“2nd stay in a year and now planning our 3rd :) Fantastic holiday”

TUI Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh
Ranked #19 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed November 27, 2012

It has been a week since we have returned home from our 2nd stay at Club magic life and already planning on 3rd.

Cleanliness, presentation, effort made, entertainment is awesome.

On arrival the bell boy Taha taxied my mother and myself to our block and assisted with our bags. We settled into a top floor garden view shared suite. Noticed that there was a kettle and drink making facilities, which we did not have on our 1st stay earlier this year so this was a pleasant surprise. The room is very spacious and always well present and the cleaning staff did a great job. Some people complain that is not as luxurious as they would have hoped but I was more than happy with it. To be honest the room was only used for sleeping as we had soo much to do.
When we went to Magico the main buffet we were immediately greeted by a supervisor, Sayed, who recognised us and welcomed us back and asked where my father was. So not only do they recognise us that recalled our family set up. I was amazed and the warm welcome from staff carried on for days. Food at Magico was as good as we remembered. Again waiting staff work hard to ensure tables are cleared and glasses are full. Each night there is a theme that runs through from the food to decoration and staff uniforms. The selection of food available is always varied and had o issues with their food hygiene. Shame about the other holiday makers, spotted one woman literally hand picking through the fresh herbs till she found one that was just right…. Shame on her! Many thanks to Ahmed Adel and Mido Romany . Just sorry that Mohammead Eade had gone on leave the same day we arrived. .. Maybe next time.
As well as the buffet at Magico there is also 3 Three A-la-carte restaurants – Mai tai (Tai food in the evenings and round the world buffet at lunch time), Sofra – Mediterranean and Baia – Egyptian. You need to book the day before you want to go. There is a queue from 8:30 ready for when Guest services open at 9am but we always found the line fast moving and the booking process pain free.
We tried Sofra first. The layout of the restaurant was sooo serene ad the food divine. I love my fish so I was in heaven. Mohammed Ibrahim was very attentive and helpful. I recommend not eating much during the day as the food is plentiful and rich! Only wish I could go more the once 
My mother booked Baia for my 30th. We were greeted on arrival by the captain who congratulated me on my birthday. The table was decorated for the occasion. The atmosphere and deco of the restaurant is once again lovely. Food was beautifully cooked. Toward the end of the meal I was sung happy birthday to by the captain and waiting staff. They reassured is the table was ours for as long as we wanted and advised us not to rush. I was then presented with as well as the pudding I ordered but a slice of birthday cheese cake. Then there was an Arabic version of happy birthday which included drums and dancing ad a second slice of birthday gateaux… I needed rolling out.  Many thanks to the captain and Emad Ahmd, Ahmed on the drums, Mohamed Ibrahim and the rest of the Baia staff for making it a memorable evening.
Mai Tai – does a round the world buffet lunch that you do not have to book for. Again nicely laid out and the enchilada are cooked fresh!

You can also find afternoon tea laid out in the American bar that has free wifi. The Wifi could be improved but is sufficient for use.
There are various bars aswell. We loved the Eagles bar, Wunderbar, Terrace bar and pool bar. The cocktails are gorgeous and the coffee is excellent. All the waiting staff work very hard doing long shifts but you never find them without a smile. And ready to share a joke with you – Thanks for the spider Mustafa! Again hats of to Albeer, Tata, Mohamed, Fady, Adel, Sameh, Shawky, Kareem, Khaled, Ahmed, Mahmoud B and the bosses Shaker and Amgad. They were very respectful towards me and mother. And Amgad especially offered some sage advice and sympathy when I got eaten by mosquitos one night and my mother was ill. A true gentleman
The pools were also clean. I like the buzz of the activity pool but there is a relax pool if you want a quieter time. Yes sun beds do get marked by people despite signs saying its not allowed but we were never stuck for a sun bed. The life guards there are always on the go. Ensure access ways are clear. Just hope they are appreciated – Thanks Ali, Ayman and Mohammed. If something was spilt it was always quickly cleared up.
Entertainment was varied and enjoyed the white party and romantic party. There is also a disco for those who have ot been exhausted of the long day or chilling by the pool and eating 
If you do sit by the activity pool be aware you will have salesman from the Spa and wellness centre approach you. Don’t be fooled by the guys offering a trail of threading on one eye brow! You do need to be firm if you are not interested but you can still be polite. We did have asset of massages and the staff were respectful and professional but still able to have a giggle. One day the spa staff really did go above and beyond when I was eaten alive the day before we left by mosquitos. Abdo who we knew as he arranged our massages helped find some chamomile lotion for legs and had one of the female therapist apply it for me. I am truly grateful to them both as I was itching like mad. Thanks again to the wellness staff – Sameh and Abdo. I don’t know what happened. Usually I do not suffer for insects bites, in march I was bite free but this time in November was not so good. If you usually get bitten by the nasty little critters I recommend going to the chemist which is located 800yrds to the right when you leave the hotel and purchase some local insect repellent.

The pier is good to access the lovely warm sea and snorkelling but if the wind is up it can be a bit unpleasant.

Would I recommend Magic Life? Yes. 100% Great service, great accommodation and great memories.

My only request to English travellers is to plan a head and when thinking about tipping staff to do so in notes. As the banks in Egypt will not change English coins for them. This results in the staff having to ask English travellers if they can change the coins for paper cash. So think ahead. The staff really deserves your consideration.

Room Tip: We were on block 20 and the room there was stuning
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Caroline B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,797)

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Club Magic Life has the best beach location in Nabq Bay and the house reef is teeming with colourful fish and coral, although the current can be quite strong. The main pool is large and lively and well "animated" and there is a decent size quiet pool if you just want to chill out. The gardens are immaculately tended and all the staff (with one exception - see later) really went out of their way to be helpful.

There are no shortages of sunbeds on the beach but it can sometimes be hard to find ones in good spots around the pools, unless you plonk your towels on them by about 7.30am! (Tip: don't hand in your towels at the end of the day - the towel exchange kiosks don't open until 8am - if you're lucky - by which time there's not a lot of choice!)

The cocktails were really good, made (so far as we could tell) with premium brands, not the watered down local produce one often finds in the Caribbean. The food was pretty good but much better - and with ambience, to boot - at the speciality restaurants. But this is our only real grouse and the main reason for not awarding five stars.

As other reviewers have commented, the system for booking one of these restauarants is ridiculous. Firstly, there are only three of them but all three are only open 6 nights a week. Why, I do not know and this isn't what you expect for a 5 star resort. In effect it means that there is almost a 50/50 chance that, at best, only two restaurants will be available when you try to book.

You're only allowed to eat at one resturant each week, so once you've eaten at one, your choice comes down to just two. You can only book for the following evening (which rules out your day of arrival and the first full day) and so if your stay is for a week, you are down to 5 possible days, during which each of the three restaurants is likely to have one of its weekly nights of closure!

All this would be merely irritating were it not for the farcical booking system. Ostensibly a booking can be made at Guest Services between 9am and Noon but on our first full day we turned up at 10am, only to be told by the Guest Services rep, Carina, that all the restaurants had been fully booked. So we turned up the next day at 8.45, queued till 9.30 and still only got our second choice restaurant, because the first choice was fully booked.

This farce was repeated the next couple of days but got even worse. The rep, Carina, clearly knows from her computer (that she sits there pretending to work on) when a restaurant is fully booked. But she sees nothing wrong with allowing people to continue to queue for another 20 minutes without bothering to walk down the line, or otherwise make it known that, say, the Thai Mai is fully booked. For some people, if they have already eaten at the Egyptian and the Med restaurant is closed the next day, they have no other choice. Why let them wait until they get to the computer screen and then smirk at their disappointment?!

I and another disgruntled guest put it to Carina that she was being unhelpful but she utterly failed to see any problem and was unrepentent. Guest Services? Wassat?!! This person should not be working in Hospitality. This is the same person who on our first day told us that "it is not necessary to queue!"

And the management should not allow such a ridiculous system. Open a fourth speciality restaurant. Keep them open 7 days a week. Install a second computer in Guest Services to cut down on the queuing. Employ someone who actually wants to help guests get the most out of their holiday! (Note: that person is not Carina!)

This experience did tend to take the gloss off what was otherwise a most enjoyable holiday and, as long as we do not have to encounter Carina again, we would happily return. I would definitely have given it 5 stars otherwise. If only....

Room Tip: Blocks 10 and 11 can have a poor outlook, depending on which way your room is facing. Blocks 14 and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RayCad
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent 11 nights here in early November 2012.. our first trip to Egypt. Having read many of the reviews on Trip Advisor before booking, this hotel exceeded all our expectations ... the staff are exceptional, helpful, polite & work so hard to make your stay special. We ate in all the restaurants and the food/service was SUPERB , the rooms are very clean/spacious (with 1st class air con!) & the grounds are kept immaculate. There are plenty of activities throughout the day (should you be interested,) & we never had a problem finding sunbeds around the pools or on the beach. For paddling in the sea you'll be advised to wear coral shoes, the hotel has a private jetty that takes you out to deeper water where you can swim/snorkel (lifeguard present.)
The entertainment team do a fabulous job & aim to please all ages, working throughout the day (without being pushy) & putting on shows in the evening at different locations around the complex.
We have to say a very special thank you to Shaker (Bar Manager) who did a great job in making us feel so welcome throughout our stay, also to Adel (24 hour bar,) Aymen Mohamed & Mohamed Refaat (Beach bar) for their wonderful cocktails & endless entertainment ! Luv
Would thoroughly recommend this hotel & hope to return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doodieh
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is our second visit to Club Magic this year. It was like a homecoming. Staff still remembered us from our first visit and welcomed us back. Special effort was made for my daughters 30th birthday, which we celebrated in the Sofra, Egyption Restaurant. Thank you to the Captain and his staff. It is a beautiful restaurant, the food was great and the atmosphere excellent.
I agree with all previous comments regarding cleanliness, food, lovely accomodation at the hotel. Staff are excellent, so helpful and observant. I would also like to mention the pool staff, senior life guard Ayman, lifeguard Ali and Mohammed at the large pool, as they are quietly doing an excellent job keeping the area clean and tidy. I noticed another guy who was scrubbing the sun loungers on the other side of the pool but did not get his name. At the poolbar we had excellent service by all staff.
The terrace bar staff working hard all night and remembering how to make your favourite tipple. We found the Eagles bar a very relaxing space and Sameh very attentive.

