I have just returned from an 8 night’s holiday from the 24th July to the 1st August at the Savoy Hotel in Sharm el Sheikh. I went with my Sister in law and two nieces.
I would like to say this hotel is truly amazing – everything about it is great, the people the amenities everything on sight is absolutely FANTASTIC – my stay here was amazing the best holiday ever – I will definitely be visiting again next year (inshalalh) The Savoy is truly a hidden Gem more credit should be given to them.
I must say I wasn’t as excited as I should have been when we first booked a resort as I am not the type of person who likes to sit at a resort all day but if your looking for a relaxing break in the sun full of adventure don’t have any doubts about the Savoy. My views booking a resort have truly changed when I arrived at the Savoy.
On arrival, we were greeted by all staff at the reception (Jack) and our luggage was taken care of immediately by Mahmud who was funny and a wonderful person always making us laugh. We were given a refreshing drinks while we checked in, which didn’t take long at all. Then we were given a short tour of the hotel and to our rooms.
Our hotel room was overlooking a pool and was very spacious. The room service was very good if not excellent. Our room guy (Mohammed) was great I really loved him always polite greeting us and asking us how our day was.
The hotel is truly beautiful with fantastic staff that cannot do enough to please you.
We could not fault them especially Mr Fantastic (Mohammed Badra) and his team from the concierge – if it wasn’t for him I don’t think our stay would have been as good, he made each day for us pleasant and exciting.
We booked all our excursions with Mohammed Badra so we new what we had planned for the rest of the week which is a good idea to do otherwise you will be lost of time and things to do. He treated us really well through out our trip and made sure everything was perfect. He even took time out to ask us how each excursion went and if we were happy with everything he also provided his number to call him personally if we had any issues during our stay,( of course we didn’t) his service was truly amazing –
I must say the Savoy provides many amenities, If your like me and you don’t want to sit by the pool all day – there is so much to do, in fact you don’t even need to leave the grounds. The beach that is just a few minutes’ walk through the hotel is perfect if you want to go snorkelling. – I must recommend, to buy the snorkelling gear once you arrive there so you can see the beautiful fishes everyday at the beach, that’s my biggest mistake I only got to snorkel on my last day if I had known I would have been there everyday its defiantly a must see.
At the beach you will meet some more amazing people, we have the life guard Esmail who really looked after us. – He will ensure you get the best spot on the beach, so make sure you say hello and im sure he will treat you as good as he treated us. Another Face to look out for would be Anas - at the Savoy Diving centre, through him I booked mine and my nieces diving experience which was truly amazing. Our diving instructor was Ayman and he was great if it is your first time like it was ours he will really make the experience one to remember.
We ate in many of the lovely restaurants that are on the hotel grounds. In the main restaurant (Tirana) we were served by our waiter (Hani) for breakfast and again if we were having lunch their or the pool bar he was always there. He was extremely polite and welcoming and made our meals enjoyable. He was always at your service making sure you had everything you needed and there were a few others but I can not remember there names so thank you to the Tiranna restaurant staff and the pool bar staff you were absolutely great.
If you need to get out of the mid day heat another thing you must do is visit the perfume and oil shop that is situated upstairs in the Savoy hotel. We met Adam who is the owner of the shop. His hospitality was truly amazing. He would take time out just to make his special coffee for me and my family (which I am craving now) even if we had no intention of buying anything. If we needed anything we could always ask him and he was just a concession at the hotel.
You have Soho Square at your door step where you have endless boutiques to shop for souvenirs and grab a coffee have some shisha and also the ICE BAR is a must see – you will have so much fun, it’s a nice feeling to go into a cold room made out of ice and then come out to the warm Egypt air. Excellent! If you want the night life take a cab to Nama bay or take the shuttle bus if you don’t want to spend any more money – but personally to busy and to many perverts so stay away – and if you do make sure you take your repellent spray with you as the mosquitoes will eat you alive.(Savoy does not have this problem I wouldn’t even bother using any repellent)
Over all I would say if your looking to go to sharm stay at the Savoy- if to pricey then why not stay at the Siera its meant to be just as good but in no comparison to the Savoy trust me on that! Savoy is the one!
By the way we were staying in room 7021 and 7023 so many many thanks to all the staff, Mohammed Badra – Anas, Hani, Esmail, Adam, Mohammad, mahmud and the guys from the Business centre and if I have forgotten any one else thanks to you as well as all the staff were amazing im really sorry If I missed you out, thank you for making our stay at the Savoy the best holiday So far. Hopefully you will be seeing us again next year inshallah. Can’t wait!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh