“Absolutely Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #39 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Absolutely Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

I have just returned from an 8 night’s holiday from the 24th July to the 1st August at the Savoy Hotel in Sharm el Sheikh. I went with my Sister in law and two nieces.
I would like to say this hotel is truly amazing – everything about it is great, the people the amenities everything on sight is absolutely FANTASTIC – my stay here was amazing the best holiday ever – I will definitely be visiting again next year (inshalalh) The Savoy is truly a hidden Gem more credit should be given to them.
I must say I wasn’t as excited as I should have been when we first booked a resort as I am not the type of person who likes to sit at a resort all day but if your looking for a relaxing break in the sun full of adventure don’t have any doubts about the Savoy. My views booking a resort have truly changed when I arrived at the Savoy.

On arrival, we were greeted by all staff at the reception (Jack) and our luggage was taken care of immediately by Mahmud who was funny and a wonderful person always making us laugh. We were given a refreshing drinks while we checked in, which didn’t take long at all. Then we were given a short tour of the hotel and to our rooms.
Our hotel room was overlooking a pool and was very spacious. The room service was very good if not excellent. Our room guy (Mohammed) was great I really loved him always polite greeting us and asking us how our day was.

The hotel is truly beautiful with fantastic staff that cannot do enough to please you.
We could not fault them especially Mr Fantastic (Mohammed Badra) and his team from the concierge – if it wasn’t for him I don’t think our stay would have been as good, he made each day for us pleasant and exciting.

We booked all our excursions with Mohammed Badra so we new what we had planned for the rest of the week which is a good idea to do otherwise you will be lost of time and things to do. He treated us really well through out our trip and made sure everything was perfect. He even took time out to ask us how each excursion went and if we were happy with everything he also provided his number to call him personally if we had any issues during our stay,( of course we didn’t) his service was truly amazing –

I must say the Savoy provides many amenities, If your like me and you don’t want to sit by the pool all day – there is so much to do, in fact you don’t even need to leave the grounds. The beach that is just a few minutes’ walk through the hotel is perfect if you want to go snorkelling. – I must recommend, to buy the snorkelling gear once you arrive there so you can see the beautiful fishes everyday at the beach, that’s my biggest mistake I only got to snorkel on my last day if I had known I would have been there everyday its defiantly a must see.

At the beach you will meet some more amazing people, we have the life guard Esmail who really looked after us. – He will ensure you get the best spot on the beach, so make sure you say hello and im sure he will treat you as good as he treated us. Another Face to look out for would be Anas - at the Savoy Diving centre, through him I booked mine and my nieces diving experience which was truly amazing. Our diving instructor was Ayman and he was great if it is your first time like it was ours he will really make the experience one to remember.

We ate in many of the lovely restaurants that are on the hotel grounds. In the main restaurant (Tirana) we were served by our waiter (Hani) for breakfast and again if we were having lunch their or the pool bar he was always there. He was extremely polite and welcoming and made our meals enjoyable. He was always at your service making sure you had everything you needed and there were a few others but I can not remember there names so thank you to the Tiranna restaurant staff and the pool bar staff you were absolutely great.

If you need to get out of the mid day heat another thing you must do is visit the perfume and oil shop that is situated upstairs in the Savoy hotel. We met Adam who is the owner of the shop. His hospitality was truly amazing. He would take time out just to make his special coffee for me and my family (which I am craving now) even if we had no intention of buying anything. If we needed anything we could always ask him and he was just a concession at the hotel.

You have Soho Square at your door step where you have endless boutiques to shop for souvenirs and grab a coffee have some shisha and also the ICE BAR is a must see – you will have so much fun, it’s a nice feeling to go into a cold room made out of ice and then come out to the warm Egypt air. Excellent! If you want the night life take a cab to Nama bay or take the shuttle bus if you don’t want to spend any more money – but personally to busy and to many perverts so stay away – and if you do make sure you take your repellent spray with you as the mosquitoes will eat you alive.(Savoy does not have this problem I wouldn’t even bother using any repellent)
Over all I would say if your looking to go to sharm stay at the Savoy- if to pricey then why not stay at the Siera its meant to be just as good but in no comparison to the Savoy trust me on that! Savoy is the one!

By the way we were staying in room 7021 and 7023 so many many thanks to all the staff, Mohammed Badra – Anas, Hani, Esmail, Adam, Mohammad, mahmud and the guys from the Business centre and if I have forgotten any one else thanks to you as well as all the staff were amazing im really sorry If I missed you out, thank you for making our stay at the Savoy the best holiday So far. Hopefully you will be seeing us again next year inshallah. Can’t wait!!!

5 Thank HOSSEY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

I just returned from the wonderful Savoy Hotel in Sharm el Sheikh. I had an 8 night stay from the 24th July to the 1st August with my mum, sister and aunt. On arrival, we were greeted by all staff at the reception area and our luggage was taken care of immediately. We were given a refreshing drink while we checked in, which took no longer than 10minutes. Just on arrival, I knew this holiday was going to be a blast from the excellent service we had already received.

The next morning, we decided to book all our excursions for the week. This is highly recommended as it will keep you well organised for your entire stay at the Savoy. To do all of this, we asked Mr Fantastic (Mohamed Badra) for advice who works on the concierge desk. He spoke to us and booked all our excursions for us through the hotel. Mohamed Badra is a very respectful man and well – mannered. He treated us so well throughout the week and made sure that everything was to tip top perfection. He was so polite and always made sure that we were happy with the service we were receiving from the hotel, the staff and even from all our excursions that we booked. He even took time out to ask us how each excursion went and if we were happy with everything! I thought his service to us was extremely fantastic and could not have asked to meet a better concierge!! He made our week at the Savoy very special indeed. I cannot give him enough praise. So thank you Mr FANTASIC...you truely are FANTASTIC!!!!

The Savoy hotel provides many amenities, so use them and enjoy! We went on an all inclusive package which we found worked out a lot cheaper for us. So I would recommend that you look into this option when booking. We ate in many of the lovely restaurants that are on the hotel grounds. In the main restaurant (Tirana) we were served by our waiter (Hani) most of the time. He was so lovely and took time out every day to come over and talk to us about our stay throughout the week. Not only did he ensure we had everything we needed but gave us more than the service we expected. Other staff members in the restaurant were also very nice and helpful indeed. They give acknowledgement to you and make you feel that little bit more special as the days pass. Not to mention, the variety of food is just endless and amazing.

The beautiful beach that is just a few minutes’ walk through the hotel is perfect. Here you will meet some more amazing faces that work there. The wonderful lifeguard (Esmail) really looked after my group and I. He ensured that we got the sun loungers that we wanted and that they were situated in the perfect spot. He had daily conversations with us and his presence was just welcoming and comical. Another face to look out for is (Anas). He booked my sisters and aunts scuba diving experience. After that he would come over to us on the beach and ensure everything was going well and that we were happy. His conversations were also very welcoming and warm. All the staff on the beach are to be given praise as their service to all guests is just wonderful.

Another thing you must do is visit the lovely perfume and oil shop that is upstairs in the Savoy hotel. We met (Adam) who is the owner of the shop. His hospitality was amazingly endless. He would take time out just make tea and coffee for us even if we had no intention of buying anything. He is a lovely man and his perfumes and oils are amazing and very much worthwhile buying. They truely are amazing.

Overall, our stay at the Savoy was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. Not only is it a beautiful hotel but it’s the Staff that makes it that extra bit special. All praise should be given out to the many staff that are mentioned above and that also work in the many other areas of this hotel as they are the ones that have made this hotel what it is today!

My special thanks however goes out to Mr Fantastic!! (Mohamed Badra) who works on the concierge desk. Without him, my holiday would not have been as special and enjoyable as it turned out to be. I truely owe my thanks to him for such a wonderful and FANTASTIC week!

Room 7021 and 7023 are the rooms we stayed in...and they were just FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you Savoy for a FANTASTIC holiday!

Inshallah, Mr Fantastic, you will be seeing me next year!!!