Massage at the Wellness Centre was excellent and the guys very helpful.

A word of caution if accepting a demonstration for threading, I would have the demo done other than on one eyebrow, as you then have not choice but to follow it through.

Another word of caution. In the kiosk at the seafront where I bought last minute presents, I was persuaded to buy a larger sarcophagus with mummy and magnetic lid rather than the one I had chosen. It was taken off me with the offer of wrapping it well for the homeward journey. On arrival I found out that it was swapped back for the cheaper version during this process. I was particularly annoyed as I payed what they asked, knowing it was overpriced but did not haggle. This happened in the papyrus kiosk.

Outside the hotel turning left on the mainroad, past a row of shops and a pub, less than 10mins walk, I found a clothing store and souvenir shop. This was a no hassle shop with well kept souvenirs and also fashion items next door. His name is Hassan and he is from Luxor. Great guy.

I have to agree with a previous comment that the large pool is on the cool side. In fact the sea was much warmer for swimming. Also the evening entertainment started a little late for us. This would not be a problem during summer, as one would spend longer by the pool or the sea. However in winter it proves rather a long evening. However this is not stopping us planning a return to this hotel in the spring.

Room Tip: Each time we have had a top floor room. Block 19 seaview the first time. This time Block 20 garden v...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Within a matter of hours we had settled into our holiday and were amazed at the variety of food on display. There were many enjoyable experiences with the highlights being the Thai mai evening meal , the wide variety of drinks available plus the beach which was brilliant with a beach bar only a matter of yards away from the sunbeds.
Like most guests we hardly ventured out of the hotel complex , an evening at Soho Square was disappointing and Thompson half day tour of Sharm lacked imagination and was rather bland. In fact we were annoyed that we left Club Magic.
Our afternoon treat was coffee and cake in the tower cafe .
All staff were extremely polite , helpful at all times and rooms were extremely clean.
Definately deserves its high rating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joeythecat
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived late evening and was met at the door and escorted quickly to the restaurant so we didn't miss dinner. After a very enjoyable meal we checked in and was shown to our rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable stocked with tea, coffee and cold drinks.

Every night the main restaurant was decorated to represent the relevant theme of the night. Mexican, Egyptian,Italian, fish the list was endless. The food was excellent and there was always a good choice. There are also three a'la carte restaurants to choose from. The bars offered agood choice of cocktails and mocktails.

For those scuba divers the diving is reasonably priced and the dive shop is one of the best. Very organised, clean and fully equipped. The end of the jetty has some excellent coral reefs perfect for those wishing to snorkel.

You have the choice of the beach, the main pool or the relax pool to enjoy. Never a shortage of sunbeds even later in the day.

Definitely one of the better hotels in Sharm.

The only down side to our holiday was that we were only there for one week, so have come home and booked two weeks for next June.

Room Tip: The blocks nearer to the beach are quiter if you wish to retire before midnight
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mrs_Bezza
Reviewed November 23, 2012

First time to Sharm but I have experienced many 5 star all incl hotels around the world. Club Magic Life was fabulous and I really cannot fault the hotel or location. The complex is incredibly clean with manicured gardens. The pools are lovely, room is more than acceptable and the food is the best I have had in an a/i hotel before. There were ample sunbeds and I never had to try to reserve one. One of the best aspects of my experience was the very lovely staff. Everyone of them are very pleasant and go out of their way for you to enjoy your holiday. Probably the best asset the hotel has is the amazing Marcus - what a lovely guy, incredible mover, great entertainer. I heard many people saying that they had been to Magic life previously (some 5 times). I can understand why. I am not one to usually return to a hotel for fear there may be something better on offer. However, I intend to visit Sharm (probably every winter) and I will ALWAYS stay at Club Magic. Shalln't be bothering with Tenerife etc anymore as this place ticks ALL the boxes and is far nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room as the balconies are nice and you get more of a view even if it's simply o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends