We have just returned from a relaxing, luxurious week long break at The Savoy. The hotel is just as beautiful as it looks in the pictures, if not more so!
On arrival at the hotel, it is obvious straight away that the staff are going to look after your every need. Our suitcases were whisked to our (upgraded!) room whilst we checked in, which took all of 5minutes. After a short tour of the hotel’s main amenities, we were shown to our room, which was swiftly converted from a Twin to a Double by the Housekeeping staff.
Our room was spacious and kept very clean, not to mention the beds being turned down for the evenings. The balcony was huge and had excellent views of the main pool, the sea, and the island opposite. It was lovely to relax there in the evening with room service enjoying the stunning views!
The three swimming pools catered for all tastes, but my favourite was the huge shallow pool for relaxing! Every morning, the pool boys would put your towels out for you, and put up/take down the umbrellas. The swim-up pool bar serves tasty cocktails and light snacks for lunch, if you can drag yourself away from sunbathing! Waiting staff are in the pool area throughout the day to take your order/deliver your drinks, who are extremely helpful without being intrusive. The hotel is situated right on its own private beach, and if you are into snorkelling/diving there are lots of tropical looking fish to swim with!
There is so much choice of where/what to eat in the evening. We really enjoyed “Morgana”, which serves a variety of international style meat dishes, and provides lovely sea views. The “L-Entrecote Steak House” which is across the road on the Soho Square complex, serves delicious steaks and you are looked after from start to finish by the extremely friendly staff who can’t do enough for Savoy guests! Another favourite was the hot rock dining experience at the “Caligula Disco” where you cook your dinner on a hot stone brought to the table. Our host, Hanna, was so attentive and friendly, and has lots of magic tricks to amuse you with while you wait for your next course. We did not stay S-Class (All Inclusive) but almost everything we ordered we signed to our room and paid for every couple of days. It made the whole experience completely stress-free!
Finally, a special mention has to go to Mr Joseph Hanna, Front Office Manager. He is one of the most helpful, attentive and friendly people I have ever met!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh