“Fabulous holiday”

Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Ranked #18 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Had a wonderful 11 days there. weather, hotel and the whole thing is faultless.
Dont usually bother with writing reviews but feel I have to put across a review, so others will go there. Took a couple of days to get my bearings and find my way around. Did VIP cruise and Sinai Stargazer trip. bother very enjoyable.
The couple of small problems were quickly resolved by staff, who were all friendly and helpful

Reviewed March 25, 2013

After a break of two years I returned to Sharm with my wife. This time we chose to stay at Club Magic Life. Our first impression of the hotel was that it was much bigger than those we have stayed in, in our previous visits to Sharm. The grounds are extensive and very well maintained, gardeners everywhere. After a couple of days we had got out bearings and settled down for a very enjoyable stay.
Weather: clear blue skies, temperatures in the 30's, one day was said to have reached 43degC! no rain or snow, unlike the UK.

The room was quite large, comfortable and everything worked. It was bug free and was fumigated during our stay. I was only bitten three times, an all time low for Egypt and I think that was on the beach.

We settled at the relax pool, nice and quiet and close to our room in block 22. The pool was cool but clean and quite a few people were swimming in it. Don't know if it was colder than the activity pool as we didn't frequent the latter.

We really liked the effort made to decorate the dining area each evening, a different theme each evening, with live music.

The food was the best we have encountered in Egypt. People will always argue the the hotel is not 5star but we always found a good selection to eat, particularly at lunch times and yet again experienced no tummy upsets. The sauces and flavourings were very good. Chicken Tikka tasted and looked like Chicken Tikka. The pastry chefs had a very light touch, their finger sponges were to die for - well done.

Considering that the hotel was full, unlike next door which had 20% occupancy, the staff were friendly and cheerful. We were particularly impressed with lifeguard on the jetty, who was subjected to a disgusting tirade by a lady whose bread roll he confiscated when she attempted to feed the fish. The signs were very clear banning feeding. I was ashamed to be British.

Activities around the hotel weren't pushed on you. There were clear timetables posted in several places and it was upto the holidaymakers to paticipate when and where they wanted too.

I must mention Nida who ran the archery activity. He put up with my ineptness for two weeks. I didn't improve but I enjoyed myself, thanks Nida.

There are a few minuses.

At the relax pool there were no dedicated toilets or changing rooms, people were expected to use the nearby spa. My wife found this slightly irritating, it was quicker to go back to our room to change after swimming.
The other slight winge was the evening entertainment which didn't get going until 9.30pm. A bit late for us but ok for the nightbirds.

Would we return to this hotel? Definitely YES.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for block 22 with a pool view. It ticked all of our boxes.
4  Thank john m
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I don't know where to start on this hotel as there are so many positive things to say about it. I just got back from the club yesterday with my dad. We went away for a week purposely for some diving as we are keen! We booked the hotel on value for money and that it's all inclusive. It is extremely handy not having to pay for absolutely everything. All drinks are free as is food.

Now i know some people are reading some reviews that say "the food was excellent'. I personally struggled to believe this when i read them as an all inclusive normally doesn't do good food! However i must say that the food at this hotel was exceptionally good! All the staff were extremely friendly even the ground staff had the effort to even say "Hi how are you" that for me makes the hotel just a little bit extra special.

The diving with the Magic Divers was extremely good and i enjoyed every minute of it. The instructors there are extremely good and very friendly. Watch out for prices though as they may creep up on you! The boat we took was excellent and the boat trips included lunch which was great.

I was put into one of the ground rooms of the hotel. The hotel is extremely big and there are many blocks. I was in block 18 which was dead centre around 30 seconds from the main restaurant and pool! The rooms are nice and if you have your doubts at first, hold on as they are extremely comfortable! I had very good night sleeps there.

Obviously the hotel isn't in top notch condition there are some areas that need tarting up a bit but it really is hardly anything. There are 3 restaurants which are actually like proper restaurants which is nice and isn't a buffet so thats a good change. But the food everywhere in the hotel was extremely good.

So, my advice is do trust the reviews you see which say the food is excellent as it really is and is a very enjoyable hotel. I seriously recommend you going here as it is a good hotel for all ages with kids club running and scuba diving for the others and just relaxing by the pool or on the big private beach that they have or doing some activities with the staff such as beach volleyball or football! You will NOT get bored on this holiday.

For any questions about the hotel don't hesitate to ask me!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper floors as the view is much better and the room is much lighter - blo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jamie N
Reviewed March 25, 2013

First, we would like to apologise for the delay in not reviewing earlier.
We visited in November of 2012. We have travelled far and wide and rarely want to settle by a pool or the beach.
We are so glad that we broke that habit and chose the Club Magic for a week long break.
The weather was fine and the jumpers we brought with us never came out of the case.
Our room was good, we have seen a few comments about the rooms being tired and in need of an uplift. To be fair, ours was dark and a little gloomy, however, we both agreed that it wasn't the standard of room or the lack of facilities there, it was more a case of the choice of colouring/decor.
So, as we only sleep or shower in the room, how would that be a problem?
The view from our window was stunning and it was good to sit there with a beer after a long hard day relaxing by the pool!
The staff were very friendly and remembered where we liked to sit, what drinks we liked and would make every effort to practice their excellent English on us.
The choice of food for all meals was nothing short of a miracle, they made every effort to meet everyone's taste be they English, Russian or German. The quality never faltered all week and we never went hungry. Always a good sign.
Relaxing by the pool was not hard to do even during the activity sessions. Watching the Staff working hard to encourage everyone to join in was good fun!
We made good friends on this holiday and all we spoke to agreed with one thing...We will be back...soon!
Thank you to all who made it a good holiday.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a sea view. It really is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had really lovely stay at the Club Magic hotel and by the time we left I had fallen in love with the hotel and was quite sad to leave.

We were delayed by a couple of hours on our way out due to snow and so we didn't arrive at the hotel until around 19.30 - we didn't receive a welcome drink or cold towel which was a shame after such a long trip. I had also pre-checked in but upon arrival they didn't seem to have any of the details to hand but wasn't a big problem.

We had requested a room in a quiet area of the hotel on the top floor and were really pleased that they had honoured this. We had a junior suite which was nice with a sea and garden view. I can understand about the comments relating to a bit of updating needed - the bathroom was a bit tired however the room was always clean. The fridge was stocked well with drinks upon arrival which are replenished as part of the AI.

I loved the fact that we didn't have to walk around the whole time with a wrist band to show we were AI.

The food in the main restaurant was brilliant - there was such a wide variety and of excellent standard. The outside areas are split for smoking and non smoking but the shade wasn't that great so we opted to eat indoors and felt like you had the restaurant to yourself.

The one thing that I do have to comment on is the booking system for the restaurants. People were queuing from 8.20 onwards waiting for the Guest Services to open at 9.00. It was outside so you were often hit with the hot sun with no shade. They have to come up with a beter solution for booking like booking up to 3 days in advance the restaurants and moving this booking system into the hotel reception area.

The themed restaurants were really nice - Mediterranean, Thai or Egyptian and our favourite was the Mediterranean.

The quiet area pool - we couldn't believe that people were putting their towels out so early and so by 7.45 there were no sun beds available. It didn't bother us so much as we used the beach but for anyone else they wouldn't have got a chance to use it.

The beach was lovely although it is not a place to go if you enjoy walking straight into the sea as you have to walk over quite a lot of rocky patches in the sea to get to at least a deep enough area to swim and be able to stand on sand. When we were there the red flag was up most of the time so couldn't go and snorkel. If you did want to go and snorkel the only place you could do it was at the end of the pier which was really deep.

We didn't do any trips as we were happy to relax on the beach. We did book a couple of massages and I couldn't believe on the first massage the woman who was doing my treatment was listening to her ipod!!! The second one however was a lot better!

The gardens are beautifully kept and the gardeners spend a lot of time tending to these.

The staff work tirelessly around the hotel keeping the place clean and catering to the guests needs.

We did get to see a couple of the evening entertainment shows which were really good and the hotel makes such an effort with the staging around the bar and restaurant areas.

Overall a lovely hotel and the positives outway the very few negatives and would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top level and in a quiet area as they do try to honour this.
1  Thank CBraganza
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My partner and I have just returned (20th march) from a 7 day break at the club magic.
I booked the resort after visiting the travel agency stating I wanted somewhere warm with plenty of sunshine. Well hot and sunny it was....only the breeze enabled us to sit out in the sun.....how people are able to go there in the summer is unbelievable, as it was in the 30's the whole time we were there, and I'm told can hit 50 July/August!

Other reviews have commented on the location, food, staff, activities, bedrooms etc, and overall i would agree it is a lovely place with beautiful well maintained gardens, However one big gripe for us both was being unable to use our iPad or iPhone in all areas of the resort including our room because they do not have a server that covers the whole complex....this was annoying. The gym not opening til 9am each morning when most people wanted to use it much earlier was also disappointing as well as having to que for 30 minutes to book to eat in one of the 3 specialist restaurants was also something I could have done without! However the food in all 3 was excellent.....i loved the Egyptian restaurant whilst my partner preferred the Mediterranean...what ever you do make sure you visit one of them! We also felt the opening times at the magico buffet for breakfast (7am-11am) and dinner (630pm-9am) could do with altering.....people were queuing from 6.30am for breakfast, and at 9pm they whipped everything from the buffet, so no chance of having dinner from the buffet after then which was annoying if you wanted something more substantial after 9pm.

Having travelled to other countries in the Caribbean, America and many areas in Europe and stayed in many 5 star hotels and resorts I would rate this as more 4 star than 5, Thomson advertising it in the platinum section of their brochure as 5 star is a little ambitious, however would stay there if I visit Sharm again............Club magic is not bad and was worth a visit.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

For my husband and myself This is our third trip back here, and what a fantastic holiday we have had. Although we left it too late to book a pool view through the agent I emailed the hotel and asked if possible they could accommodate our request and hey ho we ended with not only a pool view but a beach view too free of charge. The staff are so kind, helpful and efficient. The hotel is spotless , the gardens are beautiful, the pools although rather chilly are a delight to cool down in the relentless heat during the day.
The choice of food is fabulous , even the plates are warm.it caters for everybody and the service by the waiters is impeccable . Remember the winds do pick up in March and jumpers are needed in the evenings, mind you blankets are bought for everybody if needed. The hotel has thought of everything
If you like tennis , it's fab , free coaching twice a day , tournaments and the use of the courts when you like . The coaches are friendly,experienced and ensure a good time is had by all.
The rooms are spotless and are cleaned on a daily basis , not water is plentiful , and the views from the balcony are a delight to sat and see
My only moan is that the Internet is so terribly slow, although you have 15 mins usage , it seems a lot, but due to such slow connection, the sessions pass quickly and often end without completing the task required . With only four computers accessible to everybody you can image it's not ideal.
Trips worth doing Starlight gazer and the VIP boat trip. Snorkelling off the jetty is fantastic and the fish and coral on view from the platoon is beautiful.
This hotel is ideal for people of all ages but generally children are at a minimum , so for that ideal relaxation week spend a week here. We can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: We always like block 14, pool view and on the quiet side. All rooms have beautiful views of the gard...
1  Thank carolyn065