From Poppy Fantastic!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank Poppy_fantastic
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our great experience started even before we had arrived; after emailing the hotel prior to leaving the UK, a courtesy bus collected us from Sharm el Sheikh airport and delivered us safely to the hotel, which was very welcome after our journey.
The hotel was just as lovely as the pictures and the hotel staff were so smart, polite and friendly, they couldnt do enough for us, nothing was to much trouble.
The room was lovely and clean, only a few seconds from the pool and a few minutes from the beach, plenty of reasonably priced places to eat with Soho Square just at the door step of the hotel, with an ice rink, supermarket, bars and a club, plenty to do of an evening, even if just a walk around. The hotel even had enough eateries of its own to get you through two weeks and the food was delicious!
Entertainment was provided pretty much every night at the hotel itself, from belly dancing to movie nights, African dancing and kareoke.
I would definitely return to this hotel again and woul highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank angel71032
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Genuinely friendly staff, couldnt do more for you, but werent 'in your face' hassling you, good choice of restaurants and very good food, went all inclusive, so no scary bill at the end. Hotel was clean and well maintained, bathrooms could do with a refit, a bit tired, but bedrooms spacious and cool. Snorkelling off the beach a real asset, husband went diving offshore, didnt see much more wildlife than you could off the pontoon off the beach. Pools were clean, good size, and supervised. Plenty of Russian guests, probably learnt more Russian than Egyptian during our stay! Evening entertainment OK, not much to do for kids, we have one teenager and a 7 year old, but we knew that when we booked. Customer services were excellent, keen to ensure you had a good holiday. All of us had minor upset stomachs, but kind of expected and remedied, cant pin down why we got them, dont think it was the food or hygene. Royal Savoy partly closed off due to building works building an ice bar, construction noise was apparent around one pool, but you could escape the noise. Hotel was only half full when we went as we went before normal school holidays, so no problem reserving restaurants. Airport almost nextdoor but surprisingly didnt suffer from aircraft noise.

2 Thank Roly54
LONDON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I went to the Savoy with my husband, my 6 year old boy and my 1 year old boy... I must say that the Hotel Staff are all incredibly kind and helpful especially Mohamed Badra and all of the boys on the beach. Nothing is too much for them and they deal with everything professionaly and fast. The hotel in itself was very nice but for a 5* I must say that the level on cleanliness in the bedroom and toilet was definetely not amazing... the toilet had a constant unpleasant smell and also the toilet bin stank, even when empty... this however doesnt reflect in the hotel. Also the food is very nice and every night was something different on the menu... Egyptian night, Lebanese night, Italian night (That was the only awful night food wise...). I would definetely recommend this place but I would suggest if you can to go Full board or all Inclusive because we went Half Board and ended up spending over £400 on top of what we'd already paid. They charge you 17 Egyptian Pounds for a big bottle of water when you can buy it in Old Market for 2 Egyptian Pounds... trully a rip off... Still had a nice time but I am glad to be home.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MARISAOEKMEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

We recently travelled to Sharm with a family and had a very pleasant stay at the Savoy during 27Jul to 01Aug . The staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly .At the arrival, to our pleasant surprise, we were upgraded to sea view rooms.
All the facilities were of a good standard. Rooms were very clean rooms.Myself and my husband used the Fitness Centre few times and we found the staff were very helpful, particularly
Andrain was very outstanding. He was great ,very helpful and gave some good tips on health and fitness. As airline staff we are fortunate that we get to travel around the world and have stayed at some of the prestigious hotels but I have to say Savoy staff is the best .

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank suesmith_10
NI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Savoy for 7 nights in July 2010

Before going I had read quite a lot of reviews on TA and was a little aprehensive about our holiday. On arrival at the Savoy within minutes all my doubts were disolved. We were greeted with a welcome drink while Jack at the reception informed of all our entitlements as S Class guests. We were shown to our room 4110 and on the way the bell boy gave us a short tour of the hotel detailing some of the many facilities available

From our first day at the pool Al Mahamed made sure that we have to sunbeds where we liked to sunbath and that anything we needed we got. Mena from the Rocky Pool ensured that we had all the refreshments we needed during our sunbathing.

The hotel has many beautiful gardens and walkways which enhance the grandeur of the resort. There are may restaurants and bars located in and around the hotel and there are also many restaurnts and bars in soho square which is a strip just outside the very beautiful tree lined path from the Savoy.. Being S Class were were entitled to enjoy the many restaurants and bars (excluding the Ice Bar) in Soho Square which meant we had around 14 restaurants and 11 bars to choose from.

One of our very special dinning experiences was the Gala Dinner which was included for S Class guests where we dines outdoors while enjoying some of Egypts entertainment.

We have been fortunate to have experienced many good hotels on holiday including 5star in Cancun, Mexico and I would rate this as the best all inclusive experience I have had to date with so many added extras included in the package

Once again thanks to ALL the staff at the Savoy and Soho Square especially JACK from Reception, AL MAHAMED from towel bay by the Pool and MENA from the rock pool bar

We will definately be returning and look forward to meeting the very welcoming staff that make the Savoy so special

Many thanks Mr and Mrs Press