to Egypt. Fantastic!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank GT94--x
Sheffield
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to this hotel on the 19th of June for a weeks holiday/early honeymoon and had the most amazing time ever.
After a lengthy 5 and a half hour flight with lots of screaming kids on the plane, and a bit of a bumpy landing, which gave my partner serious back ache, we then walked to the coach and after 20 minutes, arrived at the hotel and was given a cold drink and a cool towel, upon seeing my partner had issues walking, they kindly offered a resort transport car, but, my partner declined.
We then got escorted to our room, which was immaculate with a lovely sea view (which we couldn't see at night, but, was lovely when we saw it the next day).
The fridge was well stocked with cold water and fizzy drinks, the TV wasn't bad, a few good films now and again, but, we wasn't here to watch TV.
The next day we got up to find out we was in the perfect spot, right between the activity pool and the beach, block 15, and it was very quiet and nice and cool, perfect in the extreme heat.
Food was great, breakfast usually consisted of either an omelette or a boiled egg and other items that other people have mentioned.
There was always entertainment happening somewhere and the pool side entertainment was brilliant, always loved the games such as skipping on the surfboard and the Jambo Jambo song.
Tried a few drinks whilst there and enjoyed every single one of them, I also enjoyed practicing my egyptian arabic and always said is salem alykum and Shukran or Shukran Gazeelan (hello and thankyou or thank you very much) and the staff always smiled and tried to help me with my pronounciation.
We booked the VIP trip through the Thomson's rep at the hotel, £49 per person and a really great day out, well worth it.
The internet at the internet cafe is free, but, don't bother, it is unbelievable slow, my advice is spend £3 for an hour, £12 for a day or £48 for the week, I usually bought a few 1 hour sessions because you can only use the 1 hour on 1 device and seeing as me and my partner had a device each, we both had time on the net.
The jetty and the beach is beautiful, I had a great time snorkelling off the jetty.
I booked a trip out with Falcon Adventures, the Ultimate Desert Experience, and will be placing a review about them, basically, an amazing evening out, well worth it.
So, all in all, an amazing, wonderful, brilliant holiday, the staff are so helpful and would do anything to help you.
Would love to go again, but, we shall see.

1 Thank kry10